Manners T4-Adjustable stock w/Pachmayer Decelerator
    Badger Ordnance M5 DBM
    Schmidt and Bender PMII 5-25x w/ Badger 30mm rings

dammit , time to get rid of the TRG-42 .:D

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    Yeah, I know, a cheap Dick's Sporting Goods Remington ADL heavy barrel. But's it's my toe in the water coming from Mosins. Eventually I'll get around to getting it dialed in, a better stock, and some better glass. But hey, I'm just happy to put holes in paper.

Nothing wrong with that and you can always restock it with BDL stock and get bottom metal for it :thumbsup:

frdfandc

Fish It
    Aug 27, 2011
    Elkton, MD
    I'd like to try and stretch out the legs on my Tikka T3 Lite in .270. Has a Nikon Buckmaster 3x9-50 on it.

2011-12-23210129.jpg

And this was my last outing sighting in the scope. Walking it in nice and easy at 100 yards.

2012-07-13203933.jpg

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    I'm mainly a shotgun guy so only take the rifles out a couple times a year. Have a Savage Fcp Mcmillan in .308.Rifle has been very accurate right out of the box and comfortable to shoot with the Mcmillan stock,has Bushnell 4200 6 to 24 glass on it thats pretty sharp but would need a canted base to reach 1000yds. Really like the AccuTrigger.
    Target,100yds,main group 10 shots,flyers were scope adjustments, using bipod only off bench. Stock is not bedded, future project.
    DSCN0618.jpg

DSCN0619.jpg

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    I'm mainly a shotgun guy so only take the rifles out a couple times a year. Have a Savage Fcp Mcmillan in .308.Rifle has been very accurate right out of the box and comfortable to shoot with the Mcmillan stock,has Bushnell 4200 6 to 24 glass on it thats pretty sharp but would need a canted base to reach 1000yds. Really like the AccuTrigger.
    Target,100yds,main group 10 shots,flyers were scope adjustments, using bipod only off bench. Stock is not bedded, future project.
    DSCN0618.jpg

DSCN0619.jpg

Nice. A great gun for the money, and very similar to my rig... I have a 10 FCP-K, and with a Bushnell Elite 4200 6-24x50. Yes, there are better guns and glass out there, but 99% of the shooters out there would never be able to tell the difference.

Before moving to MD, I would regularly shoot it out to 500 yards with great results (MOA to marginally sub-MOA with match ammo or hand loads), but it has just been gathering dust since then... one outing in the last two years. :sad20:

Nov 14, 2010
    Kingsville, MD
    Thanks guys. Still working on loads. I'd like to find something that groups that well, is cheap, and will make it to 1k(not like the bullet will be the weak link at that distance :lol:) I haven't been able to bring myself to drop the money on scenars because I'm afraid I will like them!

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    Thanks guys. Still working on loads. I'd like to find something that groups that well, is cheap, and will make it to 1k(not like the bullet will be the weak link at that distance :lol:) I haven't been able to bring myself to drop the money on scenars because I'm afraid I will like them!

Did you try the Barnes burners? I have a box here but haven't had the time to load them yet.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Not really worthy after some of these pics but here's my savage 12ft/r. Its mostly stock and it shoots alright.

Sent from my MOTWX435KT using Tapatalk 2

I picked up mine last night, can't wait to get home today and mount my scope. Will be at the range this weekend rain or shine!!! Hoping mine shoots 1/2 as good as yours!

Those medium or High rings? didn't mount the cheek piece?

Nov 14, 2010
    Kingsville, MD
    Did you try the Barnes burners? I have a box here but haven't had the time to load them yet.

No I haven't tried them yet.

I picked up mine last night, can't wait to get home today and mount my scope. Will be at the range this weekend rain or shine!!! Hoping mine shoots 1/2 as good as yours!

Those medium or High rings? didn't mount the cheek piece?

They are high. I forget the actual measurement but with my 50mm objective there is barely just enough room to fit the lens cover on there. I have a cheap set of 1" medium rings you can have if you want them. I don't have the riser on there because I don't like how far it pushes my head out horizontally. I've been meaning to sand it down and see how I like it but like a lot of things, I haven't got around to it yet.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    They are high. I forget the actual measurement but with my 50mm objective there is barely just enough room to fit the lens cover on there. I have a cheap set of 1" medium rings you can have if you want them. I don't have the riser on there because I don't like how far it pushes my head out horizontally. I've been meaning to sand it down and see how I like it but like a lot of things, I haven't got around to it yet.

Well I guess we will see if my 60mm scope fits with Medium rings tonight, crossing fingers!!! LOL.

Franklin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 12, 2012
    close to budds creek
    22-250 700 SPS with the junk SPS removed and replaced with a H.S. precision M-24 Kevlar stock and a bushnell 6-24x40. She gives me the silent treatment if I make her stare at paper.

IMG00098-20120716-1940.jpg

IMG00160-20121031-1656.jpg

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Well I guess we will see if my 60mm scope fits with Medium rings tonight, crossing fingers!!! LOL.

Sure does, with room to spare. True F t/r gun.bbit dam this target accu trigger. If I throw the bolt home too hard it's locks me out. New trigger coming for next season for sure!

57b2b6d8f26b170c67cd69576ddac4f3.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom