• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    Okay, I managed to mess up my Walther Creed, but I hope it is easily fixable. I had taken the slide off, but when I went to put it back together, I did not notice that the take down lever had rotated and now I have the slide on the gun and the take down lever is rotated 180 degrees. I can tell that the slide is not on properly and I can't get it back off. Anyone know if this is something that I could fix at home (remember, I am the one who screwed it up) or should I take it to someone? Thanks.

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    Guess you've tried doing the exact opposite as you try to take it apart? Try rotating the takedown lever ever so slightly.

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    Guess you've tried doing the exact opposite as you try to take it apart? Try rotating the takedown lever ever so slightly.

It doesn't really want to rotate much either way. The slide will rack, but I know that it isn't on right. Here is a picture of what it is supposed to look like. Imagine it rotated 180 degrees so that it is pointing toward the muzzle.

walther-creed-2.jpg

Dsnyder

MDS Supporter
    Jun 23, 2015
    Baltimore
    I had a sorta,similar issue with a walther pk380. I ended up driving out the roll pins that hold inner metal assembly into the polymer housing of the lower. This let the slide and attached rails lift out. I dont know if this would be effective with your issue, but i hope it helps.

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    Thanks for the info. If I could find more detailed drawings of the parts, especially the take down lever, I would have a better shot and understanding how this thing works.

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    Woo Hoo!!! Managed to fix it myself with no more damage than a small scratch on the side of the receiver. I ended up putting a screwdriver under the end of the ever to give the tiny little bit of clearance it needed to be able to rotate fully downward. Once that was completed the slide could be removed and replaced and everything appears to be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom