• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • winch

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2011
    Towson
    Hey Kids
    I’m gonna testify Monday and maybe Wednesday. I plan to park at the stadium and catch a shuttle. What time should I arrive and what time will I get out of there? If it goes late will the shuttle still be running? Probably going business casual.

Can you read your testimony or at least have notes?

Any other tips??

Signed
    Outraged In Towson

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Monday? Get there as early as possible. I expect that anyone arriving after 0830 won't be able to testify.

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    Monday hearing in the House starts at 10. Need to register by 9. Park at the stadium ($5), take the shuttle ($2) or walk.

Have a list of the bills on which you want to testify. Registration is by wall mounted screen.

Have some notes on what you want to say. Use statistics or make it very personal. Try not to read it. Listen to a few folks. It's pretty easy.

In previous years, Del Vallario would just invite anyone who was for, then against. We are not sure how the new leadership will work; free form or by name.

Assumption is that the hearing will conclude by 8 so they can make the evening session. But with them not hearing what we want to say, who knows?

See you there.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Hey Kids
    I’m gonna testify Monday and maybe Wednesday. I plan to park at the stadium and catch a shuttle. What time should I arrive and what time will I get out of there? If it goes late will the shuttle still be running? Probably going business casual.

Can you read your testimony or at least have notes?

Any other tips??

Signed
    Outraged In Towson

You can absolutely read from notes, just don't read your testimony verbatum. My biggest piece of advise would be to pay attention to what is being said by everyone ahead of you from both sides and take notes. Use those notes to refine your testimony. Make it personal. make it about you and your family.

The 2nd best thing I can tell you is don't be afraid to walk up to any of us and ask questions.

See you on the 25th.

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    I do note that new chair not a sponsor or cosponsor on any bad firearms bills. Maybe that's a good sign.

I should be there on the 25th. Can't make the 27th.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I do note that new chair not a sponsor or cosponsor on any bad firearms bills. Maybe that's a good sign.

I should be there on the 25th. Can't make the 27th.

Very rarely if ever has the Chair of Judiciary been a sponsor of any of the bills appearing in front of his committee. With that said, do not be fooled, Delegate Clipinger is much further to the left than Chairman Vallario ever was.

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    Very rarely if ever has the Chair of Judiciary been a sponsor of any of the bills appearing in front of his committee. With that said, do not be fooled, Delegate Clipinger is much further to the left than Chairman Vallario ever was.
    Ok understood. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom