• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    I was in today at lunch time to do some paperwork on my new M1A. For me, it was just a long lunch in support of my hobby. For Duffy's, it's their passion. (This was my third visit to their shop.)

This shop is so awesome. Cool doesn't begin to describe them. You don't just get some service with a smile and a handshake. You get full interaction. You get the benefit of some of their knowledge and experience if you're willing to ask or just stick around and listen. Me, I'm more of the listening type.

For example, today I listened to them answer another customer's question for recommendations about his upcoming African hunting trip. I had my own ideas about the right candidates for the trip, but when I heard Vince's answer, I saw his wisdom.

These guys are the real deal. When was the last time you had a story or two to tell your friends/family after a casual/routine visit to a gun shop? Well, I did today. You need to visit Duffy's ASAP!

You WON'T be disappointed.

P.S. Thanks Vince! I'm working on my new Oct 1 "list".

Kevin

Manager at Duffy's
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2013
    Sparks, MD
    I was in today at lunch time to do some paperwork on my new M1A. For me, it was just a long lunch in support of my hobby. For Duffy's, it's their passion.

Thank you so much. Yesterday was one of the busiest days at the shop.

A few people had a long wait while everyone before them was being helped but everyone seemed to understand and were really cool about it. Somehow we magically got the last customers wrapped up right before close at 7pm and then we all hung around for a few hours longer to go through inventory and put more guns out and get things ready for today.

We'll have plenty of time to rest come October.

MD Shooters has brought us some really great folks in the shop and you and the others have left some really awesome feedback. We value your feedback positive and (if need be) critical. At the end of the day, we want to make this a great place to come to and buy guns and ammo.

Lemon328i

Mar 21, 2010
    I stopped in today based solely on the feedback on MDS and was deeply impressed! Last time I shopped here was more than a decade ago, only because it a "little" out of the way (40+ miles). Absolutely worth the drive! While I've had great success working with a "transfers only" FFL, Duffy's is several cuts above the other stocking FFL's anywhere within 100 miles. They have an awesome selection and fast, efficient service that comes with smiles, friendly conversation and deep knowledge of firearms. I had only intended to pop by and look around, but was so impressed that I bought an HK 45C on a whim.

I'm looking forward to frequent visits, driving through the winding roads of northern MD and signing over a portion of my paychecks to help them weather Maryland's "leaders" witch hunt/jihad/persecution/discrimination against lawful firearms owners.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    That's exactly what I'm talking about!

Duffy's is THE place. They have a fantastic selection. They are passionate about guns. They have a depth of knowledge, experience, and historical (plus political) perspective. Their politics match mine on 2A...no question. A no-brainer for MDS folks.

I guess the only thing they don't do is give you money on your way out the door. I'm okay with that. We have an arrangement in the opposite direction. :-)

Feb 28, 2013
    It's worth the trip just to look at all the old REAL "assault weapons".

There are so many firearms that I have always wanted there and a few that didn't know I wanted.

Last time I was there I was real busy admiring the two M-60's that were on the counter.:cool::drool:

ItsGarand

-> TEUFELSBERG <-
    May 28, 2008
    Annapolis, MD
    "They have an awesome selection and fast, efficient service that comes with smiles, friendly conversation and deep knowledge of firearms."

Exactly! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Honest to god, first gun shop I have been in that the people behind the counter actually smiled, took the time to listen, and chat back.

I always felt that gun shops should kind of be like old time barbershops. Go in, buy what you need, have a relaxed conversation, pick the brains of those that know, and go home happy.

Yea, those guys are pretty cool. A lot of knowledge in that shop.

dav1d

Jan 20, 2013
    sounds like a good shop. don't know where sparks, md is tho. too bad I am not near there. altho, i think most shops are pretty good. most gun ppl are.

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    which is just west of 81 at Hunt Valley on Butler Road. Head west for a mile or two and turn north on Falls road. once you are thru butler, it isn't far - look for the large Deuce and Half which has been sitting on the curb everytime I've been there...

Great place to shop - nice folks - they LISTEN -- and they have quite the selection and inbound supply of pistols/rifles/magazines to keep the shelves stocked.

I went there looking for a Ruger 22/45 and before I knew it, I also had my first 1911. First time I had ever bought 2 pistols in the same day.

Thanks gang!

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    I fully agree. Despite being jam packed with customers the last few times I've been there, I was greeted with a handshake and a warm welcome every time:thumbsup:

Sig sickness

Aug 27, 2013
    I read about duffy's here on MD shooters. After meeting vince and kevin I was sold on this is the place to get cool toys. They know their product line and have everything cool you need in stock. So far every time I have been there vince hasn't let me out the door unless I have spent at least $1800. :eek: And crap I am going there again this weekend. :rolleyes:

Lemon328i

Mar 21, 2010
    Another pleasant experience at Duffy's! Picked up my HK45C this morning and it was a smooth transaction. I definitely got the sense that the young man who handled my paperwork needed some morning coffee though.

FYI, the HK lockout device (there is definitely one in the HK45C) is a MD approved internal lock (https://www.mdsp.org/LinkClick.aspxfileticket=V_PGC6u4JPk=&tabid=509&mid=1215). This is not the ubiquitous cable lock, but rather a small part inside the back of the magwell that freezes the mainspring - very similar to Ruger, Taurus and Springfield. I'll bring the Omega lock back to you all either tomorrow or Thursday afternoon. That will be a good excuse to see what new items have come in and to stock up on ammo!

TheDevilHimself

, Duffy's Gun Room
    Industry Partner
    Jul 15, 2011
    Sparks, MD
    Another pleasant experience at Duffy's! Picked up my HK45C this morning and it was a smooth transaction. I definitely got the sense that the young man who handled my paperwork needed some morning coffee though.

FYI, the HK lockout device (there is definitely one in the HK45C) is a MD approved internal lock (https://www.mdsp.org/LinkClick.aspxfileticket=V_PGC6u4JPk=&tabid=509&mid=1215). This is not the ubiquitous cable lock, but rather a small part inside the back of the magwell that freezes the mainspring - very similar to Ruger, Taurus and Springfield. I'll bring the Omega lock back to you all either tomorrow or Thursday afternoon. That will be a good excuse to see what new items have come in and to stock up on ammo!

Damn, that one must have slipped by me. Thanks for the heads up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom