• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • greyjhu

Jan 28, 2009
    Sykes transfer fee is basically the same as Atlantic Guns.

Perhaps, but if I were a MD resident I could get a handgun transfer through an FFL for under $50, if not $30. And, if I were to go through the MSP, I think the transfer is FREE.

If DC offered transfers at Firearms Registration, I think that would be a great alternative to an FFL-

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    If someone had a C&R in DC and ordered a C&R handgun or bought one out of the district and brought it in with their $30 a year C&R FFL for registration, then there would be no transfer fee to deal with......just saying. ;)

buffalobob

Dec 10, 2009
    DC
    If DC offered transfers at Firearms Registration, I think that would be a great alternative to an FFL-

Yes. That is what I had hoped for. The way things are set up now you can buy a firearm and then have the MPD later say it is not legal for registration. If MPD was the FFL they would tell you up front not to spend your money. I just went through this with them and narrowly escaped with my new XP. BTW the Maryland list does not have five of the XP models on it. That is what MPD and I had to sort out. They were nice about it and I was civil and patient with them.

Sgt. Hall and lt. Shelton have always done as much as possible for anyone of course within the law. this is what goes through my mind...but first, I want to clarify something. This is my opinion of what I've seen, heard and experienced in DC. I have mixed emotions about the mandatory class. I am not 100 perecent convinced that the class is solely to discourage people from buying a weapon.

DC has been denying our basic right for so long that now I'm convinced that gun owners need to be told and reminded what their rights are and how to articulate their circumstances. People move into dc from other jurisdictions and don't know what the laws are. Although the gun ban has been appealed,other laws on the books will stil work against us. There are some people who think that they can shoot someone for the defense of property. A lot of people have this thought that if they get in some sort of incident that is clear cut in their mind, everything is going to ok and its over with...dude..no matter what..your going to need a lawyer!

Cowboy T

It's interesting, and very telling, that these "Jim Crow gun laws" are imposed on probably the most prominent majority-black-population city in our country. Yes, I do find these laws effectively racist. And worse yet, the black leaders of the city are the ones fighting for these racist laws the hardest! Same in Chicago, BTW.

Why is it that so many black folks are against the right to defend yourself with a firearm? Why this continued acceptance of Jim Crow?

bean93x

JamBandGalore
    Mar 27, 2008
    WV
    It's interesting, and very telling, that these "Jim Crow gun laws" are imposed on probably the most prominent majority-black-population city in our country. Yes, I do find these laws effectively racist. And worse yet, the black leaders of the city are the ones fighting for these racist laws the hardest! Same in Chicago, BTW.

Why is it that so many black folks are against the right to defend yourself with a firearm? Why this continued acceptance of Jim Crow?

most "black folks" in D.C. i know aren't against the right to defend their selves with a firearm.. and i believe more "black folks" carry in D.C. illegally than in baltimore.

Don't blame the color, blame the legislation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom