• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    You guys are starting to drink the kool-aid. Look up the build parties they have in California... tents, barbecue, lines of equipment. All-weekend events. Just first names and a handshake.

If it wasn't for one of the members here volunteering the better part of a day to help three guys he barely knew... I might've never gotten started myself. I'm glad he wasn't too afraid of liability to pass it along to others.

Though, I did have more than 4 posts at the time ;)

awptickes

Jun 26, 2011
    N. Of Perryville

That's exactly my point... Someone out-of-state, 0 posts on a lot of sites, very little online presence, etc. making odd requests. Maybe it's because Serguei doesn't speak English quite like a native?

Someone I didn't know at all invited me to his house and showed me how to put together AKs without knowing me very well, but we did communicate quite a bit leading up to the meet up.

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    You guys are starting to drink the kool-aid. Look up the build parties they have in California... tents, barbecue, lines of equipment. All-weekend events. Just first names and a handshake.

If it wasn't for one of the members here volunteering the better part of a day to help three guys he barely knew... I might've never gotten started myself. I'm glad he wasn't too afraid of liability to pass it along to others.

I have no problem meeting members from here I've never met before; one even went to my house while I was in Afghanistan and borrowed one of my AKs for a photo shoot. Length of time on the board, number of substantive posts, and context clues that others have interacted with the individual in question go a long way toward credibility and trustworthiness. The same way I wouldn't run down to DC and invite some random person to my house and show them all my guns, I won't do so via a web forum.

However, if a friend says hey a buddy of mine is looking for some help putting together ____________, iI'll say pass my info or bring him by the house.

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    Ferret, you have offered more free build help than anyone else on the forum. I can't count the number of times you've said "drop by" and haven't been taken up on it.

Wasn't directed at you, just paranoia in general. I haven't invited anyone over to my dank hole in the basement yet, for whatever that's worth.

Serguei666

Jun 7, 2013
    No offense, but 4 posts and never having met you is kind of a no-go for being at my house. Plus I'm not in MD and the live-in house sitter is on strict orders to shoot first and ask questions later. ;)
    Why in this case you say "nobody's willing to put forth the effort to get it" if you don't want to see anybody?
    All I need is a single step - to attach rails.

Serguei666

Jun 7, 2013
    That's exactly my point... Someone out-of-state, 0 posts on a lot of sites, very little online presence, etc. making odd requests. Maybe it's because Serguei doesn't speak English quite like a native?

Someone I didn't know at all invited me to his house and showed me how to put together AKs without knowing me very well, but we did communicate quite a bit leading up to the meet up.

What is so odd about welding rails?
    serguei666.livejournal.com - my build process so far, with pics

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    What is so odd about welding rails?
    serguei666.livejournal.com - my build process so far, with pics

not welding rails...what's odd is that after recent media-based events, suddenly we have a brand new member whose only posts are in the thread about building AKs and he's asking for help without ever having contributed ANYTHING else to the board. you'll pardon us for being skeptical of your motives.

as for your statement insinuating that I should take people up wherever they pop up, perhaps reading my other posts will help you realize why you're an even bigger ass for saying what you did. :thumbsup:

Serguei666

Jun 7, 2013
    not welding rails...what's odd is that after recent media-based events, suddenly we have a brand new member whose only posts are in the thread about building AKs and he's asking for help without ever having contributed ANYTHING else to the board. you'll pardon us for being skeptical of your motives.

as for your statement insinuating that I should take people up wherever they pop up, perhaps reading my other posts will help you realize why you're an even bigger ass for saying what you did. :thumbsup:

I am here because somebody told me "here is the link, these guys build AKs and they can help". As I can see it is not as simple as that.
    And I thought you guys are tough and cannot be scared by some stranger. It's me who should be scared because you have a lot of guns

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    I am here because somebody told me "here is the link, these guys build AKs and they can help". As I can see it is not as simple as that.
    And I thought you guys are tough and cannot be scared by some stranger. It's me who should be scared because you have a lot of guns

you're certainly building the type of trust and credibility that'll change your situation, that's for sure....

Serguei666

Jun 7, 2013
    I know, I already found that, along with the bodybuilding.com, a couple music site profiles and the other livejournal as well.
    Exactly. How can you say "very little online presence" after you found all that junk I left in the Internet

alpine44

Feb 5, 2010
    You can say that again if I ever learn how to build Ak's and start teaching people I am going to require people bring a 77r pink copy, sign a wavier and look them up on Maryland judicial check

Require two FBI print cards, and a consent form; a NAC is only $75 or something like that for a civvie. Small price to pay to not have to tell a judge why you thought it was a good idea to teach someone how to build AKs.

In all seriousness, that's one issue with home building that's rehashed all over many of the home building forums.

I think MOM & Co. would be proud if they could see how much MD has already turned into a Stasi state where everybody worries about their neighbor.

@blacktalon: Where are you planning to obtain the great wisdom that will eventually entitle you to "qualify" others like the MSP? From the public domain where everyone can get it from?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom