• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IJM

Ultimate Member
    Apr 7, 2012
    District of Columbia
    Here's something that jumped out at me when I was looking through my DC firearms registrations yesterday. For two of my long guns that were registered back in 2012, I have forms from MPD that I signed/dated that indicate the registrations will expire in 3 years time. According to the form, I'll receive a notice in the mail providing notice of the upcoming expiration dates with instructions for how to renew.

Those dates have now come and gone by a few months, and I have yet to receive anything from MPD about this. The only way I even noticed it was by looking through my files and finding those notices from the time of initial registration tucked away with my PD-219s.

Any advice as to what I should do here? If it is indeed a 3-year registration expiration policy, 3 of my long guns are technically unregistered, which could be a problem. MPD has some new procedures on their website for renewing registrations, but it appears to apply only to those registered prior to 2011. As usual things are clear as mud. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom