• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    I have a mav 88, and that looks cool. Where did you get the kit?

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    There is a grip safety, You rack it back from the vertical foregrip. They only made these for the mossberg 500/590/ maverick 88. They stopped making them back in the early 90's due to a lawsuit. Supposedly the safety can be disengaged and the gun go off it is is dropped hard enough due to the extra weight of the trigger extension. I personally tested this with a few drops on a hardwood floor with an empty chamber and nothing happened. I will have to get back to you with overall length, but it is only two inches longer than with a pistol grip. I should have a range report by this weekend.

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    the form I filled out at Loch Raven yesterday said minimum barrel length of 23"

Not sure if that is strictly enforced, though. Travis has shot there with a tactical 870 with an 18.5" bbl. I do think though, the bullpup would bring some unwanted attention.....

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    Not sure if that is strictly enforced, though. Travis has shot there with a tactical 870 with an 18.5" bbl. I do think though, the bullpup would bring some unwanted attention.....

Don't learn the lesson the hard way, just play by the rules... If it says 23" barrel, then put a 23" barrel on that sucker. :)

Mark

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    The "traditional" Mossberg 500 is not regulated, the bullpup version is. That gun is now an "Assault Shotgun" in that configuration. #30 on the State's silly list. As if the 500 becomes more dangerous in bullpup configuration.

Can't you see how evil it is... after all it's black. Darth Vader was black, he was evil. The Death Star was Black it was evil. The Cylon's were black, they were evil... ok, ok, so Batman was black and not evil... but that doesn't matter. You're missing the point, if it looks evil (subjective interpretation only) then it must be evil and thus an assault weapon.

Sure, it has no extended capacity magazine, bayonet lug, flash hider, bipod, grenade launcher, or shorter barrel... but it's still an assault weapon, just by changing the stock.

Sure, that makes as much sense as regulating folding stock mini-14's.

Mark

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?

I'm on the eastern shore anyway, I will probably head up to Delmarva sporting clays in the next couple of days or just way out in the marsh.

hawxter996

this avatar is offensive!
    Nov 11, 2008
    at home
    Can't you see how evil it is... after all it's black. Darth Vader was black, he was evil. The Death Star was Black it was evil. The Cylon's were black, they were evil... ok, ok, so Batman was black and not evil... but that doesn't matter. You're missing the point, if it looks evil (subjective interpretation only) then it must be evil and thus an assault weapon.

Sure, it has no extended capacity magazine, bayonet lug, flash hider, bipod, grenade launcher, or shorter barrel... but it's still an assault weapon, just by changing the stock.

Sure, that makes as much sense as regulating folding stock mini-14's.

Mark

its pump action, not regulated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom