• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Brought home a new Ruger GP100 today. The standard stainless 4.2" job. Surprising how nice the trigger is. Slick as snot. No grit. No slop. It works great even for Mrs. Boom Boom's tiny hands. Feels better than my other S&W and Ruger revolvers, no matter the age. Maybe the only better trigger is one of my vintage Colts.

So did Ruger improve the GP100 trigger recently? Did I find a unicorn? I don't remember them being this nice in recent years. Straight out of the box, it feels like it has an action job.

Marauder

Revolver Addict
    Dec 14, 2010
    Brought home a new Ruger GP100 today. The standard stainless 4.2" job. Surprising how nice the trigger is. Slick as snot. No grit. No slop. It works great even for Mrs. Boom Boom's tiny hands. Feels better than my other S&W and Ruger revolvers, no matter the age. Maybe the only better trigger is one of my vintage Colts.

So did Ruger improve the GP100 trigger recently? Did I find a unicorn? I don't remember them being this nice in recent years. Straight out of the box, it feels like it has an action job.

Congrats on the new Revolver..:thumbsup:

retrorichard

Member of Team Awesome
    Dec 24, 2009
    Rockville
    I have 2 gp100s , a sp101, a security and speed six. All my triggers are nowhere near as nice as my sweet k frame.

Cherish your unicorn and feed it plenty of 38s and 357!

Boom Boom

Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    I have 2 gp100s , a sp101, a security and speed six. All my triggers are nowhere near as nice as my sweet k frame.

That's what I was expecting. I've got lots of revolvers to compare it to, including a bunch of S&W, Colt, a Security Six, and a Speed Six. It's better than the nice trigger on my Model 66 (no dash). Has me scratching my head, wondering if my GP100 received a trigger group meant for the Match Champion.

00 Del

Jan 1, 2012
    The Dena, MD
    I checked out a Match Champion at A&D Pawn and I was surprised how the Ruger with the action job was not better than my S&W revolvers.

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    I've held two at the LGS and they had completely different triggers and cylinder lock up between them. Mass produced gun - you got one a fresh shift/tool change.

Boom Boom

Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    My luck with Ruger hasn't been all good. I've got a Single Six inbound tomorrow from Ruger's service department. Purchased new by me. Unfired. POS horror story in too many ways, as if a crew of habitual drunkards manufactured, inspected, and assembled the parts. Will be another thread soon enough.

Sharadeth

Oct 11, 2011
    I got mine barely used by a member here on MDS (looked like he never fired it) and the trigger pretty good as it was. I could (and still can) feel where in the pull that the cylinder locks but I kind of like that compared to my smiths. I did pull apart and did some polishing and spring replacement for kicks though

Clem

Mar 19, 2007
    Southern MD

I think you were a bit lucky. My GP100s didn't come from the box that good, but with a bit of work on my part, they became that good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom