• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Loken

Jul 3, 2020
    I know you aren't among us MD residents anymore but who should I send the notification to? MSP or the baltimore county police chief?

There’s also the Baltimore County Sheriff, which is who I’d send it to if you’re in BalCo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    And here I am, sent form 4 the same day or so, and my paperwork haven’t even been assigned to an examiner.

Excuse me while I go **** myself.

Now I get to eat my own words...

Form 4 trust, dead air wolfman

Atf Received paperwork 8–4-2020

Approved 1-6-2021

Stamp arrived 1-11-2021

Just over 5 months total

Crazy how this could go from not even being assigned to stamp in hand in like 3 weeks.

What’s even more crazy is how it took 4.5 months just to get through a few week process after it started.

sickpuppyz

your mom sends me care packages
    Jun 14, 2020
    MoCo
    you'd think that for the $200 you spend on every stamp they could afford to hire more people. If the wait times were reduced to under 3 months even more people would buy thus ensuring the stamp fees keep coming.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    you'd think that for the $200 you spend on every stamp they could afford to hire more people. If the wait times were reduced to under 3 months even more people would buy thus ensuring the stamp fees keep coming.

Early on last year the ATF did hire on a number of new examiners. Not sure that the tax stamp money actually goes to the ATF coffers. In a lot of cases, the fees that an agency receives for work go to the treasury. Not to the agency themselves.

So it is still going to be on Congress to appropriate more money for a larger budget. Three ways to improve it

Lobby congress to change the National Firearms Act.

Lobby Congress to appropriate more money for the ATF and earmark it for examinations to improve processing time.

Lobby Congress to appropriate more money for the ATF to improve or design a more robust system for electronic form 4s.

*edit* Oh, or I guess a 4th option, which would be to lobby Congress to make NFA taxes remit to the ATF and require the ATF to use all NFA taxes to support examinations through salaries and/or support systems.

PS No idea what the heck grade level an ATF examiner is, but assuming a GS11 step 5 on average, that is around $80k a year pay and benefits in the Martinsburg area IIRC (I don't have OPM's salary tables open to check right now and I am lazy). So, yes, I'd think they'd be self funding if they did option 4. That is only about 2 examinations a day they'd need to complete to be self funding.

Dovk0802

Sep 20, 2017
    DC
    Form 4 to a single member trust, submitted 7/14/20, cashed 8/11/20, received 1/22/21: total 191 days. A little better than average considering the times.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Form 4 to a single member trust, submitted 7/14/20, cashed 8/11/20, received 1/22/21: total 191 days. A little better than average considering the times.

Oh, maybe only another 3 months or so for me then. Maybe halfway there?

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    eForm noobie question - when the approval arrives by email, is that all there is? Do I download it and make copies as needed from that eMail or is a "hard copy" with the signed stamp also sent via snail mail?

Oneqwickr6

Feb 8, 2013
    eForm noobie question - when the approval arrives by email, is that all there is? Do I download it and make copies as needed from that eMail or is a "hard copy" with the signed stamp also sent via snail mail?

The email is all you get print as many copies as you want. Nothing comes in the mail

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom