Open carry in a public place in a group or protest.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • I know it's illegal. Can anyone point me to the statute please? There are dingleberries in a facebook group that MAY be planning to do it tomorrow in Annapolis. I know they will get locked up and that's not our problem but the last thing we need is a bunch of arrests for it at the rally.

Yes I searched...the search function on these forums leaves a LOT to be desired..several hundred posts. I went through about 50 of them and gave up...

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    If they have a Maryland handgun permit. Open carry up to and until the point you are asked to leave. If you don't leave, you will most likely be arrested. That's the law.

I don't recommend doing it. Maybe empty holster?

Sent from the 3rd Rock

Link please to the Facebook group that says they will do this?

There is a long scheduled March & Rally tomorrow that is co-sponsored by the Maryland Militia and our Patriot Picket.

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=222645

Open Carry Long Gun is legal in most areas, but by law, not allowed at "demonstrations".

It was a post inside the 3%ers page. Someone else found the law and the post was taken down. It's a closed group so if you're not a member you couldn't view it anyway.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    Universal Citation: MD Crim Law Code § 4-208 (2016)
    (a) Definitions. --
    (1) In this section the following words have the meanings indicated.
    (2) (i) "Demonstration" means one or more persons demonstrating, picketing, speechmaking, marching, holding a vigil, or engaging in any other similar conduct that involves the communication or expression of views or grievances and that has the effect, intent, or propensity to attract a crowd or onlookers.
    (ii) "Demonstration" does not include the casual use of property by visitors or tourists that does not have the intent or propensity to attract a crowd or onlookers.
    (3) (i) "Firearm" means a handgun, rifle, shotgun, short-barreled rifle, short-barreled shotgun, or any other firearm, whether loaded or unloaded.
    (ii) "Firearm" does not include an antique firearm.
    (4) "Handgun" has the meaning stated in § 5-101 of the Public Safety Article.
    (5) "Law enforcement officer" means:
    (i) a member of a police force or other unit of the United States, the State, a county, municipal corporation, or other political subdivision who is responsible for the prevention and detection of crime and the enforcement of the laws of the United States, the State, a county, municipal corporation, or other political subdivision;
    (ii) a park police officer of the Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission;
    (iii) a member of the University System of Maryland Police Force; and
    (iv) any military or militia personnel directed by constituted authority to keep law and order.
    (6) (i) "Public place" means a place to which the general public has access and a right to resort for business, entertainment, or other lawful purpose.
    (ii) "Public place" is not limited to a place devoted solely to the uses of the public.
    (iii) "Public place" includes:
    1. the front or immediate area or parking lot of a store, restaurant, tavern, shopping center, or other place of business;
    2. a public building, including its grounds and curtilage;
    3. a public parking lot;
    4. a public street, sidewalk, or right-of-way;
    5. a public park; and
    6. other public grounds.
    (b) Prohibited. --
    (1) This subsection does not apply to a law enforcement officer.
    (2) A person may not have a firearm in the person's possession or on or about the person at a demonstration in a public place or in a vehicle that is within 1,000 feet of a demonstration in a public place after:
    (i) the person has been advised by a law enforcement officer that a demonstration is occurring at the public place; and
    (ii) the person has been ordered by the law enforcement officer to leave the area of the demonstration until the person disposes of the firearm.

(c) Penalty. -- A person who violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor and on conviction is subject to imprisonment not exceeding 1 year or a fine not exceeding $ 1,000 or both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom