• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • UNcommon Arms

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 16, 2011
    Howard County
    I would go door to door and explain to my neighbors what happen {when/why the police were called) and what took place, and then thank each of them for increasing your business if they happen to have been the one that called. No need to admit you may or may not be the caller, but thank you. And if you would ever want a lesson in firearms knowledge, You would be please to teach them so that they could be better informed at whatever decision they choose to make after that.

but great story!
    I know all my neighbors and they all know me and my Libertarianism - just wrapped up our weekly driveway bonfire and chat nite. 14 neighbor homes on the street all are good guys even the one who's on O'Malley's executive staff - he's as frustrated with O'Malley's dopey ideas as the rest of us. We all had good laff about the incident. Most likely it was a driver passing by on the main road.

UNcommon Arms

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 16, 2011
    Howard County
    +1. Seriously the reporter was "aghast" and you know damn sure he will construe it to scare the uninformed sheeple.
    Aghast... more like dumbfounded, shaking his head ruefully at how absurd SB281 is. I've been interviewed by WMAU 1/2 dozen times since 1/2013 they report the facts and do not misquote me. Should be a good report on Monday.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    OP: Comcast now owns NBC and its cable affiliates. Comcast, and its NBC, CNBC, and related subsidiaries are among the biggest anti-2A corporate conglomerates under the Sun, in synch with Bloomberg, Soros, et al.
    I think members here would forgive and applaud you if you changed your name here to shed that Comcast affiliation. jmho, meant in a positive and friendly way.

There is nothing about Comcast or its NBC, MSNBC, or related entities that I can see, that is 2A tolerant, much less 2A friendly. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

UNcommon Arms

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 16, 2011
    Howard County
    OP: Comcast now owns NBC and its cable affiliates. Comcast, and its NBC, CNBC, and related subsidiaries are among the biggest anti-2A corporate conglomerates under the Sun, in synch with Bloomberg, Soros, et al.
    I think members here would forgive and applaud you if you changed your name here to shed that Comcast affiliation. jmho, meant in a positive and friendly way.

There is nothing about Comcast or its NBC, MSNBC, or related entities that I can see, that is 2A tolerant, much less 2A friendly. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    can I change my handle? I would if possible? I don't use that email any more. I agree Comcast is.... :-(

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    can I change my handle? I would if possible? I don't use that email any more. I agree Comcast is.... :-(

I don't know, but if it were me I'd try, and then take it out on Comcast.

If the Bolsheviks won the Cold War, Comcast is their new domestic US Politburo. Softened to meet the times. No wonder Putin rides bare chested on horseback, while Nobama invisibly sneaks a smoke while slinking through the links.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    If my neighbor called the police every-time I was outside with an AR the police would be out at my place once a week.

Thanks
    Robert

If mine called the police every time I walked outside with a gun case or sat on the patio to clean a firearm, the cops would have a bunk room at my house and a fridge stocked with food and drinks. :lol2:

I've never had the cops called on me for MWG. Hell, my neighbors usually come over and ask me what all I am up to and if they can tag along, if I am going to the range as long as they buy ammo.

I remember when I brough my LAR-8 home from AG-Rockville in 2010. My neighbor (retired from Detrick as a microbiologist) and my other neighbor USSS saw me get out of the truck with a blue case. They both came over at the same time and asked why I tore out of the house at warp speed 2 hours before. I popped the case and they asked if they could hold it, touch it, and shoot it one day. They understood why I tore off out of the house right then and there. Granted these guys have shown their collections (decently sized) to me and I have shot quite a bit of their collections. I guess I am lucky to have neighbors (in suburbia no less!!!) that are relatively chill when it comes to firearms.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    I had a similar experience while teaching a class in Silver Spring at a Hampton Inn in 2010. The Mongomer County police had been notified about the class the day before to avoid any problems. (We always notify local LE about our classes)

A hotel guest on the way to the pool walked past the meeting room door as one of our students returned from the restroom. The caught a glimpse of me holding a Blue training gun demonstrating the isocolies stance. They must have thought I was aming the gun at the other people in the room. They called 911 from a house phone in the pool room and hid there until police arrived.

The responding officers were very professional and checked with the front desk before coming to the meeting room. They were informed about the class and proceeded to the meeting room to check things out. They happened to open the door as I was sitting in a chair showing the need to learn to shoot from any position with the Blue gun pointed at the door. The officers remained calm and told me to please put the gun down which caused me to drop the Blue Gun on the floor.

Both officers then entered the room and asked if everything was OK and that they had received a report of a man holding people hostage with a gun. Their question got a good chuckle for everyone and they said thank you and sorry for disturbing us. I used the incident as a teachable moment by pointing out how quickly I dropped even a fake gun when told to do so by LE.

They should have charged the 'dweeb' with filing a false report ... after berating them severely for lack of common sense and good judgement ... not to mention a judge forcing them to take a gun safety course and wear adult diapers if they couldn't contain themselves for fear of firearms in the future. :innocent0

Les Gawlik

Ultimate Member
    Apr 2, 2009
    We are fighting a battle of public perception. We have women who are so "frightened" and "uncomfortable" when they see an airsoft gun they have to call the police. The answer is not to take toys away from the children, but to flood the zone. We must adopt the Cloward-Pivens strategies of the progs. Since there are complicated legal questions involved in what we do, it must be done with care and some discretion. But it must be done.

Even with my travels to Virginia, I have never seen anyone open carry outside of a gun store or a LEO. Firearms would be completely foreign to me were it not for my hobby. The progs have stigmatized firearms owners through popular culture. Firearms in popular culture are used by only LEOs and bad guys. A person watching movies of TV only sees guns used by LEOs and bad guys. The concept of an ordinary, law-abiding citizen carrying a firearm for self-defense is foreign to everyone in Maryland who isn't an enthusiast. Thankfully, we have Florida, Texas and Virginia to point to as our goal.

The progs have "mystified" firearms into self-actualizing entities capable of action without human intervention. It's easier for progs to judge the moral conduct of an inanimate object than a person, no matter how deficient that person is. We must bend society back to the point where anyone who calls the police for a toy gun is shamed and ridiculed, if not prosecuted.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Sgt Preston here...

Thank you for pointing out to a reporter (and the State Legislators) that the AR10 will need to be added to the banned list during the Spring Legislative Session...

Walking around outside with an AR (in a Communist State) also just adds fuel to the Anti's fire...

What was the OTHER point of your interview..?

+1. This is ths OP, BTW

uta2yzyd.jpg

KTHXBYE

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

UNcommon Arms

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 16, 2011
    Howard County
    +1. This is ths OP, BTW

uta2yzyd.jpg

KTHXBYE

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4
    Yep that's me with Owemalley, congratulating me as REALTOR of the Year. One of his security detail actually took the picture. Notice the bulge under my jacket I was legally armed at the time, even had Martin sign my CCHP.

Every time I meet with Martin I enlighten him on 2A, illegal immigration and other topics. He knows his actions are feckless but his ideology overrides his logic. We still have to continue demystifying firearms and educate the public and our employees in Annapolis.

Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

UNcommon Arms

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 16, 2011
    Howard County
    Sgt Preston here...

Thank you for pointing out to a reporter (and the State Legislators) that the AR10 will need to be added to the banned list during the Spring Legislative Session...

Walking around outside with an AR (in a Communist State) also just adds fuel to the Anti's fire...

Sgt,

Doug Gansler has approved/sanctioned "walking around with a long gun" is permitted.

Case 1:1 0-cv-02068-JFM Document 26 Filed 03/22/11 Page 16 of 60
    Review Bd. Decision, at 1. After considering the evidence, the Handgun Permit Review
    Board issued a decision upholding the decision to deny the permit. Id. at 2-3. Woollard
    elected not to pursue his right to appeal that decision to the Circuit Court for Baltimore
    County, and instead initiated this action. 1
    II. MARYLAND'S FIREARMS LAWS
    Maryland's firearms laws are "reasonable firearms regulations" that reflect the
    State's concerted effort to "devise solutions to social problems that suit local needs and
    values," McDonald, 130 S.Ct. at 3046, while protecting the rights of law-abiding
    Marylanders to keep and bear arms in their homes for self-defense, id at 3050.
    A. Maryland Does Not Require a Permit to Possess a Firearm,
    Including a Handgun, in the Home or Under Numerous Other
    Circumstances.
    For Maryland residents legally allowed to own a gun, Maryland law does not
    regulate, or restrict in any way, the wear, carry, or possession of such guns in an
    individual's home, on any real estate owned by that individual, on the premises of an
    individual's business, or on the premises of a business where the individual IS a
    supervisory employee authorized by the owner to wear and carry the handgun. See
    generally Md. Code Ann., Crim. Law § 4-203(b)(6) & (7).2 Moreover, the law does not
    restrict the wear, carry, or transport of an unloaded handgun to and from places where it
    1 On December 16, 2010, this Court denied the defendants' motion to dismiss on abstention
    grounds arising from Woollard's failure to pursue the available state proceedings (Paper No. 16).
    2 What a Maryland resident can or cannot do with a handgun in the absence of a wear and carry
    permit is defined by the exceptions contained in Maryland's criminal law relating to the wear
    and carry of handguns, Md. Code Ann., Crim. Law § 4-203.

Fishguy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2009
    Montgomery County
    Sgt Preston here...

As if they need any excuse to further restrict our rights.

If one was to believe that the peculiarities in this law are a simple oversight made by a bunch of bumbling buffoons who don't know anything about guns, then it may be a realistic strategy to not remind the legislators of what they missed.

The fact is, they know damn well what they did. The AR 15 and ak 47were specifically named because the general, numbskull public knows what they are (and the media does as well). Later, when they can blame some tragedies on another weapon, then they will go after that.

The name of the game for them is re-election. Why should they ban more guns than they need to in order to get their names in the papers and lay the foundation for the next election? If they ban everything now, they won't be able to milk the issue at a later date when they need to score more liberal votes.

Best for them to ban just enough to cause an uproar and tell their voters how much they care about the children so they can come back and take more later for the same reason.

I agree with the OP, it is best to educate as many non-politicians as possible. The politicians will continue to come after our rights whether we "remind" them to or not.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Yep that's me with Owemalley, congratulating me as REALTOR of the Year. One of his security detail actually took the picture. Notice the bulge under my jacket I was legally armed at the time, even had Martin sign my CCHP.

Every time I meet with Martin I enlighten him on 2A, illegal immigration and other topics. He knows his actions are feckless but his ideology overrides his logic. We still have to continue demystifying firearms and educate the public and our employees in Annapolis.

Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

You may not remember but we have meet several times. Once at the town hall meeting held at PG Com Col. (we parked next to each other, your truck is a little bit bigger than mine) Once or twice in Annapolis and once in NE DC at A. Litteri Deli.

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    Not trying to hijack the thread but, I look at this a little differently. I have taken Mdengs class in the exact room they were in and if a normal citizen were to walk by I can understand their concern. There is a very small side glass to that room and only a glimpse through a partially open door. I would rather have them be involved and cautious than to be one of those "I didn't see anything" people. If I thought that way I would have just kept driving last weekend when I saw the truck driver laying in front of his truck on Rt.32 just up from the Howard County fairgrounds. But unlike 6 other cars, I turned around to make sure he was okay. Guess what, he wasn't. But I know I did what I thought was right. Now if that makes me a bad person I'm a bad person, But he's okay today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom