• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • How Long Did It Take TO Get Your HQL Approval?

• < 1 Day

Votes: 70 7.3%
    • 2 Days

Votes: 60 6.3%
    • 3 Days

Votes: 44 4.6%
    • 4 Days

Votes: 22 2.3%
    • 5 Days

Votes: 31 3.2%
    • 6 Days

Votes: 18 1.9%
    • 7 Days

Votes: 47 4.9%
    • 8 Days

Votes: 21 2.2%
    • 9 Days

Votes: 30 3.1%
    • 10+ Days

Votes: 611 63.8%
    • Denied HQL

Votes: 8 0.8%

• Total voters

gungate

NRA Patron Member
    Apr 5, 2012
    Damascus. MD
    First sign of life today! Got a letter saying a background check has been initiated and the DHMH section is done. No wood yet....

I've seen nothing since this. I am picturing some intern with a desk full of shit and eventually it all gets processed and I will see a lot of activity all at once. Frustrating I want a new gun!

I assume calling them is pointless?

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Just an honest question...

Why is this thread still seeing so much traffic?

MD is in no hurry and will take 28-30 days to process nothing has changed nor does it appear that it will.

Just curious.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Defense Rifle

Jul 1, 2016
    NC
    What if someone doesn't receive their HQL in the mail within 30 days?

Are there any legal consequences for MSP for failing to adhere to the 30 day regulation within the law? Or am I misunderstanding the 30 day regulation?

wowmattsays

Oct 4, 2016
    Well...I am definitely starting to get frustrated, but the ONLY consolation I am feeling right now is I am not the only one.

11/12/16: Submitted all relevant paperwork online
    11/16/16: DHMH Completed

AND NOW NOTHING!!! It has been...what...17 days and I haven't heard a SINGLE thing. No letters, no nothing. I'm just hoping its active in 2016 for God's sake...

Baesick

Nov 29, 2016
    Hanover, MD
    Well...I am definitely starting to get frustrated, but the ONLY consolation I am feeling right now is I am not the only one.

AND NOW NOTHING!!! It has been...what...17 days and I haven't heard a SINGLE thing. No letters, no nothing. I'm just hoping its active in 2016 for God's sake...

you didnt get the CJIS letter?

notfast

Sep 3, 2012
    Bel Air, MD

I submitted mine 11/15. DHMH 11/17 and nothing since then as well.

you didnt get the CJIS letter?

I did receive this a few days after fingerprints on 11/15.

kostic

Oct 2, 2014
    Now youre giving me the false hope of mine being active tomorrow.... :shocking:

I checked the morning of the 23rd and it had only two check marks on that list. That afternoon it went active so it doesn't appear that they update the chart too often. Any idea if you can purchase with just the licence number and not the card?

Baesick

Nov 29, 2016
    Hanover, MD
    I checked the morning of the 23rd and it had only two check marks on that list. That afternoon it went active so it doesn't appear that they update the chart too often. Any idea if you can purchase with just the licence number and not the card?

I "bought" mine without the hql. They're holding the gun for me until I get it. I just can't do the paperwork without the license. I believe you need the physical card, but my store said something about if I had the number. I think someone else could clear it up better for us

Mrlexed88

Amateur Race Car Driver
    Nov 28, 2016
    Harford
    I "bought" mine without the hql. They're holding the gun for me until I get it. I just can't do the paperwork without the license. I believe you need the physical card, but my store said something about if I had the number. I think someone else could clear it up better for us

I did the same at a gun shop in millersville where I took the HQL class. Only reason they let me put a deposit down was because I took a the course there. I believe they can submit the paper work with just the number to begin the 8 day cool down Period but will require a photocopy when I pick up.

Baesick

Nov 29, 2016
    Hanover, MD
    I did the same at a gun shop in millersville where I took the HQL class. Only reason they let me put a deposit down was because I took a the course there. I believe they can submit the paper work with just the number to begin the 8 day cool down Period but will require a photocopy when I pick up.

Worth a shot? Lol if so I must have been in the same class.

kostic

Oct 2, 2014

Cool, I might go ahead and do that then to start the waiting period. I ended up doing the online Texas hunters ed course and submitted that in lieu of taking a class in person. I would think that based on how long it took for mine to become active that you all should get it this week or next.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom