Annapolis 2/4/20 House Crime Plan Day (HB355/HB356/HB357/HB358)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    House Hearing

Bills (selected bills from the agenda):
    Hearing: Tue, Feb 4, 2020 1:00 pm
    Location: 1:00 PM - House Office Building, Room 100, Annapolis, MD
    Notes: Oral testimony will be limited to 3 minutes per person. Written testimony NEW POLICY (Requires 1 print copy & PDF on flash/thumb drive) only accepted on day of hearing between 9-12.

This is the Governor's 2020 Violent Crime Plan suite of bills. These are the types of bills that should be considered in the name of preventing violence.

For those of you who are able to testify, they've made this a fairly busy hearing day (11 bills). These bills are the last 4 on the committee's agenda schedule for 2/4. If you cannot stay for the hearing, please consider dropping off your written testimony from 9-12 before the hearing.

Also this day, there is HB323 Criminal Procedure - Petition to Modify or Reduce Sentence (Maryland Second Look Act) that provides a way to alter life sentences. It's a pretty complicated read. I'm not sure where I stand on it right now, but I'm currently thinking that if it got you a life sentence when you faced the judge, it probably should stay life.

UPDATE: Senate versions (SB272/SB273/SB271/SB268) are currently scheduled for hearing in Judicial Proceedings on Thu, 2/6 at 1pm.

Last edited:

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    UPDATE: Senate versions (SB272/SB273/SB271/SB268) are scheduled for hearing in Judicial Proceedings on Thu, 2/6 at 1pm.

jefflac02

Dec 28, 2016
    We as a community should be showing up in droves to support these bills. These are the types of action that do not violate our rights as law abiding citizens and yet will have an impact on lowering crime if these animals are behind bars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom