Am I the only one who feels more ill the closer we get to 10/1?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Nobody even read the bill. We did not bring up hbars during the debate, we did not ask the question till after it passed. A rare moment truely.. :)

Of course with out your insight none of us would know that they intend to ty again. :)

What is that sensation???

A gentle stabbing between the 3rd and 4th rib???

I've often heard that an enemy comes with a smile on his face. :)

marte616

God bless America...
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 15, 2008
    Occupied Territory

HoCoShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2009
    Howard County
    I think the worst for me this year was during the hearings, when Smigiels amendment to not give early release to gun offenders passed. When Vallario realized the amendment passed, he called a quick meeting then revoted it down.

That was the point where it clicked for me how truly corrupt our State government was and I felt truly sick in my stomach.

Until we get these aholes out of office, they'll continue passing whatever they want.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    I think the worst for me this year was during the hearings, when Smigiels amendment to not give early release to gun offenders passed. When Vallario realized the amendment passed, he called a quick meeting then revoted it down.

That was the point where it clicked for me how truly corrupt our State government was and I felt truly sick in my stomach.

Until we get these aholes out of office, they'll continue passing whatever they want.

Yep, I remember that moment and had the exact same feeling. It was 3/29/13. Saw the truth that day. Took 5 days for me to process it and when the final vote came down, there was no choice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWSx0bBiNIs&feature=youtube_gdata_player

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I've been in a funk lately only to come to the realization that come October 1, the few freedoms that we enjoy in Maryland will be abbreviated even further.

Moving is not an option for me and my family right now so I think that's the biggest downer about the whole situation. I've been a firearms owner for the past 17 years and this is the first time that I really feel absolutely powerless as to whether I will be able to remain a firearms owner.

Sheeple ask me why I'm so passionate about the 2nd amendment and I tell them that without it, we won't be able to protect the other amendments. What really grinds my gears is when I hear people say that only police should have guns. (makes me want to slap them back in time to the days of slavery when blacks weren't even allowed to own guns so they can experience that first hand). I usually just tell them that there is always free cheese in a mousetrap.

I would love to hit the powermillions or megaball or the Sweepstakes and pack up and leave this state but who among us here wouldn't? And especially after having witnessed firsthand the obvious trampling of our rights by the "leaders" who care nothing about safety but are in it for the control.

I don't really have a point to make other than I am saddened by the whole situation and by the number of people who drink the liberal Kool-Aid without batting an eye :sad20: so please forgive my miscellaneous ramblings and for "preachin' to the choir" but I just had to get this off my chest. I wish this was a bad dream that I could wake up from.

I thank you all for letting me share.

While you are right its depressing, it takes a crisis to shake people out of their complacency (guilty as charged myself) who thought gun control died when Al Gore lost Tennessee.

Now that 2 CO senators have been recalled, proving that this time is NOT different for the gun prohibitionists, I am stocking up on popcorn and beer because the silly campaign season should be fun.

What's the over/under on the number of I-was-for-it-before-I-was-against-it democrats who come out against O'Malley, the gas tax, the rain tax, and gun control as "we went too far." The whole premise was the we were a minority and Newton changed the equation. oops. Miller already staked out a position against fingerprinting in SB281 and then voted anyway because...?

Plus the lawsuits. I think that there are a lot of Dems secretly hoping the court invalidates the law to take the issue off the table in 2014. Nothing would surprise me, it would not even shock me to hear Doogie or Lt Gov Invisible say what the Dems in IL said: yeah, other states have shall-issue concealed carry, its not a big deal.

So, while I totally share your depression, just make sure you are registered to vote, and vote in the primaries.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan

You and me both, Brother. You and me both.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    It sickens me because, unfortunately, I am not in a place financially to buy all that I want and now I will be stuck as long as I live in MD. Gas tax, income tax, rain tax, tolls and other increases have taken its toll and left me wanting in many ways.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County

I agree. Ironically there is some city of Baltimore gov't website claiming that preventing early release of such offenders would have a major impact on reducing "gun violence" (their words, not mine). IIRC, 70% of crimes committed with a firearm in Baltimore are by repeat offenders.

Kagetsu

Feb 4, 2009
    tvblogshock.png

It's a really weird feeling. Since the law didn't go Federal and has not slammed shut as fast as it clearly was planned. I've bought more guns and mags than I would have. I think I'm secure and still looking to a future where "reasonable persons" can get this overturned. I'm more concerned about some things I read of Oct 01 also being a ready date for both FEMA and Homeland Security. I am not ready for a Y2K, but am increasingly feeling that I better be.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    If I had more funds, I'd be buying more goodies, but O'Malley has made me buy the guns I had planned on taking at least 5 years to acquire. I look forward to the laws taking effect, but only because of the whoopin's approaching via lawsuit. I am confident the laws will get struck down, in time. Its unfortunate for sure, but this whole mess has made a lot of patriots come forward.

Sent from my hacked mobile device of destiny.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013

I was at the hearing when that happened, and was one of those who left in protest. Before those hearings, I had no idea who Vallario was. It's obvious that he's a kingpin in the corrupt plutocracy of Maryland politics, truly an embarrassment to the state's citizens. Smigiel's amendment was such a good idea, it accidentally passed during a brief, passing moment of lucidity and common sense. Vallario fixed that.

Rapture

Total Loser
    Jun 5, 2013
    In the woods
    Gas tax, income tax, rain tax, tolls and other increases have taken its toll and left me wanting in many ways.

Don't forget crime, traffic, property taxes, etc. For me, SB281 aside, it's just going to get worse from a tax perspective. In all honesty, I don't understand how people can afford to live in this State even if they wanted to.

Feb 28, 2013
    I was talking to a fellow gun owner about Oct 1 a month ago and he said that since he only shoots rifle so this won't affect him and he is OK. It is those type of people that make me more upset than anything.
    Gotta love fudds.

"Oh, it doesn't affect mine so I don't care.":sad20:

It sucks for me because all I wanted was a AR 15 before there banned and now I won't be able to get it for lack of cash at the moment. So I got the blues. But I'll just move on to whatever I can buy without being printed or taking training courses smh.

If the colt AR 15 HBAR is goina be available then whAt the hell ??? I am beyond confused it looks just like any other AR just about and it shoots .223 but it has a heavier barrell? So they banned some AR 15s and not others? This is the dumbest state leadership I've heard of. Guess I'll be getting me a colt sported aslong as I don't need to get printed.

I bought this....

http://clydearmory.com/bushmaster-a3-11-5-barrel-5-5-mizzle-break-5-56mm.html

...and had it shipped to A1Uniforms. They let it go as an HBAR. I didn't think it was. :D
    I've often heard that an enemy comes with a smile on his face. :)

Well, even snakes smile before they bite you.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I agree. Ironically there is some city of Baltimore gov't website claiming that preventing early release of such offenders would have a major impact on reducing "gun violence" (their words, not mine). IIRC, 70% of crimes committed with a firearm in Baltimore are by repeat offenders.

if you have link to this I'd LOVE to see it.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    On my phone, so not sure if this was the one (or a blog page with additional info linked here) ...

http://www.baltimorecity.gov/Residents/HealthSafety/SaferCity/GunStatistics.aspx

They seemed to argue that early release led to more firearm crime, yet the Dem led assembly didn't want to infringe on the rights of these fine, upstanding citizens.

Why do they have everybody calling it, "early release"? Isn't it just "on time release"? What's early about it? Another leftist distortion of the truth?

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Why do they have everybody calling it, "early release"? Isn't it just "on time release"? What's early about it? Another leftist distortion of the truth?

In this case it is in fact "early release". This is about criminals being released from prison without serving their entire sentence.

Remember that Smigiel amendment? Well they are complaining now about the recidivism rate for early release prisoners. Now that takes nerve after what happened last session.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom