• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wabbit

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2010
    Since the show is this weekend, I'm thinking about going since I need some rifle ammo. Did anyone see .30-06 for M1's at the last show? I'm looking for surplus stuff that shoot in M1s, not the commercial hunting ammo. ]
    thanks in advance

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Why do we all end up with dozens of magazines?? I can't even begin count all the magazines I have in my head. Do I need another 6 MP5 mags?? But they are are real HK and only 25 bucks each...... Do I really NEED more AK bakelites?? But they are unissued and only 30 bucks. Remember when they were unattainable at any price??? Do I really NEED that tenth (or is it 20th?) RPD drum??? BUY IT!!!!

I have addiction issues.

No, you have addiction solutions. Think how much it would bother you if you didn't buy them :innocent0

Me personally, I've got 7x30-rnd PMAGs, 2x20rnd PMAGs, 2x10rnd PMAGs, 1x10rnd ASC aluminum mag and 2x10rnd Lancer warfighter mags for my AR-15s. I also have 3xBX-25 and 3xBX-10 for my 10/22.

I probably don't really have a need for more magazines, but at the same time, if I can get them inexpensively, I feel like I owe it to myself to stack up at least a few more 20 and 30rnd mags. I really, really like the 10rnd Lancer mags. A little lighter than the PMAGs and I like the steel lips. So I'd love to pick up a couple of 20rnd and a few 30rnd Lancer mags, and half a dozen or a dozen surplus aluminum 20/30rnd mags wouldn't go amiss.

There is probably a point where enough is too much, but I doubt I'll feel that way until we are talking like 20+ of standard capacity mags (though I do feel like I have plenty reduced capacity mags).

I'll also likely pick up another 1-2 BX-25 and I'd like to try a couple of BX-15 to see how they shoot from the bench.

I don't feel the need for any drums, with the exception of saying a big FU to MD. So one might happen some day.

Once I get another firearm that feeds from a non-AR mag, I'll start collecting mags for that, but other than a primary sidearm, I don't see a need to collect more than a handful for whatever it is. Something like a bolt gun that takes unique mags and I'd like never get more than 2 spare mags. Even a semi-auto I'd probably never get more than 5-6 spare mags (well, unless it is an "AK like" (FU MD) or an AR-10 platform, but even then I doubt I'd ever collect more than a dozen 10 and 20rnd for an AR-10 or 12-15 mags for a 7.62x39/5.45x39 semi auto).

An AR-15 is likely to be (for the foreseeable large number of years) my primary platform and since I seem to be collecting them and I've got 4 immediate family members, 1 who is about shooting age and 2 who will be in a few years...stacking them higher and deeper for AR-15 mags seems to make sense.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Oh, also now I can't go to the show. My wife shot it down since we have to much to do. So I am retargeting the show around the end of the summer.

rkouns2003

Jul 22, 2013
    Pasadena
    any MD residents buy any firearms at this show? It would be my first out of state show and just wondering what to expect. Would they even sell to me being a MD resident or they ship to FFL? Thanks

Clifjr

Feb 2, 2014
    Germantown
    Since the show is this weekend, I'm thinking about going since I need some rifle ammo. Did anyone see .30-06 for M1's at the last show? I'm looking for surplus stuff that shoot in M1s, not the commercial hunting ammo. ]
    thanks in advance

I remember seeing some but it wasn't cheap compared to the CMP. But saying the CMP is getting more and more expensive. I seen HXP spam cans to loose 8 round clips of AP Ammo.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    any MD residents buy any firearms at this show? It would be my first out of state show and just wondering what to expect. Would they even sell to me being a MD resident or they ship to FFL? Thanks

Gus is there to do MD transfers.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I see 1 end of July ( 28th thru the 30th). August kids are getting ready to head back to school , and many parents plan vacation's then.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    To expand on Boss94's reply :

"Most" dealers will sell "most" long guns to MD'ers. ( Some are twitchy about those that seem marginal for being Banned. Only a few have o roblem with Md'ers Generally.)

Handguns ingerently require a Md based FFL. As noted Accurate Pawn (Gus) is there to recieve handguns in person for transfer. Gus has a large overhead sign saying "Maryland Transfers" , usually located near the snack bar ( non-Hawaiian) in the front of main room.

ARMatt

Apr 12, 2016
    NAS Pax River
    I have a bunch of bakelites magazines, for 7.62 and 5.45 along with some Russian 40rders and Ak103 mags can I just take a bag and sell them ?

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    I have a bunch of bakelites magazines, for 7.62 and 5.45 along with some Russian 40rders and Ak103 mags can I just take a bag and sell them ?

I don't see why not, I've sold and even traded magazines there in the past. Just look for any dealers that have old and/or used magazines and they will likely make you an offer.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Saw a table with new Tavors both 16 " and 18" barrels for $1250.00. He also had new IWI Jericho 9mm and 40 Cal pistol's for $439.00 didn't see ARMatt and his mags. Was hoping to meet up and maybe pick up a few.

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Thought about buying, but did not:
    1. Toggle handle Luger WWII era ~ $1800
    2. WWII Era Colt 19011 ~ $1800
    3. CZ Evo 22LR with Boyds Stock $499
    4. Spyderco Native 5 w/ S110V steel and blue G10 scales
    5. Spyderco Manix XL

Guess I am cheap. I should have got at least one item from the above list.

It was great to pick up and look at stuff. Saw two Colt AR15 SP1's for $1600. Brought back memories of when I was a kid looking those on the wall at a local gun shop. I think they were like $400 back then (1976).

nomade

Apr 26, 2014
    To expand on Boss94's reply :

"Most" dealers will sell "most" long guns to MD'ers. ( Some are twitchy about those that seem marginal for being Banned. Only a few have o roblem with Md'ers Generally.)

Handguns ingerently require a Md based FFL. As noted Accurate Pawn (Gus) is there to recieve handguns in person for transfer. Gus has a large overhead sign saying "Maryland Transfers" , usually located near the snack bar ( non-Hawaiian) in the front of main room.

I went to the show today with the intention of buying a handgun and make the transfer with Accurate Pawn. I stop by their spot first and one of the guys there told me that even if I transfer a gun with them I have to go to the store to fill up the paper work then wait the 7 days . By the way, I do have my hql and the 77r confirmation # already.
    The guy stated that they cannot fill up any paperwork at the show for handguns.
    If I knew that, that was the case I would rather just don't waste my time going there.
    But at the end I renew my NRA membership and got some 30 rounds pmags. That make the trip ok.

rkouns2003

Jul 22, 2013
    Pasadena
    Got what I went for, and some, renewed my NRA membership. My first out of MD show I have ever been to. Will probably go again at the end of July. Well worth the trip in my opinion.

38super

Jan 8, 2016
    Montgomery County
    I went to the show today with the intention of buying a handgun and make the transfer with Accurate Pawn. I stop by their spot first and one of the guys there told me that even if I transfer a gun with them I have to go to the store to fill up the paper work then wait the 7 days . By the way, I do have my hql and the 77r confirmation # already.
    The guy stated that they cannot fill up any paperwork at the show for handguns.
    If I knew that, that was the case I would rather just don't waste my time going there.
    But at the end I renew my NRA membership and got some 30 rounds pmags. That make the trip ok.

That is the case for any out of state dealer. Their FFL is only good in the state it is issued in. If they do any paper work for a transfer it must be in their place of business .

AlanInSilverSpring

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 25, 2017

Don't see why not. It's not really a swap meet, but I took some ammo I've been trying to get rid of and just approached the dealers with a list of what I had until I struck up a deal with one. Also saw a few people with rifles on their backs with signs that said for sale

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom