• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    All,

As you know the Hooligans regularly shoot at the Savage River Range in Grantsville. Most of the folks we meet there, either locals or visitors, are safe and respectful shooters and gun owners. But occasionally, like anywhere, there are jerks. Most of the time we deal with cleaning up the litter they leave behind and we certainly scrounge any usable brass. Last Wednesday some idiot blasted the door to the storage area with a shotgun. :tdown::tdown: :mad54: :mad54:

We know Officer Walt May at the DNR very well. I spoke with him this afternoon. It's a long shot, but he asked me to get the word out to everyone. If anyone has any input that would help his office track down the idiot please pass the info along to Officer May. Any tips could be anonymous and would certainly be appreciated.

Grantsville DNR office
    127 Headquarters Ln, Grantsville, MD 21536
    (301) 895-5759

We did not hang the note by the damaged door, but it represents the opinion all of us share about this kind of bullsh!t!

Thanks!

j8064

Attachments

• DSC01176 Range Door Damage.jpg
      DSC01176 Range Door Damage.jpg
      20.8 KB · Views: 1,819
    • DSC01178 SNIP.JPG
      DSC01178 SNIP.JPG
      47 KB · Views: 1,861

tmo8320

Mar 31, 2019
    What the h*** is WRONG with some people!? I hope they catch the little twerps...

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    Can they figure the distance from the size of the pattern? May be an ND, and no witnesses.

Q

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Possible, but based on the location of the door and its relationship to "down range", doubtful.

Either way, it's nobody I ever want to be at a range with!

:mad54:
    If memory serves, that would be a straight down the firing line shot, no?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Park ranger first pointed out the incident on this thread in post #24 last Thursday:
    https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=234705&page=3 Officer May told me it occurred on Wednesday 5May19.

Personally, I think it was intentional and malicious. We've seen sh!t like the effin' garbage cans with bullet holes that were clearly fired from inside the can outward.

The amount of litter we sometimes find at the range early Sunday mornings is bad enough. We recognize some folks are pigs and we clean that up. But intentional destruction of the structure is over the top. :sad20:

We have respect for the facilities and look out for the safety of everyone. Animals who do not should not be there...much less have a firearm there!

:mad54:

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    This is the kind of stupid shit that gets places closed up and ruins things for the 99.9% of decent people. I Hate people that do things like this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom