• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jaredlyon

Nov 23, 2017
    Recently moved to VA and acquired few guns that MD does not like including handguns and long guns how would one go about coming back to MD with guns that are consider "assault weapons" that were all purchased legally outside of MD for example modified Saiga 12 a AR15 built from stripped receiver that has 16 inch barrel and my hand guns

Jaredlyon

Nov 23, 2017
    So how would they tell if it was bought before 2013 I mean they could tell by my age since I was not 18 then but the saiga was bought privately with only a bill of sale

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Trace the serial number back to the manufacturer. They will then give the cops the manufacture date. Then the cops start following the paper trail.

Is it worth the possible hassle?

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Let's see, so you want to commit a felony, and lose your guns, and never be able to own one again, just because you think you can get away with it.

Yeap, smart move.

Oh, and you told the world about doing this, in an open forum.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Trace the serial number back to the manufacturer. They will then give the cops the manufacture date. Then the cops start following the paper trail.

Is it worth the possible hassle?

That. Doesn’t even take a serial number search if you couldn’t have been 18 in 2013. That takes zero investigative work. Check your ID and the cop knows even a tiny bit about FSA2013 and you are looking at a year or two in prison and losing your gun rights permanently. That is assuming the DA doesn’t want to make an example out of you and you get 5-10.

The private sale thing doesn’t work if you weren’t old enough to shave when you would have had to do bought it.

On the handguns, check firearm safety act 2013. It lists what is banned by name. Any copies of a banned handgun are also banned. Also the feature test for them. Doesn’t fall in to that, your handguns are legal. On the handguns, make real super sure they are legal. You are required to register them within a period of time (60 days? Look it up) on establishing residency in MD. Don’t do that and you EVER get stopped by the police with a handgun, I’d bet they’ll at least run a quick look-up or your handgun serial and find you never registered it and you look WAY too young to have bought it before Maryland had a regulated firearm purchase/registration system.

That’s a charge. If it turns out it is a banned handgun, it is now two charges and probably the DA making a case that your violations were intentional and not accidental.

rob

DINO Extraordinaire
    Oct 11, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    That. Doesn’t even take a serial number search if you couldn’t have been 18 in 2013. That takes zero investigative work. Check your ID and the cop knows even a tiny bit about FSA2013 and you are looking at a year or two in prison and losing your gun rights permanently. That is assuming the DA doesn’t want to make an example out of you and you get 5-10.

The private sale thing doesn’t work if you weren’t old enough to shave when you would have had to do bought it.

On the handguns, check firearm safety act 2013. It lists what is banned by name. Any copies of a banned handgun are also banned. Also the feature test for them. Doesn’t fall in to that, your handguns are legal. On the handguns, make real super sure they are legal. You are required to register them within a period of time (60 days? Look it up) on establishing residency in MD. Don’t do that and you EVER get stopped by the police with a handgun, I’d bet they’ll at least run a quick look-up or your handgun serial and find you never registered it and you look WAY too young to have bought it before Maryland had a regulated firearm purchase/registration system.

That’s a charge. If it turns out it is a banned handgun, it is now two charges and probably the DA making a case that your violations were intentional and not accidental.
    You could always move to baltimore and use them in a crime. At least that way you wouldn't get any jail time if you are caught...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Tapatalk

molonlabe

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2005
    Mountaineer Country, WV
    I had a linda pistol stored in Pittsburgh when I moved to MD in 2003. I reclaimed it in 2015 when I became a WV resident. My advice is no. A fire or anything could happen to get it discovered. Stay within the law or move somewhere else. Violations could prove a lifelong prohibition for firearms or concealed carry.

Let's see, so you want to commit a felony, and lose your guns, and never be able to own one again, just because you think you can get away with it.

Yeap, smart move.

Oh, and you told the world about doing this, in an open forum.

Missed that pinecone. I guess you can't fix stupid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom