• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bikerbankr

Mar 1, 2010
    Upperco, MD
    Carney

Britmore Court, unit block. Between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. Dec. 4. A .45-caliber Ruger SR 1911, an IBM laptop, a 20-inch Vizio television, a 32-inch Westinghouse television, an iPod, an XBox and a Playstation were stolen from a home—a total loss value of approximately $2,548. Burglars got inside by kicking open a basement door.

Yeah...that's me. Kicked in my door, ransacked the house. Dumped my desk drawers and found the spare key to my safe. SR1911 was on the top shelf on top of another handgun. Thankfully that was the only one they took but WHY THAT ONE?? :mad54:

That $2500 figure was a preliminary list. We were over $4500 at one point and hadn't yet completed the overall list.

Got a call last night from the detective handling it. They picked up two suspects and found some jewelry in their car. I was able to ID some of it as ours so they're being charged with our burglary and another. Hopefully they'll find Princess and all our other stuff at their home..

I did ask the detective if he could swing by and drop the two off at my house for a few hours before they processed them. Said I'd be happy to keep an eye on them. Didn't pan out though. :envy:

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    Carney

Britmore Court, unit block. Between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. Dec. 4. A .45-caliber Ruger SR 1911, an IBM laptop, a 20-inch Vizio television, a 32-inch Westinghouse television, an iPod, an XBox and a Playstation were stolen from a home—a total loss value of approximately $2,548. Burglars got inside by kicking open a basement door.

Yeah...that's me. Kicked in my door, ransacked the house. Dumped my desk drawers and found the spare key to my safe. SR1911 was on the top shelf on top of another handgun. Thankfully that was the only one they took but WHY THAT ONE?? :mad54:

That $2500 figure was a preliminary list. We were over $4500 at one point and hadn't yet completed the overall list.

Got a call last night from the detective handling it. They picked up two suspects and found some jewelry in their car. I was able to ID some of it as ours so they're being charged with our burglary and another. Hopefully they'll find Princess and all our other stuff at their home..

I did ask the detective if he could swing by and drop the two off at my house for a few hours before they processed them. Said I'd be happy to keep an eye on them. Didn't pan out though. :envy:

Damn man...that really sucks!!! Nothing makes me more pissed off than hearing something like this. I truly hope that you get all your stuff back. Time to reinforce all entry points in your house. Sorry to hear :sad20:

bikerbankr

Mar 1, 2010
    Upperco, MD
    I know right? And I've only had the SR to the range once.

We're looking into a security system now and I'm trying to figure out a way to secure the rear doors. I like the open-air look and feel of the french doors but they're clearly only for keeping out the cold. And they don't do a great job of that lol.

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    Sorry to hear. I know that feeling of "violation". I would be more than happy to help you "keep and eye on them" for a few hours. I live not far south of you and we had some break-ins a few months back.

bikerbankr

Mar 1, 2010
    Upperco, MD
    Out of curiosity do you have a dog?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Negative sir. Maybe I can borrow one of yours every now and then lol.

Seriously though, we've talked about a dog in the past but we like being able to disappear for a week without having to find someone to tend to a dog or kennel it. As much as I'd like having a dog around, a security system will probably fit us better.

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    Carney

Is your safe a cabinet that can be opened with just a key?

bikerbankr

Mar 1, 2010
    Upperco, MD
    Is your safe a cabinet that can be opened with just a key?

Yeah, it's one of those cheapo 8-gun cabinets from StackOn or something. Had it for years and I've been thinking I need to upgrade for years...just never acted on it.

Definitely looking into other options now. In the meantime, the spare key has a much more secure home.

Bohlieve410

Ultimate Member
    Feb 21, 2011
    Get a dog!! Someone will dogsit for you. Not a toy poodle or a chinese crested either. Belgian Shepherd Malinois oughta do the trick.

dfens42

Publius
    Jun 7, 2012
    Free America-WV Province
    Make a trip to Home Depot, they have some cheap stuff that you can do to secure sliding doors and french doors, at least make it less easy to get in. You can get a cheap security system for a couple hundred bucks that will include door and window sensors.

Devonian

Ultimate Member
    Apr 15, 2008
    I should have posted this here a long time ago... Last summer a guy was driving around parkville in a beat up early 90s Toyota corrolla or Camry with a lawn mower hanging from the trunk. My neighbor saw him steal a package off our front step. We called the police and they claimed to know who he was but I don't think they ever did anything other then file a report.
    The guy is early 40s white, 5'8", with scraggly dirty blonde hair

hooligan82

Ultimate Member
    Nov 2, 2011
    Baltimore county
    Negative sir. Maybe I can borrow one of yours every now and then lol.

Seriously though, we've talked about a dog in the past but we like being able to disappear for a week without having to find someone to tend to a dog or kennel it. As much as I'd like having a dog around, a security system will probably fit us better.

Lol. Come and get them. Just know they have a seemingly endless amount of energy.

It seems like a security system would be the best bet for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

45CalFan

Stop and Think
    Nov 27, 2012
    Upper Marlboro
    Sorry to hear about this. Glad you're ok - stuff can be replaced.

Maybe one of my big blue Great Danes would work as a nice deterrent. It makes you [re]evaluate your position when you get an eye-to-eye look at one through the door glass...

bikerbankr

Mar 1, 2010
    Upperco, MD
    Sorry to hear about this. Glad you're ok - stuff can be replaced.

Maybe one of my big blue Great Danes would work as a nice deterrent. It makes you [re]evaluate your position when you get an eye-to-eye look at one through the door glass...

Man that'd be great. I'd love a dog like that but then I'd have to get a backhoe for the poop...and I'm sure they aren't dainty eaters either!

coindad

Aug 7, 2011
    my car lot is in parkvlle have thieves all about drugs most of the time. sorry to hear about it. especially when they steal a gun they prob dont even know the first thing about using.. they took 1 gun because they were in a hurry hopefully they find it and your other stuff

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom