• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Another option is to build one now taking advantage of the low price and if/when they issue a revised version you can move your slide to that and put a Mechtech upper on the old one. With the Mechtech the rear guide rails aren't an issue.

:party29::party29::party29::party29::party29:

Rhino

Dec 6, 2008
    Mount Airy
    I think the writing is on the wall for the full size in it's current configuration. I sincerely hope Poly80 will come out with a new improved full size that incorporates the stainless steel rear rail module. The difference between the new compact and the full size is like night and day, and I honestly wouldn't recommend the full size to anyone the way it is now.

Not only the steel rear rail, but they also need to upgrade the grip on the 17 version.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Another option is to build one now taking advantage of the low price and if/when they issue a revised version you can move your slide to that and put a Mechtech upper on the old one. With the Mechtech the rear guide rails aren't an issue.

In this context that Poly80 receiver is really a Poly90 if you get my drift. If the rear rails don't matter.

swierczekml

Apr 19, 2011
    In this context that Poly80 receiver is really a Poly90 if you get my drift. If the rear rails don't matter.

It's not that the rear rails aren't required for the Mechtech; they still need to be milled properly as with any other installation. But once the upper is locked in place their job is done since there's no sliding contact in that area with the Mechtech. In essence they become (wear-free) lock rails rather than slide rails. And it remains a Poly80!

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    It's not that the rear rails aren't required for the Mechtech; they still need to be milled properly as with any other installation. But once the upper is locked in place their job is done since there's no sliding contact in that area with the Mechtech. In essence they become (wear-free) lock rails rather than slide rails. And it remains a Poly80!

:thumbsup:

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Took my 19 out today and ran a box of WWB through it, no issues, ran like a champ.. :party29:

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Took my 19 out today and ran a box of WWB through it, no issues, ran like a champ.. :party29:

I'm a little over 200, trouble-free, rounds spent so far.

If it keeps this trend up, I may finally give my M&P .45 a little break - until the cost of .357SIG catches up to me anyways...

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    I'm a little over 200, trouble-free, rounds spent so far.

If it keeps this trend up, I may finally give my M&P .45 a little break - until the cost of .357SIG catches up to me anyways...
    That's why I went with a 9mm... :lol2:

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    My next build will be a Sig P229. Since I have added 9mm to my arsenal, why not build a Sig? :D

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    That's why I went with a 9mm... :lol2:

If I was known for making sound decisions, I would've gone 9mm too. But, I'm not..., and I love how flat the .357SIG shoots.

My mom has expressed interest in doing one up for herself, that will be a 9mm no doubt.

3paul10

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2012
    Western Maryland
    The real issue is that everyone selling the Slides are asking WAY TOO much for them knowing that people are making the 80%.

Ebay is selling the hell out of them.
    $ 500 - 700 just for factory slides, spring and barrel.

CRAZY :lol2:

I get it, I understand why. But, damn.

:mad54:

I'm such as nice guy, Ill sell you any Glock slide I got for 700.00 each...with free shipping.:)

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    did the new p80 textured. g19 uppper on it but when i pull trigger slide almost always locks back. took off slide and noticed when I pull the trigger it forces slide lock lever to rise causing slide to lock when gun fires. help anyone. heres a vid of it..
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QOup6vNCHc
    Did you verify that the slide lock lever spring is properly installed? That sounds like the culprit.. ;)

pilotguy299

Ultimate Member
    Sep 26, 2010
    FredNeck County, MD
    did the new p80 textured. g19 uppper on it but when i pull trigger slide almost always locks back. took off slide and noticed when I pull the trigger it forces slide lock lever to rise causing slide to lock when gun fires. help anyone. heres a vid of it..
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QOup6vNCHc

the lpk i received had an extra pin in it that was made of nylon. any chance yours did too, and you installed a nylon pin instead of a metal one?

Jano

Jul 11, 2016
    Yeah I installed the slide lock lever incorrectly . the single spring was under the pin took me min to fix and now the stop lever does not rise no matter how hard i pull the trigger thanks guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom