Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    i think you got a used gun.:rolleyes:

BigRick

Hooligan #15
    Aug 7, 2012
    Southern Maryland
    I bought a "NEW" gun at The Tackle Box once and after I got it home and the excitement wore off I noticed it was not so new. It was really really dirty. When I called them they told me all gun sales were final and I should have done a better job looking at it before I bought it. Live and learn. I've haven't been back and will never go back to them again.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    LOL That is some serious nonsense, that's quite a few rounds of ammo put through it.

Like buying a new car with 3,500 miles. The Sales manager used it for a month for personal business, but here, you can clean it up and do all the maintenance on it.

bikerbankr

Mar 1, 2010
    Upperco, MD
    It made me feel a little better that the other "new" one they had in stock looked identical to the one I bought. What are the odds that both of them have been test driven? This will, however, be the last time I take a "new" gun for granted and don't field strip it before I purchase. Lesson learned.

On to the range report! Put 200 rounds through her Saturday night and I have to say, I'm extremely happy with the way she handles. This is my first 1911 so that may not carry as much weight as the review of a seasoned 1911 shooter but WOW this is a great feeling gun. While we didn't measure the groups due to the excitement, my buddy and I were both shooting very well. At 15yds, all hits were 10-ring with many touching each other. It got a little sketchy at 25 but hey, for my first time out with her, I felt pretty good. Next trip I'll be sure to get pics.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Ruger factory fires their handguns and provides spent shell casings. Since this 1911 is currently Ruger's showpiece, maybe they put one magazine downrange to verify functionality/operation before it went out the door. It wouldn't/doesn't bother me. Enjoy it. You got yourself a beautiful pistol that should last a lifetime.

lkenefic

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    This piece has definitely been shot more than a couple of times for Quality Control and to provide a spent shell casing. Every new gun I've ever purchased looked like the Dan Wesson that Intercooler posted (nice piece BTW). It's tough to tell whether or not it's had a few more rounds through it, or a few more boxes of rounds through it... regardless, it should have at least been cleaned before letting it out the door.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    bikerbankr, how did it look after you put 200 rounds through it? Was it dirtier, cleaner, or about the same as when you bought it? That should tell you something right there. By the way, nice gun. I have been lusting for one of them for a long time now.

bikerbankr

Mar 1, 2010
    Upperco, MD
    bikerbankr, how did it look after you put 200 rounds through it? Was it dirtier, cleaner, or about the same as when you bought it? That should tell you something right there. By the way, nice gun. I have been lusting for one of them for a long time now.

Overall, much dirtier. There was a lot more residue in and around the chamber. I haven't cleaned her up yet so I'll take some pics tomorrow for you guys to review. :)

I've heard you tend to get a case of the sticky-fingers whenever there's an SR1911 around. If I ever make it out to a Hooligan day, I'll be sure to keep an eye on ya. :p

-Mike

Andronitis

Jul 19, 2011
    Rockville, MD
    Some factories fire more then just one or two rounds. Additionally being a 1911 if there was any kind of fitting issue it would have been sent back reworked and then more rounds fired.

Having seen hundreds of new guns that are shipped dirty I can say that it is not like a factory or an IP to clean a new gun.

So, with out speaking for the store that the OP bought this from, stop suggesting that the new gun that was sold as used.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom