• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I have a G17 Law enforcement trade in I got from Lou45
    After first shooting it, I got the aftermarket trigger spring thing to lighten it.
    I have not yet installed it and think I won't.
    I began to shoot it more to the point that I'm used to it and my groups are pretty decent. I'm not going to go to any contests with it and that was not its purpose to me. Mine is for home defense. I shoot it at the range to get better with it.

My friend has a sig and it has a lighter crisper 2nd stage than the Glock. I get tighter groups with it, but I don't think I'd choose it for self defense. First stage just seems to long and quickly pulling the trigger w/ the finger off the trigger is not as natural to me as the Glock.

I just don't feel the glock is a "range gun" or "target gun". I don't think it was designed to be so.

My dad has an SR1911 and I agree Glock is not an SR1911. I have enough pistols in my collection that each one has its characteristics and to shoot one better than the other, you need time on them.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Get a grip brother. Literally. ;) this will solve your muzzle flip and help minimize movement of the sights as you press the trigger.

That was a very helpful video. Thanks.

The second one was a very helpful video... :thumbsup:

The first COULD have been much more helpful if not for the damned Dremel tool in the background that pretty much drowned out any effectiveness that could have been heard as he talked. :tdown:

AlanInSilverSpring

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 25, 2017
    Get a grip brother. Literally. ;) this will solve your muzzle flip and help minimize movement of the sights as you press the trigger.

Thanks BigT. I've worked hard on getting a smooth trigger pull but still shoot a little low/left. Was told it was likely because of too much pressure with right hand. Hopefully this will help

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    Glocks aren't target guns. Bullsh1t. Glocks still rule IDPA SSP and the USPSA entry divisions. Your average Glock will hold a 2-3" group at 25 yards with quality ammo.
    Glock triggers don't get lighter, sort of. Yes your muscles get stronger and yes machining variances get smoothed with use but RoadDawg checked out my carry G17. Bone stock just shot a LOT. (Buying ammo at cost helps a lot) He asked if it was a 3 pound trigger.

Glocks aren't match grade guns but they're perfectly serviceable for 80% of shooters. You can outshoot a Glock and that's where aftermarket parts like improved barrels, slides, and trigger parts come into play.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Several months ago I bought my first Glock (G41)..few weeks back I got to take her out and ran about 100 rounds down range. Will the trigger get any lighter on its own with more usage? Anyone own a G41 who thinks the muzzle flip is crazy?...could be just me as IM use to my SR1911..
    Heading back to Western MD the end of the week where I'll have a few weeks to shoot the snot out of her and hope I'll leave there feeling better about my G41.
    I carried a gen3 Glock 19 in combat and own an early gen4 g19 and a G34MOS. I like Glocks, but they don't have a 1911 quality trigger and they do recoil a lot more than a weapon that weighs most of a pound more. Glocks are pretty middle of the road in terms of trigger pull even by polymer frame handgun standards. Decent enough to get the job done, but there's definitely room for improvement.

On the Glock 19, I installed a ghost ultimate 3.5lb trigger connector and did the 25 cent polish job with Fitz and qtips. Overall trigger pull is now at around 4-4.5lbs, which is my preference. On the Glock 34 I believe I left the factory installed minus connector and did the same 25 cent polish job, but used a Dremel on low speed with a buffing attachment on most areas. Had water nearby just in case the metal heated up but I didn't end up needing it. I used a qtip on the key areas where you need to be precise with your polishing. You really aren't removing much material either way. I have enough rounds through the g19 that I actually wore out the recoil spring and had to replace it. Well north of 10k rounds at this point. The G34 I've only had a year so it has about 2000 rounds through it. Minus the worn out recoil spring in the g19, neither one has ever had a single malfunction. I would trust either pistol with my life, and in fact do keep the G34 as my nightstand gun, and carry the g19 in more free states.

That said, amateur gunsmithing isn't for everyone. If the idea of polishing your trigger makes you squeamish (I don't blame anyone for feeling that way at all), you still have excellent options: Glocks are great shooters once you learn to use the reset properly and modify your grip to account for the low bore axis, so the stock trigger isn't going to keep most people from shooting to their potential. Alternatively, there are almost too many options for great aftermarket triggers. Have a competent gunsmith install whichever one you decide to go with. Alternatively you can give up on the Glock brand Glock and buy a different brand Glock with a better trigger.

Regardless, I think we can all agree that shooting is a lot of fun.

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    The easiest way to get rid of that trigger and flip is to get rid of the Glock...never found one reason to own one, nary a one. With a billZillion choices available, the question remains WHY?

Leave that G41 out there in the weeds of western MD is the best advice you'll get here today.

ROTC...Indiana State Teachers College, Indiana Pa (now IUP) 59-63...Fort Knox 63...Fort Benning 63...Korea 64 (Plt Ldr, Davy Crockett (small nuke system) Sec Ldr, 7th Inf Div)...Fort Jackson 65 (Aide to BG Jefferson Irvin, Dep Cdr)...Fort Rucker 65-66 (initial FW flight rating)...Vietnam 66-67... Fort Stewart 67-69 (FW flight instructor)...Fort Rucker 69 (rotor head transition enroute to flight tour #2 at good ole Saigon and Long Thanh North)...Vietnam 69-70...Fort Benning 70-71...Fort Rucker 71-74...Germany 74-77 (Bde S1, 8th Inf Div)...Fort Meade 77-84 (First Army & 902d MI Group). Finally, retirement...1 June 1984.

I had a busy, colorful, fulfilling and at times challenging 21 years of active duty...and I would not repeat it! Never ever....

Lew--Ranger63
    Infantry, Airborne, Ranger, Expert Infantryman's Badge, Dual Rated Senior Army Aviator...Survivor!

OP, if ya decide to follow the advice quoted in bold, send me the coordinates so I can properly dispose of it for ya:cool:

Laddertowr

trigger puller
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 3, 2013
    Guys thanks for all your comments….Spent 3 weeks up in Western MD and shot some 400 plus rounds using the G41…Did I get her figured out? Dang straight.. I sure did.. between your comments and the video’s it all came together for me….Now here’s what your replies made me do today…
    From one of our IP’s I bought a Gen 4 G17 and a used Gen 3 G21….now I have to wait till the 13th to bring these puppies home..

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Guys thanks for all your comments….Spent 3 weeks up in Western MD and shot some 400 plus rounds using the G41…Did I get her figured out? Dang straight.. I sure did.. between your comments and the video’s it all came together for me….Now here’s what your replies made me do today…
    From one of our IP’s I bought a Gen 4 G17 and a used Gen 3 G21….now I have to wait till the 13th to bring these puppies home..

:thumbsup: Glock fever?

I recently cut the "M" extra back straps (Gen 4) in half therefore removing part of the "Glock Hump" this made a world of difference in the initial grasp, for my size hand. I was normally grabbing it, adjust it then pew pew pew, adjust, pew pew pew Now ... grab pew pew pew pew pew pew pew...

I shot a 1911 for the first time this weekend ... Dan Wesson 9mm and I got right up to speed immediately! Friend said I did not miss anything, but I know my miss and why. So ... I might be buying an all steel gun :)

Hope you had fun out West, the weather had to be great, besides the rain.

Laddertowr

trigger puller
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 3, 2013
    IronPony

I got a ton of stuff done... except I have yet to make it up the mountain and clear that part of my range up....I did aquire another wheeled weedwacker..older then the one I got from yer dad.....Should be heading back up around the 20th.... The invite is still open

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Who is the lucky IP?

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    None of my Glock triggers have ever gotten lighter through shooting (at least, that I could discern). When I was a new gun owner, I did not oil my connector on my Glock (because i didn't know better) and probably fired a few thousand rounds through it, as well as some dry fire. Once I added a couple drops of light grease, it did feel a little lighter, but that is because it was bone dry. Even then, it was a tiny, tiny difference.

Rob1035

Jan 17, 2013
    Maryland
    Correct, the trigger won't get much, if any, lighter through use. It will get smoother though, as the internal parts wear together. The "$.25 trigger job" is just doing the same thing without the cost of a couple of cases of ammo. I run a factory minus connector, and that's all, and never had an instance shooting where I thought the trigger was holding me back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom