• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doitsouthstyle

Apr 4, 2012
    Baltimore County
    Well the easiest way to put this without keeping this thread off topic is if you choose to not want to pay a $100+ for a plain stripped lower yes there are some out there and if not given a few weeks maybe into new year there will be plenty of good opportunities coming up when the post pre panic pricing comes back down to normal.

And no Mopar they all aren't out to rape so please stop blowing stuff out of proportion. And yes some you are just paying for a name. Some you are paying they are billet over forged some are plain some are engraved some have some fancy extra "styling". But asked will there be and I simply replied yes there should be. Thank you buddy

Blue Fins

Aug 23, 2011
    Funny, I thought this was a thread about my gun show on Dec 10-11.
    I hope everyone comes and enjoys the show.

As far as lowers are concerned, I get them where and when I can for what I can. If anyone knows us, you would know that I try to keep prices in check and to be respectable. I'm not into raping, pillaging or raping (yes, I said raping twice)

Again, I hope everyone enjoys the show.
    Do, do, do, do ,do do... Dont worry, Be happy

TylerFirearms

, , Class-7 FFL, MRFD
    Industry Partner
    Dec 27, 2013
    Halethorpe, MD

As far as lowers are concerned, I get them where and when I can for what I can. If anyone knows us, you would know that I try to keep prices in check and to be respectable. I'm not into raping, pillaging or raping (yes, I said raping twice)

Some people hate their lives and they want to make others just as miserable as they are so they can feel better about their own lives... LOL

Looking forward to attending the show. Do you want dealers to send you a check? I'll take 4 tables, please.

Blue Fins

Aug 23, 2011
    Some people hate their lives and they want to make others just as miserable as they are so they can feel better about their own lives... LOL

Looking forward to attending the show. Do you want dealers to send you a check? I'll take 4 tables, please.

Jamie would like a check please.
    send it to her at:
    Blue Fins
    701 Wise ave
    Baltimore, MD 21222
    410-477-9244

thanx

WhyTheBans

Oct 31, 2016
    So this may be a dumb question.......why do people go to gun shows? Is it like being able to visit multiple stores at one time? Better Deals? "Loop holes"? Trading other people or?

I have yet to go to one but have been interested.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    So this may be a dumb question.......why do people go to gun shows? Is it like being able to visit multiple stores at one time? Better Deals? "Loop holes"? Trading other people or?

Multiple stores, multiple options, multiple prices. You can find the gun you just has to has because it matches your shoes AND find an FFL to complete the transfer/sale close to you. (I once found a lower with a cool serial number and had it transferred at the show to save me 4 hours of driving). There's also networking, meeting new people and camaraderie, plus you know that 80% of people around you can pass a background check which is nice. There's no loop holes, all sales comply with MD and ATF regulations (4473's and 77R's and HQL's needed) BUT you may meet an individual at the show selling a privately owned firearm and complete a FTF transaction (long guns only).

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007

If you're serious about buying, it's a good place to maybe do some comparative shopping. It's a great place to do some window shopping to get ideas on what your next purchase may be. Once you've gone to a few, you realize it's a place where you can meet and talk to people with the same interests or concerns. The vendors usually are very happy to talk to you, if they have the time.

I've been going to shows for I'm guessing something like 25 years. For me, it's better than walking around the malls. Even during the times that I don't buy anything, I'll still spend 1-3 hours just walking around and talking to folks and vendors. This coming from a guy with a really bad knee, who will spend the next day just sitting around because the knee hurts so much, but I wouldn't change it for the world.

TylerFirearms

, , Class-7 FFL, MRFD
    Industry Partner
    Dec 27, 2013
    Halethorpe, MD

You can meet a lot of really interesting people at a gun show. From the 90 year old WWII badass to the 18 year old looking for his/her first rifle, to the conspiracy theorists that will tell you the government is tracking your every move and will confiscate your guns in the parking lot... LOL

One thing to take note, though. We as a local dealer are NOT a showroom for online gun stores. If you want to shop online, do so from the comfort of your own home. If you have questions, by all means, ask. But don't fondle my guns and then ask me what my transfer fees are. That's just rude. We'll be more than happy to help you pick your first (or 20th) gun, but again, if you want to buy from online gun stores (and that's ok), just don't talk to me for 30 minutes then go buy online somewhere. It would be same as going to Best Buy, spending 30 minutes talking to a salesperson, then buying from Amazon.

Gun shows for us, anyway, are about meeting new customers and making sales. We like to build long term relationships with people, and we'll spend the time to talk to you and get to know you, and you get to know us. Most times you'll find me talking to old and new customers and not actually making sales.

Everything we do at a gun show is a good day surrounded by like-minded people and we all get to drool over guns we can't afford. How could the day get any better?... LOL

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    Okay so an FFL that sells guns to pay their mortgage, their rent for their shop, their employees, their insurance on inventory and the business, the hundreds of dollars in table fees, the trailer and car insurance to the show, and any food costs should sell a gun UNDER the price they paid in the name of customer service?

Puhlease. If you PM me your mailing address I'll buy you a subscription to your local newspaper so you can find a better paying job. How's that for customer service?

There are people who do not understand business and as I can see by a post later on in this thread they will go down fighting to have someone go out of business in favor of their selfish wants.

Reminds me of a commercial I yell at every time I hear it. "Come in, we are selling below cost". I reply in some variation of this, " So, you want me to believe someone who will ruin their own business"?

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013

:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom