• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gambler

¿Got Freedom?
    Oct 30, 2011
    Parkville
    I've lived in Parkville most of my life, and while we get burglary and vandalism, there's never been serious violent crime. Lately though it seems the city trash has been drifting up Harford Rd and getting more brazen. Last month there was an armed robbery and carjacking at the Autozone, now today there was an armed robbery and attempted murder at the gold place by the Emerald Tavern. Sh*t's getting out of hand. Perhaps we should just fence the trash in city.

I missed this thread apparently. That Autozone isn't but a block from my house. Yeesh.

River Mud

Mar 19, 2013
    The Oaks and Perring Parkway below Taylor ave have been going downhill since the early 90's

Drive through dutch village behind home depot and you will see what I mean.

No thanks. I don't patronize that HD either, all the tools are behind locked cages and what not.

I ate at that KFC one day and I did not feel super welcome with my buzz cut and pickup truck....

River Mud

Mar 19, 2013
    I had some clients visiting from out-of-town last week. One of them lives in Manhattan, the other in Orlando. They both travel a lot. Their business took them into the City, and both were shocked. They wanted to know whether there were any parts of it that didn't look like locations from "The Wire". The Manhattanite said "I expected something like East Harlem - I had no idea it would be this bad". She revised her opinion to place East Baltimore on a par with the South Bronx, except the Bronx is getting better.

The Bronx is getting better because there are lots of valid reasons to live on Manhattan Island (whether anyone here aspires to it or not). It is the American center of commerce and for all of Giuliani's mistakes, his aggressive cleanup of midtown and southern Manhattan have caused the map of "good parts of Manhattan" to grow quite a bit over the last 15 years.

There is no interest or impetus in doing the same in Baltimore. Each mayor we elect are only interested in redevelopment projects that they personally can benefit from, in crime "Strategies" that do little more than keep the media away, and in "school improvements" that do enough to avoid having City citizens file some kind of civil rights complaint against the City for failing to provide basic education or failing to provide basic safety at locations where children are required (by law) to be 40 weeks per year.

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    My grandmother used to live on Bauernwood Avenue, between Harford and Old Harford. I remember being a kid in the 80s walking around the neighborhood....it was like a "Leave It To Beaver" neighborhood, lost in time. She moved to Oak Crest in the mid 2000s....when I was in Baltimore for Christmas, I drove through her old neighborhood and saw the decline first hand. What used to be beautiful homes looked old and neglected....lawns weren't kept well and paint was chipping....This was the neighborhood in which my father and his brothers were raised...their father worked for NASA and their mother was a school teacher.....now it looks like a ********.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    Beth Steel - gone
    Black and Decker - gone
    GM - gone

...and so on.

Jobs aren't worth taking 3 buses for those in the inner city. It didn't help that the Crack 90's seemed attractive to the uneducated. Many factors in play. Both political parties played a role in jobs moving over seas along with NAFTA...and it didn't effect them a bit. That may come back and bite 'em in the ass.

...if you had to live in that every day

I live and work here everyday. Stop by for a beer and learn that there is more here than meets your eye.

*Jenn*

Aug 28, 2013
    Bel Air
    my dad owns a townhouse in parkville, just off waltham woods. even just in the 10 or so years he's lived there, it's gone downhill badly. i used to want to buy a place there...i've since moved up to harford county and it makes me so sad even just to visit. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom