can anyone identify these pre flintlock rifles?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dbledoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 8, 2013
    Howard County
    They are wall decorations in an antique store in Qatar. I believe they are Ottoman. Not well preserved. The store owner said he can get more in good condition. The pistols are real too not reproductions. Sorry pictures are from my smartphone and I can't rotate them.

Attachments

• 20140106_192447.jpg
      20140106_192447.jpg
      59.7 KB · Views: 192
    • 20140106_192435.jpg
      20140106_192435.jpg
      102.3 KB · Views: 179

PGTMG

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2010
    The muskets are Indian match locks. Pistols looks like Indian knock offs as well but need better pictures to be sure.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Id check really closely for authenticity with a good knowledgable collector. There is a lot of fake stuff or low-grade stuff "jazzed" up popping up on the market.

Ive studied this stuff off and on but cant really see closely enough to tell.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Someone can correct me if I"m wrong but trading is like a badge of honor down there. There are some things they do that are not like what we do here. In some countries it's considered a big deal to be able to rip someone off if they are not related to you. But to rip someone off who is related to you or related to a friend is dishonorable. Don't believe word one of what they say. There's a lot of sand and hot sun to roll things around in to make them look old. Some of the stuff down there has alot of craftsmanship in them. Even if they are reproductions would make good wall hangers, but I"d be buying them and valuating them as fakes from the start unless you have a very trustworthy source.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom