• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    The advantage is also finding >10 round mags and not having to go through gyrations to get them.

Also, picking up powder and primers without HazMat fees.

I don't go every time, but I go once a year.

Ineedone

Apr 14, 2013
    For those who've been there before, odds of finding a VZ58/2008 at a seller willing to sell to a MD resident?

Good luck on both. I haven't seen one at this show, mostly AKs/ARs. I've tried to buy a few SKSs and got shut down for being MD resident.

SKroh

May 20, 2014
    West "By God" Virginia
    Last time I was there, I only saw one VZ2008, and the seller wanted $700 for it.

He had no problem selling to Marylanders, but was not open to negotiation on the price.

Turbohugh

Squib..
    Jan 13, 2014
    Planet Earth
    Drat, if I had seen this earlier I would have waited to before ordering my SKS Stock.
    I need some non-magnetic 7.62x39 ammo. Wonder if its worth the trip everywhere I look its about .50c a round that seems excessive but some indoor ranges wont let you shoot steel cased ammo even if the bullet is all copper and lead. [ridiculous].

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    Had a pretty good show. Picked up a nice M1917 Eddystone for a good price. Ammo prices were ok depending on what you wanted. One vendor has a lot of cans of 7.62x54 for only $89 OTD.

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    Quantico tactical has pmags 5/45 and 40rd pmag for $17or 18 I forget the exact price. For VA guys they have PSA lowers for 49.99

dspurlock

Mar 31, 2013
    I just got back from the show today (I got there when it opened). I picked up a very nice Noveske upper with a Noveske Barrel from Mark at Precision Firearms for a great price. Mark gives great customer service, and if you are looking for uppers (or AR parts for that matter), he has a great selection at very competitive prices. :thumbsup:

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Reloading supplies seem to have gotten slightly more expensive at T&T. I paid $190 for an 8lb jug of IMR4064, $36 for CCI Large Rifle primers, and $32 for CCI Large Pistol primers. The primers may have been the same as last time. The smaller reloading supply seller (the one which has the Asian guy helping out) had the same IMR4064 jug for $180 (same price as the jug I got in April from T&T). His primers were slightly cheaper than T&T as well. He had a full lineup of Alliant Reloader powder and one pound left of Hodgdon Titewad (great for .45 ACP cast) for $20. I think he had 1lb bottles of Varget at like $32 or something.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    I tried to attend yesterday but leaving D.C. at 4:30 and trying to head to VA just wasn't going to happen. The traffic sucked so I turned around and headed home after driving an hour and barely getting out of the city.

etc

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 30, 2010
    It was really bad, worst I've ever seen. Friday at 3-5PM.

The guy with the huge bin of PMags was not there.

No match ammo for anything and when you did find some it was exorbitantly expensive, like M118LR for $27 a box. All ammo overpriced in general, including shotgun.

They did have tons of uppers, some 80% receivers, some finished receivers.

nomade

Apr 26, 2014
    I got a VZ2008 a month ago from PSA, and tranfered it thru Sterling Arsenal
    Paid 489 including transfer fee and shipping. And I received the 30rounds mags Not pin to 10.
    It was worth it for me the trip to Va and the wait. If you buy it in MD cost
    600 and mags pinned down to 10.

MdPrep

Tactically Tactless
    Sep 24, 2014
    I was thinking about going to Chantilly this weekend, however after hearing some of the stories here I am hesitant to throw time and good money after bad. Thanks for the heads-up and better luck to those of us that went.

smokedog

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2009
    Frederick Md
    Went today and there were plenty of mags, upper recievers and ammo to be had with prices all over the map. Some garand food not a whole lot.
    I thought it was a pretty good show and some of the afore mentioned items may or may not have come home with me.:D

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    I tried to attend yesterday but leaving D.C. at 4:30 and trying to head to VA just wasn't going to happen. The traffic sucked so I turned around and headed home after driving an hour and barely getting out of the city.

I got free tickets for James Taylor at the Nissan Pavillion. After 4 hours from Annapolis, it was 9 o'clock and we still weren't there. We turned around and went home

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom