• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Laddertowr

trigger puller
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 3, 2013
    Don't get me wrong I love this pistol... Every since my first shot with Surplus ammo I've had nothing but issues...which I posted about a few months back. I had been running the pistol with the safety removed and it ran just fine. was going through safe last night and decided I'd try to figure out why with the safety in place and in the fire position ,, the trigger wasn't pulling back far enough to make the pistol discharge...

You may already know this : On top the trigger assembly and out of sight unless you remove the trigger from the frame is a small TIT. Depending on the position of the safety... it will either strike the safety and keep it from pulling back enough to fire or it will travel just under the safety allowing for weapon discharge. I found that mine no matter the position and making sure the safety was turning while in the frame was being held back by the safety. For those who own a Romanian TT 33 and has removed and re-installed the safety knows there's only so much travel for the Pin from the safety to travel in. After determining mine was making the full trip within its confines yet the TIT was still not clearing the slot in the Safety while in the fire position. I decided to do this.

1) Remove the trigger & the safety
    2) Filed the Tit down just a tad
    3) Filed on the FLAT cut out on the safety where the tit should travel under while in the fire mode

After filing a little I'd re-installed the trigger and the safety and would check it for proper operation I ended up having to file several times but it finally worked. Of course I ended up fine tuning it...And I'm very happy with the way it works. No play and I'm not worried about the safety traveling on it's own.

yeah I know this thread is useless with out pics :innocent0... If I get enough request I'll break her down and post some pics.

AC MkIII

Feb 18, 2011
    Calvert
    A video would be better than pictures.
    It is a shame they put those safeties on when importing them. They have a factory safety. Half-cock the hammer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom