• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redsandman6

Dec 22, 2011
    Dundalk
    if they are going to make a change he will not announce it in a public setting. he would likely send an email or document to the new msp super. then it would get leaked somehow and eventually I would guess it would make it mdshooters. by the time the opposition figures out more ccw permits are going out it may not be a big news story. but if Hogan goes on the radio station and announces it to the world then it would be a huge story.

if I had it my way. I would wait until the current session is over and then make the change. that gives us a year before they can do anything. then they could make a bill. it would then have to make it out of committee, get voted on both sides, get vetoed and then override the veto. then we get to take it to court, where we can prolong the issue through court with appeals and stays. hopefully as the years go on we will have some more permits issued.

in the end whatever happens there will be a fight and it will be a long one.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    I like Hogan, voted for him and think he can do Maryland some good. He impresses me as a very bright man, businessman etc. When I pulled the lever for him (well actually an X on a tablet) 2A issues being fixed in Maryland was not even on my radar as a reason for my picking him, I'll take it as a bonus if he works on it. What I do like, I think we can all depend on him to deflect MORE onerous gun laws coming from the left, but undoing what has been done is not easy. With all the problems this state has, gun rights policy is so far down his list and that is how I read the deflection.

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    I think some members here would be upset if Hogan did anything less than show up at his inauguration wearing a pair of 1911's, pop a squat on Frosh's desk and then use his mustache to clean up before declaring Constitutional Carry in the State of Maryland.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Enough of the BS

Why doesn't someone who has been recently declined by the Handgun permit review board, sue in district court (the lowest court) and subpeona the governor for a definition?

csanc123

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2009
    Montgomery County
    I think some members here would be upset if Hogan did anything less than show up at his inauguration wearing a pair of 1911's, pop a squat on Frosh's desk and then use his mustache to clean up before declaring Constitutional Carry in the State of Maryland.

That would be quite a show.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central

Yup.

Single issues voters (or complainers since statistically speaking many complaining likely didn't vote) are the worst.

navycraig

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2009
    St. Mary's
    Yup.

Single issues voters (or complainers since statistically speaking many complaining likely didn't vote) are the worst.

Who said anything about single issue? This issue is being discussed here...yes, and elsewhere, but taxes and other issues are also being discussed, by pretty much the same people, in other threads.

And just in case you've forgotten, this is a shooting related forum and the topic is being discussed under the Maryland 2A sub-forum. :thumbsup:

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    I'm with the "wait until after session" crowd. The GA couldn't pass anything and have it take effect until October, 2016 that way and by then maybe they'll realize MD hasn't turned into the Wild West.

Maybe, just maybe, he'll get around to reading the fiscal report on issuing CCW's and realize it's a winner for the budget. $5M.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    And maybe it's just simply too early to tip his hand and his avoidance was intentional until he feels the time is right. I'm willing to wait a bit longer.

We are an impatient bunch.

/flame suit on..

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    The GA has already said they were going to try and deny his new MSP guy his appointment.

What possible good can from saying: "I will order the new MSP guy to give carry permits to all who apply. We're going to start with the common man and common woman. To be followed by all teachers who apply. Followed by high school, junior high school, and finally elementary schools students if they're strong enough to pick up a gun and pull the trigger".

Why don't some on here just shoot yourselves in the foot now and get it over with.

Hogan ain't like BHO. He's not going to draw a road map so the enemy can see what's coming.

A modicum of patience is required here.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Read between the lines. Go back to the new MSP head thread if you need to.

For the seventeen billionth time, G&S is the law, but not defined.

Don't stress over it.

We're dealing with people across the state who don't know the process, don't want to learn about the process, and won't step up to be part of the process, beyond the occasional rally and internet post.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Why yes I have. If Emily will allow photographs of herself and our esteemed colleague to be taken together, he's ok by me. !

:D

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    And maybe it's just simply too early to tip his hand and his avoidance was intentional until he feels the time is right. I'm willing to wait a bit longer.

We are an impatient bunch.

/flame suit on..

The GA has already said they were going to try and deny his new MSP guy his appointment.

What possible good can from saying: "I will order the new MSP guy to give carry permits to all who apply. We're going to start with the common man and common woman. To be followed by all teachers who apply. Followed by high school, junior high school, and finally elementary schools students if they're strong enough to pick up a gun and pull the trigger".

Why don't some on here just shoot yourselves in the foot now and get it over with.

Hogan ain't like BHO. He's not going to draw a road map so the enemy can see what's coming.

A modicum of patience is required here.

cdeb1a4b63896d52c136f09610a96280418e130abb53c3e27175c3f55e60ecb9.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom