• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Larry David

Jul 1, 2013
    Carroll County
    Which one, or neither?

Which rifle would be most appropriate for this match? I have a Ruger RPR in 22lr and a 10/22 in a Magpul Hunter stock. Both have mid priced SFP scopes to a 20 magnification. I have my DOPE to 200 yards. I don’t want to put more money into gear I just want to shoot. Not expecting to win or even come anything close to that.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    larry david, either rifle would be perfectly fine. The point of the match is to test yourself and your equipment. Sounds like both of your rigs will meet the standards for safe and enjoyable shooting. When you leave the match you will have your DOPE to at least 300yd. The rimfire precision game is growing fast because it is a lot of fun, can be conducted on much shorter ranges, and (unless you go full crazy with your rig) is cheaper than PRS. Show up and shoot.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    I came in dead last on at the last on the last one, so I can’t do much worse. I’ve got it in my calendar.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    Beef, the matches are under the new MidAtlantic Rimfire Series i believe. They have a great concept and it is being brought off the ground well. It is precision rimfire (22lr only) shooting from various positions/props. While it outwardly resembles PRS match structure, the functional format is very friendly to new shooters. Even more of a plus is the solid and friendly group of people that tend to frequent .22LR precision matches at many locations. The game is fun and it attracts people that really enjoy shooting for the sake of skill building and enjoyment. Observe a match if you want (get with Yoshi) or, better yet, shoot a match. People will help you out, and you will have a good day on the trigger.

dghboy315

Dave Luu
    Mar 5, 2012
    Rockville, MD
    That's for all the answers guys. Everything above is correct.

Larry David, either rifle will work. Just choose the one you enjoy more. We have separate Bolt and Semi-Auto divisions. Don't worry about 300 yard dope. There will be plenty of guys willing to help you out at the match. And it's usually just 1 stage. Only the Mayberry and Hamburg matches have 300 yard shots. The other MARS matches have shorter ranges.

4g64loser, thanks for the support!

ToolAA, just glad you enjoyed yourself, learned something and are coming out for more!

Beefcube, there's lots more info on the website and facebook/instagram, but feel free to contact me for any other questions you have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom