beretta m9 d spring vs competition spring?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MonkeyPunch

Feb 23, 2013
    Montgomery County
    The D spring will significantly lighten the feel of the gun in DA mode.

I have not had the opportunity to try out a competition spring, although I have heard rumors (so take it with a grain of salt) that they can result in light-strikes when used in conjunction with certain ammo manufacturers.

plinkerton

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2012
    Abingdon
    Has anyone had any dealings with either one?

The D spring will significantly lighten the feel of the gun in DA mode.

I have not had the opportunity to try out a competition spring, although I have heard rumors (so take it with a grain of salt) that they can result in light-strikes when used in conjunction with certain ammo manufacturers.

It will lighten it. I have one that was used for less than 200 rounds. I don't like it, even though the trigger is lighter. PM me if you want it, can meet at AGC.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    The 92FS has a 20# hammer spring and about a 12#DA /6#SA pull weight. The D model is DAO, usually no decocker/safety on the slide and a bobbed hammer, it uses a 16# hammer spring for around a 9# pull. It is probably the lightest spring that will keep the pistol reliable, although it still doesn't hit as hard as factory, and the lock time is slower, remedied if that is a concern with a lighter hammer. With the D-spring pull ends up about 9#DA / 5# SA, which is about ideal for a working gun, the trigger has a slight takeup to deactivate the internal safeties, but is smooth with a crisp break with little overtravel, really easy to shoot well. Lighter springs may drop weight further, but start to lose reliability quick, and even a D-spring has less margin of reliability as it wears over time. I put a D-spring in my M9 early in it's long life, and have never had a misfire over thousands of rounds, nice deep pin marks on all of them, so I trust it, but others may not be as lucky, so definitely test it if it is any more than a range gun. Grips definitely can improve the feel too, but other than that it's a solid, reliable pistol that is really easy and fun to shoot, despite being overlooked in favor of newer designs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom