• ...and so much more!
  • RRHemi

Mar 1, 2013
    Annapolis, MD
    Choose civility? Every time I see this I think:

Quit telling me what to do!

CAS_Shooter

Jan 24, 2012
    Some people, including myself really don't care enough to spend hours on research to discover what the movement/group's agenda is. With the vast knowledge-base here you can most times get a quick outline on a topic, and a place to start if interested.

It takes less time to type in the url and review the one page of content than it does to write a post. The site focuses on a small subset of the 25. Ironically to me the list looks like a conservative manifesto. As a conservative gun guy it is beyond my understanding how anyone could have any problem with any of those behaviors. It's not a political action committee it's just an initiative. If we don't like that liberals also say they believe in these things then how about we just hold them accountable to them. We should be claiming them as fundamental conservative principles.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    It's that mutilcultural stuff. Don't be fooled.

From the Urban Dictionary:

1. multiculturalism
    Multiculturalism is a marxist ideology designed to ethnically cleanse European derived peoples by promoting the massive 3rd world invasion of Europe, United States, Canada, and Australia.
    Multiculturalism leads to racial tension and may erupt into a racial conflict once the racial spoils system breaks down. For example - multiculturalism is in full swing in California. Blacks and Hispanics are engaged in a violent racial struggle in Los Angeles

Mr H

Banana'd
    It's that mutilcultural stuff. Don't be fooled.

From the Urban Dictionary:

1. multiculturalism
    Multiculturalism is a marxist ideology designed to ethnically cleanse European derived peoples by promoting the massive 3rd world invasion of Europe, United States, Canada, and Australia.
    Multiculturalism leads to racial tension and may erupt into a racial conflict once the racial spoils system breaks down. For example - multiculturalism is in full swing in California. Blacks and Hispanics are engaged in a violent racial struggle in Los Angeles

see also: anticolonialism, Kenya, Obama

Robert

Having Fun Yet?
    May 11, 2011
    AA County, MD
    It's actually much easier to just go Google the thing yourself than to post the question here & come back looking for responses. Not to be patronizingly arrogant...

It takes less time to type in the url and review the one page of content than it does to write a post. The site focuses on a small subset of the 25. Ironically to me the list looks like a conservative manifesto. As a conservative gun guy it is beyond my understanding how anyone could have any problem with any of those behaviors. It's not a political action committee it's just an initiative. If we don't like that liberals also say they believe in these things then how about we just hold them accountable to them. We should be claiming them as fundamental conservative principles.

I was talking about the 'details' that are typically not presented on the 'movements' website.

Feb 28, 2013
    Choose Duplicity
    Eschews Oversimplicity
    Excuse Stupidity
    Shoos Lucidity
    Peruse the rube-idity

:lol::lol2:

They will only choose civility until they get mugged, robbed or worst raped.

Nah, they'll just blame the police for not being everywhere at every time to be able to prevent it, and then demand higher taxes to pay for more LEO's.

Other than hating just about everyone I find that the nicer I am and the more favors I do for people the shittier I am treated.

"No good deed goes unpunished, for sure" !

You noticed that too, huh?

I dunno why I keep trying to be nice to people. :sad20:

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    Sling Blade;2780750[/B said:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Second Amendment
    Yes, that's how I take it. Kind of be quiet, don't fight us, and conform.

I think it's more like "don't fight them, and conform to their demands, rather than "us". Liberal ass-kissing at it's finest.

Well, not from this boy.

I know, my post was them speaking.

CAS_Shooter

Jan 24, 2012
    stupid sayings...............

Choose Civility
    Have a good day
    Have a blessed day
    Smile

Quit telling me, what to do
    :envy:

I agree they are stupid sayings, most are. But being stupid sayings aside, it does not negate the conservative nature to the fundamental concepts of civility. This is what we preach. When conservatives or 2A advocates blast the behaviors of civility, it validates the reactionary nature that anti 2A folks try to paint about us. There is simply no negative to adopting any or all of the 25 behaviors. We teach these to our kids. We learn then in kindergarten. Catholic and christian schools drive them home as a part of their curriculum.

I wager that it is the fact that they are mostly seen in a liberal county in a liberal state that is at the heart of this anti civility reaction. That is unfortunate as it is the same kind of guilty by association tact that the anti 2a and the liberals take against conservative 2A folks. If 2A/conservatives were to agree with the need for civility, not argue against it, and hold the 2A/liberals accountable to it, it would be a good thing.

Someone post the name of the organized, liberal committee or group that uses the behaviors of civility as a platform against 2A or conservative ideals.

kohburn

Resident MacGyver
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2008
    PAX NAS / CP MCAS
    it does not negate the conservative nature to the fundamental concepts of civility. This is what we preach. When conservatives or 2A advocates blast the behaviors of civility, it validates the reactionary nature that anti 2A folks try to paint about us. There is simply no negative to adopting any or all of the 25 behaviors. We teach these to our kids. We learn then in kindergarten. Catholic and christian schools drive them home as a part of their curriculum.

rather than fighting the "choose civility" stickers, we should be coopting it or hijacking it by saying

"civility is not a choice, it is a way of life"

the sheep are easily led by words, so we need to take control of the phrasology.

Franklin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 12, 2012
    close to budds creek
    rather than fighting the "choose civility" stickers, we should be coopting it or hijacking it by saying

"civility is not a choice, it is a way of life"

the sheep are easily led by words, so we need to take control of the phrasology.
    or just mow the mfer over and do donuts on it!

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    I want "Choose Civility" engraved on this
    spg_PX9105MLP_b.jpg

MonkeyPunch

Feb 23, 2013
    Montgomery County
    While I think a preacher sanctimonious bumper sticker is in poor taste, and I can't comment on the anti-2A origins of it, I don't have a problem with the list. Most of it just tells people not be act like *ssholes to other people.

Here's the list rewritten (it's still saying the same thing). It's called the:

The "Don't be a DUCK" list (replace "Duck" with whatever insult you want)
    1. Don't waste people's time
    2. Don't ignore people/give the silent treatment
    3. Be an optimist
    4. Give people a chance to make their case; you can see where they (or you) are not getting the point
    5. Don't shun people
    6. Be polite
    7. Don't curse or act rude to other people
    8. Don't act disingenuous by avoiding due praise; give praise where it's deserved (in and out of church)
    9. No means no / don't be a rapist
    10. Realize that you can't change some people's opinions, even if they're stupid
    11. Don't act like a bull in a china shop
    12. Don't act like an *ss
    13. Shut up, you don't need to talk 24/7
    14. Don't waste people's time
    15. Back up - this is America and you can't stand 1" away from my face when you're talking to me
    16. Don't give half-*ssed apologies
    17. Don't let other people push you around
    18. Stop trying to get into other people's business
    19. Be a good host
    20. Don't take advantage of your host
    21. Don't ask people for things you can do yourself
    22. Stop whining
    23. Don't just b*tch, explain what's wrong so they can fix it
    24. Respect the environment, be a responsible hunter and prevent the animals from undue suffering
    25. Man up and accept responsibility for yourself and acknowledge any blame when you screwed up.

Nothing really wrong with anything listed, just simple rules of etiquette.

jaybee

Ultimate Member
    While I think a preacher sanctimonious bumper sticker is in poor taste, and I can't comment on the anti-2A origins of it, I don't have a problem with the list. Most of it just tells people not be act like *ssholes to other people.

Here's the list rewritten (it's still saying the same thing). It's called the:

The "Don't be a DUCK" list (replace "Duck" with whatever insult you want)
    1. Don't waste people's time
    2. Don't ignore people/give the silent treatment
    3. Be an optimist
    4. Give people a chance to make their case; you can see where they (or you) are not getting the point
    5. Don't shun people
    6. Be polite
    7. Don't curse or act rude to other people
    8. Don't act disingenuous by avoiding due praise; give praise where it's deserved (in and out of church)
    9. No means no / don't be a rapist
    10. Realize that you can't change some people's opinions, even if they're stupid
    11. Don't act like a bull in a china shop
    12. Don't act like an *ss
    13. Shut up, you don't need to talk 24/7
    14. Don't waste people's time
    15. Back up - this is America and you can't stand 1" away from my face when you're talking to me
    16. Don't give half-*ssed apologies
    17. Don't let other people push you around
    18. Stop trying to get into other people's business
    19. Be a good host
    20. Don't take advantage of your host
    21. Don't ask people for things you can do yourself
    22. Stop whining
    23. Don't just b*tch, explain what's wrong so they can fix it
    24. Respect the environment, be a responsible hunter and prevent the animals from undue suffering
    25. Man up and accept responsibility for yourself and acknowledge any blame when you screwed up.

Nothing really wrong with anything listed, just simple rules of etiquette.

sorta sounds like desiderata

desiderata - by max ehrmann

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.

As far as possible, without surrender, be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant, they too have their story. Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit.

If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself. Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans. Keep interested in your own career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.

Exercise caution in your business affairs, for the world is full of trickery. But let this not blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals, and everywhere life is full of heroism. Be yourself. Especially, do not feign affection. Neither be cynical about love, for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment it is perennial as the grass.

Take kindly to the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth. Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.

Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life, keep peace in your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world.

Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom