Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Maryland Regional Discussions > Western Maryland
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old October 9th, 2019, 10:22 PM #41

Well..... maybe not

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathanglock View Post
If they vote for 10 round mags, you can always come to IWLA
The BCC IWLA says you can't have anything that is over 10 rounds. Used to be 8 rounds due to the M1. But I believe that they changed it to 10.

I've been going there for 40+ years and the ****ing libtards are taking over.

Glad I now have a 150 yard range in my yard.

MD sucks ass.
FHJ69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2019, 11:44 PM #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by FHJ69 View Post
The BCC IWLA says you can't have anything that is over 10 rounds. Used to be 8 rounds due to the M1. But I believe that they changed it to 10.

I've been going there for 40+ years and the ****ing libtards are taking over.

Glad I now have a 150 yard range in my yard.

MD sucks ass.
How much per hour for your range? Sorry to hear about BCC - I've heard it's iffy at Rockville and getting that way at Damascus as well. So far Mt Airy and Frederick seem to be holding up better, but the libs are spreading out. At this point I just want to buy my own land and shoot without the BS.
rog951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2019, 11:54 PM #43

Hagerstown rod and gun

Please post the results of the next meeting. I would live to hear that this rule has been overturned.
owgriffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2019, 10:49 AM #44

You might want to step back and consider...

Those "fudds" have kept that club going since the 1930s.
Those "fudds" are the ones that teach the hunters' education classes.
Those "fudds" sponsor one the best junior shooting programs in the area.
Those "fudds" are the ones who show up for and work at the work parties, fishing derbies, oyster roasts, bingo nights, meat raffles, range clean-up... and monthly meetings.
Those "fudds" are the ones who run the archery, trap, skeet and still target ranges and shoots.
Those "fudds" are the ones who rebuild the target frames and ground brackets, shot up by folks spraying bullets that don't understand the word target.
Those "fudds" are the ones who will sponsor you for membership and introduce you to new friends.
Those "fudds" are the ones who showed up at the city meetings when the existence of the range was put in doubt by folks who don't appreciate the shooting sports and concerns of noise and stray rounds leaving the property .
Many of those "fudds" actually own a black rifle, or two... as as well as an M-1 and can outshoot you with either.
Those "fudds" did pull the club out of financial distress in the mid 2000s, by instituting dues increases and surcharges to pay the cost of running a modern club -- insurances, workers' comp, HVAC/facility repairs, etc., against the tide of real "fudds" (the "HUGE" number that left the club a few years ago) that thought you should still be able to run a club on $50/year dues and that anyone could pour a beer.
...if you only joined to have a place to shoot and are distracted by some old "fudds" offering some conversation, then maybe you should look for another club... and trust me, they know what's legal when it comes to firearms.
...and they didn't ban magazines over 10 rounds on the range, only loading magazines beyond 10 rounds.
Drenthunter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2019, 03:00 PM #45
Missed it by that much

Missed it by that much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drenthunter1 View Post
Those "fudds" are the ones who show up for and work at the work parties, fishing derbies, oyster roasts, bingo nights, meat raffles, range clean-up... and monthly meetings.
Those "fudds" are the ones who run the archery, trap, skeet and still target ranges and shoots.
Those "fudds" are the ones who rebuild the target frames and ground brackets, shot up by folks spraying bullets that don't understand the word target.
Those "fudds" are the ones who will sponsor you for membership and introduce you to new friends.
Those "fudds" are the ones who showed up at the city meetings when the existence of the range was put in doubt by folks who don't appreciate the shooting sports and concerns of noise and stray rounds leaving the property .
Many of those "fudds" actually own a black rifle, or two... as as well as an M-1 and can outshoot you with either.
Those "fudds" did pull the club out of financial distress in the mid 2000s, by instituting dues increases and surcharges to pay the cost of running a modern club -- insurances, workers' comp, HVAC/facility repairs, etc., against the tide of real "fudds" (the "HUGE" number that left the club a few years ago) that thought you should still be able to run a club on $50/year dues and that anyone could pour a beer.
...if you only joined to have a place to shoot and are distracted by some old "fudds" offering some conversation, then maybe you should look for another club... and trust me, they know what's legal when it comes to firearms.
...and they didn't ban magazines over 10 rounds on the range, only loading magazines beyond 10 rounds.
Pissy much? I'm not a member so I don't have a dog in the fight but this post makes me have an opinion.

Yes those Fudds did all that great stuff keeping the club alive, etc. But those Fudds are demonstrating Fudd behavior with a stupid rule that you are apparently in favor of.

How bout an introduction before you get your panties in a knot?
Old October 10th, 2019, 03:17 PM #46

Not * Banning* 10+ rd mags , but instead a Range Rule of loading 10rd at a time is certainly a different than initially reported .

( For the record ; my druthers range rules should he only three : Don't do anything stupid . Don't do anything unsafe . Don't be an asshole . But loading 10rd into mag is far from the stupidest rules at Md ranges .)
Biggfoot44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2019, 03:28 PM #47
Large Member

Large Member

Boy Drenthunter1 you really won me over... I will just rush right up there and join up.... NOT!! I visited there to see about joining several years ago - caught the vibe that you are pushing. I'll take my money and shoot at Tango Down... Your attitude is exactly why that club is failing and will continue to fail..

As for the "Fudds out shooting me" - not on my worst day...

Last edited by BigT; October 10th, 2019 at 03:31 PM. Reason: spelling
BigT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2019, 03:29 PM #48
Habitual Testifier

Habitual Testifier

An idiot who shoots up a target holder will do so with ten rounds if that’s all he’s allowed.

"The heart of the matter then is not the existence of guns, knives or pressure cookers, it is this: Itís the evil lurking in the hearts of people. And there is only one solution to that problem.
His name is Jesus Christ, and the change He brings to a personís heart is the ultimate cure for the violence and wickedness that surrounds us." Jim Daly
pbharvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2019, 06:45 PM #49
Stop Negassing me!!!!!

Stop Negassing me!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggfoot44 View Post
Not * Banning* 10+ rd mags , but instead a Range Rule of loading 10rd at a time is certainly a different than initially reported .

( For the record ; my druthers range rules should he only three : Don't do anything stupid . Don't do anything unsafe . Don't be an asshole . But loading 10rd into mag is far from the stupidest rules at Md ranges .)
I stand corrected and will update my initial post. After researching the new rule further, it does in fact state only 10 rounds per magazine NOT 10 round magazines only. Still, it's a foolish rule that is as ridiculous as, and plays into, the anti-gun agenda. And what happens when such a pointless rule doesn't produce the desired effect? Probably MORE restrictions. Limiting all because of the foolish actions of a few is misguided, illogical and slippery slope dangerous. And it's still fudd mentality.

If it's Czech and it's military, it's Cool!!
Combloc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2019, 06:53 PM #50
Stop Negassing me!!!!!

Stop Negassing me!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drenthunter1 View Post

I fail to see what ANY of this has to do with me loading over ten rounds in a magazine. I've been a member for some years now and have never been irresponsible, unsafe or gotten in any trouble for my actions. Having done nothing wrong, why should I be punished/restricted/limited due to someone else's actions. This is absolutely no different than democrats attempting to dismember the 2nd Amendment for 10's of millions of law abiding citizens because of the illegal actions of a few. Punish the one or several wrongdoers, not me and multitudes like me who act safely and responsibly.

If it's Czech and it's military, it's Cool!!
Combloc is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > Maryland Regional Discussions > Western Maryland