• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • strapped

Aug 27, 2012
    Carroll County
    I'd like to put some rifle sights on my 870 tactical/express. Right now it has just the front bead. What are my best options? Any options besides a new barrel? Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      63.6 KB · Views: 267

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Believe it or not, I put a Tasco red dot on it. So far, it's survived multiple rounds of buck, ball, and bird shot. I've put a couple hundred shells through this shotgun, and used the sight at the Langhorne Zombie Shoot. I can't complain, it works pretty good.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    I have trijicons on mine with an EGW rail(doesn't obscure sight), cheaper than the identical scattergun tech sights
    http://www.midwayusa.com/product/109166/trijicon-ghost-ring-night-sight-set-with-green-tritium-front-sight-remington-870-1100-11-87-parkerized

They have a MUCH longer radius than a barrel mounted rear sight, and they work great in low light, a little bit of a PITA to get dialed in, but they are rugged once set-up. I had to drill and tap the receiver, the instructions say to epoxy the front sight on, I did, then drilled it and added a roll pin to be sure it stays put, and for the last 5 years it has. They line up quicker than notch and post, and are fairly precise out to 100 yards.

S7300553.jpg

PGTMG

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2010
    If it is for HD leave the bead or if you must up grade try a XS Big dot very nice. I have about 34-36 ft at my houses longest points.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom