• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    I will try to make it CLEAR for you

1 issue politician

hope you understand one of those , if so should be clear to you now . Have a good night

You fail, first you do not name the issue. I'm guessing you mean 2A........sorry bub he fought for 1A, 4A, 5A, 10A and whole host of other things. Welcome to the troll septic tank called ignore, you have proven you are not worth the time to read or even see your drivel.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Smigiel was one of the good few that held the Constitution in high and equal regard.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    This is no different than the DINO movement . People were tired of him here in district 36 and they dealt with him by stacking the deck. Most supporters of him were /are outside his district and only have 1 issue that matters to them , those are the people who are more closely tied to the liberals than those who showed him the door.

This is the first I heard of Smigiel losing, and it sucks. However, I can see how this could have happened. While he was great on the 2nd Amendment, and I mean GREAT, I have no idea what he was like on other issues.

As I was reading the OP, I thought to myself, they took the DINO tactic and did it way better than we did. Jesus, I just hope people don't think that this is what will happen to them when they stick up for the 2nd Amendment, but believe that this had to do with Smigiel's positions on other issues.

Regardless, this is just one more dagger in my heart when it comes to the 2nd Amendment in Maryland. All our eggs are pretty much in the federal court system at this point, or in moving to another state. Nancy Jacobs retires. Smigiel loses the primary. Can we bail water fast enough, or is it time to abandon ship?

PO2012

Oct 24, 2013
    Can we bail water fast enough, or is it time to abandon ship?

The only people who know the answer to this question are the majority of adults in this State who choose not to vote and refuse to participate in their own government year after year, decade after decade. We're in the minority in Maryland but, and this is an important point, so are our opponents. The only difference is that they are better organizers who can turn out the vote better than we can. There are a number of reasons as to why that is (first and foremost, they're promising "free" stuff) but at the end of the day what counts is that they get it done and we, sadly, do not. When you promise someone a certain amount of money each month (i.e. EBT) that's something that's easy to get behind. Those being promised the benefit can look at it and imagine what they'd buy with little effort. Freedom is much more ephemeral and thus is a harder sell. To be blunt, most adults will get off their asses for some money but not many will do the same for their ideals, not even when those ideals are all that make life bearable and worth living. We've got to get the uninvolved and disinterested in this state to stand up and participate.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    The only people who know the answer to this question are the majority of adults in this State who choose not to vote and refuse to participate in their own government year after year, decade after decade. We're in the minority in Maryland but, and this is an important point, so are our opponents. The only difference is that they are better organizers who can turn out the vote better than we can. There are a number of reasons as to why that is (first and foremost, they're promising "free" stuff) but at the end of the day what counts is that they get it done and we, sadly, do not. When you promise someone a certain amount of money each month (i.e. EBT) that's something that's easy to get behind. Those being promised the benefit can look at it and imagine what they'd buy with little effort. Freedom is much more ephemeral and thus is a harder sell. To be blunt, most adults will get off their asses for some money but not many will do the same for their ideals, not even when those ideals are all that make life bearable and worth living. We've got to get the uninvolved and disinterested in this state to stand up and participate.

Are we and the liberals both in the minority because of the independents? lol

The rest of it I agree with you on. However, I think that a lot of people are deciding to leave rather than stay. Essentially, voting with their feet. Once enough of the tax base leaves, even the liberals that support these politicians will get sick of supporting the leaches. Detroit is a prime example. The vast majority of people that elected the liberal politicians that destroyed Detroit are no longer in Detroit. They have moved on to the next city, like a swarm of locusts, to devour that city and leave it in shambles. Sadly, I think it will be the same with Maryland and Baltimore will be the first to fall. Just look at the financial situations of Baltimore City and the state. Somebody is going to be on the short end of the stick, whether it be those receiving welfare, those receiving a government pension, those actually paying taxes, etc.

We shall see how things shake out and who is actually left here. I really hope it isn't me. Initially, I did not want my kids to go far away for college. Now, I might be pushing them to the midwest to attend the same university out that way. I'd get to leave here even earlier than planned.

Personally, I think we are past bailing and it is time for the life boats and life preservers. Hope I am wrong. Time will tell.

Dec 31, 2012
    :thumbsup:
    I don't personally know more than a few people who would actually stand for their principles over their paychecks, EBT aside. It really is quite sad as most of those who choose the paycheck are decent respectable people but when it comes down to it they value comfort and convenience at the price of conformity and expense of liberty. Risk aversion by those who have it good and are kept in the good by politicians, leads to apathy for the slippery slope.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    The college thing is a good point. As Ehrlich recently wrote"college is where your kids go to become leftists" all too often. Case in point, my good friends have 2 very bright sons, one went to UMD the other to Clemson, 2 entirely different learning experiences.As a wise man once said "if you're not a liberal at 25 you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at 35 you have no brain".
    Wish I knew more about Smigel so I could weigh in but he always seemed to take a strong stand for us and against the libs.

Frogman, have you ever met Delegate Mike and talked with him?
    Or did you follow the SB281 proceedings?
    I would like to know the source of your beef with Delegate Mike.

Delegate Mike is the #1 protector of the Constitution that MD has!
    Hands down!

He can't be bought and sold like the other wishy-washy, supposed representatives.
    District 36, the state of Marylandistan and the United States of America will be losing what very well may be the biggest (no offense, Mike!) protector of citizens' rights and champion of little government!

Mike, we will miss you and your finely tuned, fact-based retorts to OweMalley's "yes men", that pervade that stink hole named Annapolis!

The sphinx

Ultimate Member
    Jun 27, 2013
    Delaware
    Frogman, have you ever met Delegate Mike and talked with him?
    Or did you follow the SB281 proceedings?
    I would like to know the source of your beef with Delegate Mike.

Delegate Mike is the #1 protector of the Constitution that MD has!
    Hands down!

He can't be bought and sold like the other wishy-washy, supposed representatives.
    District 36, the state of Marylandistan and the United States of America will be losing what very well may be the biggest (no offense, Mike!) protector of citizens' rights and champion of little government!

Mike, we will miss you and your finely tuned, fact-based retorts to OweMalley's "yes men", that pervade that stink hole named Annapolis!
    :thumbsup:

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    He lost? That blows. I saw him speak in Annapolis on 2A Tuesday. Seemed like a guy id want representing me.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Personally, I think we are past bailing and it is time for the life boats and life preservers. Hope I am wrong. Time will tell.

Depends.....

The primaries had very low voter turnout. This means our side and theirs. If there were ever a time the process was vulnerable to the DINO movement, it was this past election. WE failed.

Someone mentioned apathy. That is the enemy. Many people saw SB281 not as a battle but as the war. To them, we lost the war and that is that. No matter that this fight has been going on for decades. THEY got involved last year, and lost. So it must be over. To them, there is no use fighting. You can accept what you have, or you can leave the State. There is no third option. Our biggest obstacle now is not the people in Annapolis, but the people who should be in our own camp.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Depends.....

The primaries had very low voter turnout. This means our side and theirs. If there were ever a time the process was vulnerable to the DINO movement, it was this past election. WE failed.

Someone mentioned apathy. That is the enemy. Many people saw SB281 not as a battle but as the war. To them, we lost the war and that is that. No matter that this fight has been going on for decades. THEY got involved last year, and lost. So it must be over. To them, there is no use fighting. You can accept what you have, or you can leave the State. There is no third option. Our biggest obstacle now is not the people in Annapolis, but the people who should be in our own camp.

Agreed.

I am going to be here for 17 more years at the minimum, barring confiscation or additional registration (i.e., my wife and I have already agreed that we will move to another state if that happens). So, I am trying to help the 2nd Amendment cause and the overall conservative cause as best I can. Thing is, even my family is a pain to try and get motivated when it comes to this stuff. Just trying to get them to understand DINO was painful, and I don't think a single one of them did it. Mind you, they are all staunch conservatives with possibly one exception, a sister in Annapolis that might be waffling.

Think it might take a nuke to get our side motivated.

CAS_Shooter

Jan 24, 2012
    At least that's how I justify our dirty poolitics.

To hell with principle and honor. As long as there is a way to rationalize away both, there will be no difference between one side and the other. Hypocrisy is alive and well and happily championed by the the self acknowledged right doers from the left and the right.

There are ways to fight for our freedoms without compromising honor.

Feb 28, 2013

The problem is past history. In this state, for as long as anyone can remember, laws have never became less restrictive. It has always been more so. To attempt anything otherwise would be akin to protesting for the rights of witches in Salem. On the gun issue it would be an equally difficult sell.:sad20:

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    To hell with principle and honor. As long as there is a way to rationalize away both, there will be no difference between one side and the other. Hypocrisy is alive and well and happily championed by the the self acknowledged right doers from the left and the right.

There are ways to fight for our freedoms without compromising honor.

Trying to understand your post.

Are you saying it's OK to sacrifice principle and honor in order to win by any and all means possible or is your comment pure sarcasm?

Are you saying the DINO folks have no right to complain, from an ethical standpoint, when the Left serves us a sour lemon rind and corn turd sandwich?

Please clarify.

Personally, I dislike the fact that both sides have turned to questionable tactics to win elections, but I want to win elections and I will bear the scarlet "H" if need be.

What this country needs more than anything at this point is very firm election laws and we need to start voting on Election Day only with voter ID cards for ALL voters.

And screw this whole two solid months of General Election voting crap.

And if you're not a US CITIZEN and if you can't speak ENGLISH, then you can't vote in AMERICAN elections.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    The problem is past history. In this state, for as long as anyone can remember, laws have never became less restrictive. It has always been more so. To attempt anything otherwise would be akin to protesting for the rights of witches in Salem. On the gun issue it would be an equally difficult sell.:sad20:

Changing the GA is what we need to do. We cannot do this without our people going out to vote. Not enough do. While Vinnie Demarco is bussing in people who vote his way, we have way to many people screaming about their Rights, putting great bumper stickers on their cars, threatening to leave, but not voting.

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    I've thrown this into other threads about this subject. One word.
    REDISTRICTING. Cecil County is broken up into 3 districts now. 35A, 35B, 36

I live in Cecil and along with a bunch of my friends...Smigiel was not on our ticket.

It is my opinion, and I don't have scientific facts or polls, from what I can see there are a couple large portions of Smigiels district 36 that are heavenly laden with the disease that is EBT. I think Cecil is the poorest county in the state.

EDIT: Also note I think I saw ONE Smigiel campaign sign on Rt. 40 in the past few months. Not really a strong campaign. Lots of factors that went into his loss. Cecil county patriots may be one of them. I think Smigiel is partly to blame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom