• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    So I braved the traffic and drove up to Bollingers to pick up my first Enfield. I chose an Ishapore RFI 7.62 based on a couple reasons. The availability and cost of ammo, the fact I currently have a supply of 7.62, and the rifle looked very nice, and from what I read the Indian Enfields have stronger metal. I haven't shot it yet, but can't wait. It is very smooth and the stock is refinished, but looks very nice. Bore looks very nice.

Attachments

• DSC03076.JPG
      DSC03076.JPG
      32.2 KB · Views: 685
    • DSC03075.JPG
      DSC03075.JPG
      39.4 KB · Views: 678
    • DSC03073.JPG
      DSC03073.JPG
      34.1 KB · Views: 677
    • DSC03072.JPG
      DSC03072.JPG
      21.8 KB · Views: 759

Dave.B

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2011
    So I braved the traffic and drove up to Bollingers to pick up my first Enfield. I chose an Ishapore RFI 7.62 based on a couple reasons. The availability and cost of ammo, the fact I currently have a supply of 7.62, and the rifle looked very nice, and from what I read the Indian Enfields have stronger metal. I haven't shot it yet, but can't wait. It is very smooth and the stock is refinished, but looks very nice. Bore looks very nice.

:D Come on dude, you know the rules! Feet must be in the pictures, not knees. :lol2:
    Seriously though nice rifle.

Sev89

Dreams about cheese
    Nov 4, 2010
    Anatomy Park
    The Enfield action is already smooth as butter. Bet that polished bolt makes it even better. Fantastic looking rifle :thumbsup:

shaddydan

ADHD chicken fighter
    Oct 22, 2010
    Hydes
    Perhaps you should finish painting and not be buying Enfields?:innocent0

Nice rifle! I need to get an Enfield

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Good find. Has all the bones to make a good restoration with little work. Strip the polysheen finish on the stock and soak 'er good in raw linseed oil. Then stove that bolt handle and cocking knob and you'd have a nice, proper looking 2A1.

Sirex