• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Well a week ago I mailed for my PA permit , today I got the check and forms back saying they will renew my permit when I get my new permit from Maryland .

I already know since our 2A rights are being infringed and the state has the momentum in their corner it may take 3 months to get my renewed permit back .

I am glad I thought ahead and got my New Hampshire permit to cover me in PA as I travel there often .

This is life in Maryland where one group of idiots can take forever while people loss CCW coverage .

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    Well a week ago I mailed for my PA permit , today I got the check and forms back saying they will renew my permit when I get my new permit from Maryland .

I already know since our 2A rights are being infringed and the state has the momentum in their corner it may take 3 months to get my renewed permit back .

I am glad I thought ahead and got my New Hampshire permit to cover me in PA as I travel there often .

This is life in Maryland where one group of idiots can take forever while people loss CCW coverage .

York county?

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    Yes , but since I have NH it is no disruption . But for the folks coming up as I am please get coverage from NH or you will have to make other arrangements to carry .

Just a royal PITA for the most part .

This is why I went to Adams county to avoid the permit renewal commandos in York. **** them

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    This is why I went to Adams county to avoid the permit renewal commandos in York. **** them

Smart move , and the reason I post here and share is to inform others of what they are going to have to go thru .

A education for our members . I am kinda lucky as I am covered for PA . But if I was not I would be pissed about it .
    I am more pissed that I have to deal with the State Police here as they slow walk my renewal . The whole state is a shit-hole and nobody to make them do the work or put in the time .

They run the asylum . :mad54:

A PA LTCF (NR) adds Montana, Texas and Wisconsin to New Hampshire's coverage. Maryland W&C already covers those states.
    Considering you already have MD W&C, a PA NR doesn't add any new states to what NH and MD already reciprocate. Of course, state's permits can change any time.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    A PA LTCF (NR) adds Montana, Texas and Wisconsin to New Hampshire's coverage. Maryland W&C already covers those states.
    Considering you already have MD W&C, a PA NR doesn't add any new states to what NH and MD already reciprocate. Of course, state's permits can change any time.

The New Hampshire I got just to give me extra coverage in Pa. , I wanted a bit of overlap for Pa. just for this reason .

That is the main reason I have multiple permits just so I have redundancy . Cost me more but I do it as my company . It covers my cost for permitting and training .

Xshot

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 14, 2013
    Pasadena, MD
    Do you need a PA NR permit if you have the NH permit? I was under the impression you need the NH in order to get the PA...

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Do you need a PA NR permit if you have the NH permit? I was under the impression you need the NH in order to get the PA...

You can get a NH permit because it is a free state and understands the value of life .

It is 100.00 for 5 years , you also need no other permit and it is one piece of paper no photos & no fingerprints .

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

No. NH non resident permit is recognized in PA. The PA non resident permit is substantially cheaper than the NH, but a MD permit is required to get the PA LTCF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom