• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LimaVictor

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2012
    Southern MD
    deMontjoie,
    I submitted an application a few months ago. Are those applications still being considered or should I go ahead and resubmit an application?

deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    deMontjoie,
    I submitted an application a few months ago. Are those applications still being considered or should I go ahead and resubmit an application?

Our Secretary sends-out e-mail acknowledgements of all applications. So if you've not heard from us then yes, send in a new application ASAP.

See here for applications and details.

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    Yep. A member can sponsor up to 3 guests per day onto the Club. They don't need any credentials beyond the appropriate eye- and ear-protection. Of course, the sponsoring member is directly responsible for his guests and their actions/behavior.

We'll review this stuff in great detail during your orientation briefing.:thumbsup:

The cool thing about bringing guests is that some of them will become members! I have brought a couple to the club many times over the past year as guests, now they are members (well one full and one associate). :party29: Now we can have even larger groups lol (there always seemed to be that 4th person we had to tell 'sorry maybe next time').

deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    Snail mailed an app on Monday, how long should it take to hear something or at least know app was received?

Our Secretary usually sends an e-mail acknowledgement as soon as he receives the application. But the post-office transit-time is somewhat variable.

Your place in the priority for membership is set by the postmark-date, not the receipt-date.

The applications can also be e-mailed to our Secretary at theglot@comcast.net.

John

P.S. DementLR and I met at the Club today as he and his son were getting a tour of the grounds. They used the opportunity to generate hand-written applications, which are the fastest and most foolproof method of all (unless you have really awful penmanship). JWM

fire_medic

Nov 16, 2008
    Calvert County
    I attended new member orientation and RSO training today. I initially thought the $250 initiation fee was high but the explanation of the installation of the Baffle System of safety made much more sense to me. I plan on using the range enough to offset the initial cost of membership and figured 15 times in the first year and I break even from going places other than Myrtle Grove.

ETA: I am not a member of the board but They were down to about 6 as of today.

135sohc

Ultimate Member
    Oct 27, 2013
    I'll be going tomorrow.

The initial sticker shock is still there. However I remind myself the fact that it is literally almost just across the street from where I work. The convenience factor of being able to go during lunch/after work. Not having to deal with the odd hours and very unpredictable conditions of myrtle grove (IE certain characters and the waiting line) more than makes up for it or so I hope is the case.

deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    135sohc said:
    The initial sticker shock is still there.
    Understand. That's why we let folks pay it off over 5 months.

But even if folks cannot afford a membership, note that our matches are nearly all open to the public. Of course members get price-breaks and head-of-line priviliges for these events.

I am not a member of the board ....
    We can fix that on October 9th. ;)

fire_medic said:
    ...but yhey were down to about 6 as of today.
    Less than 3 spots remaining as of 1430 today. Going, going....:sad20:

fire_medic

Nov 16, 2008
    Calvert County
    Understand. That's why we let folks pay it off over 5 months.

But even if folks cannot afford a membership, note that our matches are nearly all open to the public. Of course members get price-breaks and head-of-line priviliges for these events.

We can fix that on October 9th. ;)

Less than 3 spots remaining as of 1430 today. Going, going....:sad20:

I will be at the meeting so as to not get voluntold I am!!. Give me a chance to get my feet wet. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom