• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    CCRKBA-CT wants to raise CCW permit fees 400%

Gee, mine was one of the most expensive ones I have @ around 135 bucks. now 400% more?

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]​

[FONT=&quot]CCRKBA: Connecticut Gov. Malloy Wants To Reduce Deficit On Backs Of Gun Owners

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]BELLEVUE, WA – Anti-gun Connecticut Gov. Dannel Malloy is trying to solve his state’s $3.6 billion budget deficit by forcing the state’s gun owners to empty their wallets in order to exercise a constitutional right, the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms said today.

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Malloy is proposing an increase on the cost of the state’s portion of the pistol permit more than 400 percent, from $70 to $300, according to the New Haven Register. With the $70 local fee, that brings the cost to $370. Five-year renewal fees would rise to $300.

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]“This is an outrage,” CCRKBA Chairman Alan Gottlieb declared. “Malloy hates guns and the people who own them, and now he’s essentially trying to rob them blind to help make up for his own fiscal failure as the state’s chief executive. That’s not simply disgusting, it’s despicable.”

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]The newspaper report also said Malloy wants to raise the background check fee from $50 to $75, a 50-percent increase. It is estimated that these fee hikes would raise $11.6 million, including $2.6 million for just the background check fee hike.

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]“Governor Malloy obviously thinks it is okay to levy an outrageous fee hike on the exercise of a civil right,” Gottlieb observed. “How ironic that Connecticut is known as the Constitution State. The result of this will be a financial burden on the poor and middle-class gun owners. Evidently Malloy thinks gun ownership is a privilege reserved only for the wealthy because with this budget proposal, it is clear that he is trying to make lawful gun ownership beyond the reach of average wage earners.

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]“These proposed fee hikes are the equivalent of a poll tax,” he added. “Malloy apparently thinks this is acceptable because it penalizes something he doesn’t like, but it doesn’t pass the smell test. Connecticut gun owners are justifiably alarmed if not downright furious. It’s no wonder why there are now 31 Republican governors and only 18 Democrat governors with Malloy as chairman of the Democratic Governors Association.”[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]With more than 650,000 members and supporters nationwide, the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms is one of the nation’s premier gun rights organizations. As a non-profit organization, the Citizens Committee is dedicated to preserving firearms freedoms through active lobbying of elected officials and facilitating grass-roots organization of gun rights activists in local communities throughout the United States. The Citizens Committee can be reached by phone at (425) 454-4911, on the Internet at www.ccrkba.org or by email to InformationRequest@ccrkba.org.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]​
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]​
    <Please e-mail, distribute, and circulate to friends and family>​
    Copyright © 2017 Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, All Rights Reserved.​
    [FONT=&quot]Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
    James Madison Building
    12500 N.E. Tenth Place
    Bellevue, WA 98005[/FONT]​

[FONT=&quot]Voice: 425-454-4911
    Toll Free: 800-426-4302
    FAX: 425-451-3959
    Email: InformationRequest@ccrkba.org[/FONT]​

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    If the current National reciprocity bill passes as is, say goodbye to the CT permit. They'll just go get NH or another permit instead.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I will be in that group. As well as telling MD to KMA.

I'll carry on my NH permit.

No, training, no picture, no prints.

OMG. The humanity.

molonlabe

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2005
    Mountaineer Country, WV
    That's Racist.
    I'm using that every chance I get. A liberal friend called Trumps HUD selection a game show host???????
    Yes, Dr. Carson. The empty space in their head boggles the mind.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    That's Racist.
    I'm using that every chance I get. A liberal friend called Trumps HUD selection a game show host???????
    Yes, Dr. Carson. The empty space in their head boggles the mind.

I'll take HUD Secretaries for $1M, Akex ...

"What JHH Pediatric Neurosurgeon needed a CCW permit due to the location of where he worked ?"

Attachments

• Baltimore Homocide.JPG
      Baltimore Homocide.JPG
      61.4 KB · Views: 353

Rob00taws6

Apr 4, 2013
    Funny thing, I use to live in Connecticut. I have a lot of good friends up there, and yes their gun laws a absolutely out of control. But, at least I could get a carry permit in CT... In Maryland I have a better chance of becoming Pope than getting approved for a W&C permit. I would pay $300 for a MD permit and a left testicle, and I'm a broke college student. It's outrageous, but the option is there. I guess what I'm trying to say is up there, money trumps ideology. It's actually quite funny no one pays attention to those clowns in Hartford, it's a banana Republic. In Maryland, we're so close to DC the state gov. could afford to loose a few taxpayers ie. Beretta.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I have a CT NR CCW. I doubt very seriously I will renew if it's 300 dollars. Definitely will not if National Reciprocity becomes a reality.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    If it does get passed I hope they decide to sue in state court, as the CT supremes have put out some good opinions recently.

Rob00taws6

Apr 4, 2013
    I said before that at least Connecticut has a carry permit program. They will typically approve a permit for a law abiding citizen. I heard that some municipalities rejecting permits for very minor infractions. I stand by that statement, I don’t care if they charged $1,000, CT at least has a program, whereas MD just denies. It is still not right or inclusive the way CT. handles Concealed Carry.

This is exactly why National Reciprocity needs to become a reality. As much as I am for state rights, National Reciprocity needs to pass. Many state governments no longer respond to the simple fact that many people and business are “voting with their feet”. People and businesses have been fleeing Connecticut and Maryland for quite some time now, Ct is in far worse shape that Maryland is. The same is true for New York and California.

I also want to point out that although I’m a poor college student now; I don’t plan on being one for very long.

The Republican Party is not getting a dime of my money until National Reciprocity become law.

I hope that little gem spreads like wild fire! Furthermore, I love the NRA! And I know they have A LOT on their plate, but the last NRA article on the subject was written over a month ago. It would be nice to see an article about “why rural Democrat senators should support National Reciprocity and abandon Chuck Schumer”.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I don't disagree. I'm just posting the news that an irresponsible free spending lib wants to try to balence the state's budget on the backs of law abiding gun owners.

I got a CT NR CCW with no problems at all.

:thumbsup:

Rob00taws6

Apr 4, 2013
    I don't disagree. I'm just posting the news that an irresponsible free spending lib wants to try to balence the state's budget on the backs of law abiding gun owners.

I got a CT NR CCW with no problems at all.

I love hearing about news form Connecticut, please by all means keep on postin! it’s just that sometimes it completely aggravates me. its a relief to write about it. When I think of Connecticut government I think of corrupt bankers lawyers and accountants, there good at sucking money out of their constituents. They probably wish they could enact “gun control” the same way Maryland has, but why do that when there is money to line your pockets with. I believe Maryland government to be similar but they are expert bureaucrats, they know how get their constituents to bend to their will and plunder your savings account. Worst part is they don’t care if you move out. The surrounding counties of Washington have been the richest counties for some time, so if you don’t want to live “here” or do business “here” someone else will.

As far as concealed carry is concerned personally I’m a big proponent of safety, practice and recognition of the responsibility that comes with carrying. Concealed carry is not a right granted to us by our government, it’s a natural right and government does not have the right to take that away for you or me. Simply put the right you defend yourself is granted to us for a higher power or the laws that govern nature and is stated in our governing document, yet Maryland government supersedes. It is infuriating, and I would live to see National Reciprocity become law, knowing that I could attain a CCW license would be great. But seeing the RATS in Annapolis, Hartford, New York, New Jersey, California, DC and everywhere else scurry and panic would be so dam satisfying. I like talking about the day, hopefully it comes soon. Just picture Brian Frosh running in circles with his underwear on his head dribbling about how the Wild West is coming to Maryland.

Rob00taws6

Apr 4, 2013
    I read that as well, they also upheld the same law that 100,000+ people are defying now, the same law they gave up on enforcing.. and the law remains on the books. It's a banana Republic, in some ways

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom