• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Reloader

Ultimate Member
    Oct 23, 2007
    Arnold, MD
    I did a couple trigger jobs like this. It got rid of the gritty feel and dropped the pull a pound and a half. You'll still have the long pull and over travel...install the Apex SRT and seer and be done with it!

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    The methods Burwell uses are sound, not just for M&Ps, but several other models, his trigger job was the most popular before Apex started basically producing replacement parts that were modified similarly. Polish contact surfaces, radius sharp edges, and delay the sear engagemet to the rear of the trigger stroke, works well for GLOCK too. I've done a couple M&Ps, I chuck the striker button in a drill, and spin it aggainst sand paper and xcompund loaded felt to radius and polish it. I don't reduce the primary engagement surface(sear to striker) on the sear, you can get a 4# pull without it, and it does carry some risk.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    Nice article on the trigger job. I worked my way through my M&P's trigger and it presently has about a 5 pound pull weight. It's smooth and I just need to set back the engage block contact profile as illustrated. If the pistol was even half as accurate as it should be I would have done it by now.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Just grab the Apex goodies if you're wary of doing the 'hard' stuff yourself.

2 drop-in parts took my M&P .45 from a roughly 6.25 pound pull (with lots of grit and creep) down to 3.5 pounds in less than an hour. Granted, I got lucky that I didn't have to tweak the trigger bar loop any.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Just grab the Apex goodies if you're wary of doing the 'hard' stuff yourself.

2 drop-in parts took my M&P .45 from a roughly 6.25 pound pull (with lots of grit and creep) down to 3.5 pounds in less than an hour. Granted, I got lucky that I didn't have to tweak the trigger bar loop any.

This, I did my M&P9 with Apex goodies, nothing like a nice break and solid reset, and no damn over travel.

I replaced my trigger with the flat faced aluminum trigger, FSS, and ultimate striker block, and will be getting the reset assist mechanism as well all for my M&P 9L. I also have the duty carry action enhancement kit on my M&P 45c.

I love the Apex products. Very straightforward install, as well as instructional videos.

Dec 25, 2015
    You can possibly save a lot of bucks by taking an intermediate step that costs nothing and see how you like it.

Polishing all the contact surfaces and especially radiusing and polishing the striker block button can make a big difference in the feel. With that being said, I have all the Apex goodies in my 9L.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom