• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    Six stages including a blind woods-walk stage. Should be a LOTTA fun.:D

Estimated ~75 rounds total round-count (suggest you bring a few extra shells).

Shot-size limitations: #7 1/2 through #9.

Recommend modified or tighter choke -- some shots against steel will be out there a ways (~20 yards). You're not gonna knock them down with just a few pellets.:sad20:

Participation is limited to 40 shooters (plus ROs, who will shoot the day-before). Due to limited space, advance-reservations are on a first-come first-served basis. Make advanced reservations for this event via here. Don't dawdle in signing-up -- we believe that this event will sell-out.

Safety briefing is planned for 0900 sharp, so please try to arrive NLT ~0830.

Price: $20. Payable in cash on the date of the match. Please do not sign-up and then cancel at the last minute (or worse, just not show-up) -- this takes a slot away from another shooter. We reserve the right to refuse reservations for future events from folks who repeatedly do this sort of thing.

For questions, please contact Match-Director Tom Slater at tslater@md.metrocast.net or Deputy Match-Director Greg Banta at glbanta@comcast.net.

basscat

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    Hope your not gonna have that crazy steel spinner again.:mad54: That thing drove me crazy! Looking forward to this again.

deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    Hope your not gonna have that crazy steel spinner again.:mad54: That thing drove me crazy! Looking forward to this again.

Not if I have anything to say about it (but unfortunately I DON'T have anything to say about it:sad20:).

I also hated the "Whirli-Gig". I was shooting light loads in my 870 riot-gun with a cylinder-bore. It was like I was trying to blow that thing over with a puff of breath. :mad54:

This coming match should be better than the last one. And we should be having them more frequently from now on.

deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    John, when will the sign up start for the May 17 tac shotgun match? V/R Phipp

I am ready to pull-the-trigger (pun intended) on announcing this match, but there is some discussion on a conflict with the USPSA MD/VA Sectionals that run 16-18 May.

Stand-by for the announcement.

deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    I'm checking with the match-directors on scheduling.

The match-hardware (targets, target-stands, etc.) is all in-place.

It's just the software (i.e. the staff and their busy lives) that are making the scheduling of our next match difficult.

sidthekid55

Mar 9, 2013
    Interested in giving this a try! Is this for members only? I have no experience in the competitive shooting arena whatsoever, but I'm definitely interested in getting into it. Thanks in advance from a newbie!

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Interested in giving this a try! Is this for members only? I have no experience in the competitive shooting arena whatsoever, but I'm definitely interested in getting into it. Thanks in advance from a newbie!

most if not all matches in slsc is open to public. just check clubs calendar..

sannerslake.org

deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    July 12th Tactical Shotgun Match at Sanner's Lake

Sign-up for the match here.
    We cannot guarantee spaces for "walk-on" folks, but will definitely accommodate them if we have room.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Details are as follows:

*** Six stages including a blind woods-walk stage.
    *** Estimated ~75 rounds total round-count (suggest you bring a few extra shells).
    *** Shot-size limitations: #7 1/2 through #9.
    *** Recommend modified or tighter choke -- some shots will be out there a ways.

Participation is limited to 40 shooters (plus ROs). Due to limited space, advance-reservations are on a first-come first-served basis. Match-officers, ROs, and staff will shoot-through at 0900. Contact tslater@md.metrocast.net if you wish to volunteer to work the match (staff shoot for free, of course). Staff-members need to show-up ~0730 to help in setting up.

For non-staff participants, the safety briefing is planned for 1000 sharp, so please try to arrive NLT ~0930.

Price: $10 for SLSC-members / $20 for Guests, payable in cash on the date of the match.

Please do not sign-up and then cancel at the last minute (or worse, just not show-up) -- this takes a slot away from another shooter. We reserve the right to refuse future reservations for future events from folks who repeatedly do this sort of thing.

For questions, please contact Match-Director Tom Slater at tslater@md.metrocast.net or Deputy Match-Director Greg Banta at glbanta@comcast.net.

Our Match-Director has promised that this match will go forward barring anything but a hurricane. So this match is on come rain or shine.

FTJoe

Aug 27, 2012
    SOMD
    is the september 20 match still a go? it was on the sanner's calendar a few days ago, but i have not seen an up date here with a link to sign up. its now missing from the events calendar so i'm guessing its a bust?

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    is the september 20 match still a go? it was on the sanner's calendar a few days ago, but i have not seen an up date here with a link to sign up. its now missing from the events calendar so i'm guessing its a bust?

cancelled due to lack of participants.

deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD

The cancellation message went-out earlier today, along with the removal from the calendar. If it's not on the calendar, it ain't happening.:sad20:

We were hoping to hold it until the last minute, but just could not scrape-up the staff -- almost certainly due to the county fair this weekend.:tdown:

Tom Slater said:
    Tomorrow's Match is Cancelled!
    Due to a lack of folks volunteering to help set-up, tomorrow's match is cancelled. An all-hands notice has been sent-out.

This is a very steel-intensive match. And although we have worked to simplify the set-up process, it still takes a LOT of work to set-up and tear-down. Steel is heavy!

We suspect that the county fair has sucked-away a lot of the usual folks. That will not be the case for our next Tactical Shotgun match -- likely to be scheduled for early in 2015. Also, we'll try to send-out additional reminders for the next match so that we can put it on our schedules.

Sincere thanks to those of you who did volunteer to help-out.

Hope to see you-all next time.

FTJoe

Aug 27, 2012
    SOMD
    The cancellation message went-out earlier today, along with the removal from the calendar. If it's not on the calendar, it ain't happening.:sad20:

We were hoping to hold it until the last minute, but just could not scrape-up the staff -- almost certainly due to the county fair this weekend.:tdown:

cancellation message must have gone out to sanner's members only as I didn't see one.
    looking forward to the next one. thanks john.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom