• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Security guard shot someone who stabbed someone is what I heard. No active shooter.

Who has jurisdiction at union station? Someone said its Amtrak police and not the metro police? And what, the mall portion hires their own security guards?

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Who has jurisdiction at union station? Someone said its Amtrak police and not the metro police? And what, the mall portion hires their own security guards?

I'll give you the simple answer of Amtrack with the 2nd answer of everyone

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011

Now that I am not on my phone and I already gave you the simple.........heres the long.

Everyone...........depending on circumstance. When you call 911 ANYWHERE in D.C. you get us. We get dispatched and then the call gets rerouted so that the other agencies respond. So if it's something good with an arrest like a robbery or Assault with Intent to Kill or a nice drug arrest generally the D.C. Officer will try to take it.

The only problem is that when we take the arrest we also take the crime Stat to report to the UCR. So if it's a shooting (not a homicide because D.C. Police investigate all murders) and we take the report/arrest we have to report it to the UCR on us which management doesn't like because it makes our numbers higher.

Happens on the Metro all the time. There will be a robbery on the bus and we will arrest the folks. Our bosses will make Metro Transit Police take the arrest so we don't skew our numbers.

5 years ago it would piss me off that I put all this work in and caught the guy and someone else gets credit. Now I love catching people and then someone else does the paperwork.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    Seeing the perp died , glad any POS that abuses a woman needs death.

Commute home still sucked as someone decided to get hit by a train grrrr

marylandmark

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    So one news article I read said the guy stabbed the girl, ran, security guard gave chased, caught and some how the stabbed guy got shot. Question I have is was the security guard legally able to give chase?

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Well since this is DC , if he was armed, he was not a Security Gaurd, he was inherently an SPO. An on duty , within the physical area of his employment, SPO has Police Powers. If it were hypothetically a Security Gaurd, a stabbing is indeed a violent felony, and he could still have persued. Just couldn't have shot him, only used his wooden nightstick upon him.

hunter777

Jul 31, 2015
    YES IT REALLY MUST BE AUKWARD FOR SOMEONES COMMUTE WHEN THERE SHOOTING AT A TRAIN STATION FROM A DOMESTIC DISPUTE OR GETS HIT BY A TRAIN>

YOU TRULY HAVE THE WRONG PRESPECTIVE. HOPE YOU HAVE A PLEASANT COMMUTE.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    YES IT REALLY MUST BE AUKWARD FOR SOMEONES COMMUTE WHEN THERE SHOOTING AT A TRAIN STATION FROM A DOMESTIC DISPUTE OR GETS HIT BY A TRAIN>

YOU TRULY HAVE THE WRONG PRESPECTIVE. HOPE YOU HAVE A PLEASANT COMMUTE.

LOUD_noises.png

rdc

Ultimate Member
    Dec 3, 2010
    Middlefingurton
    Any idea if the dead guy was one of the numerous vagrants that have set up camp about front the station? There've been tons of not so stable people there lately.
    Som one asked what dept handles union? Like MPDCs short answer it seems to be everyone. Amtrack guys are stationed there all the time but I've even seen MdTA there on occasion

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Any idea if the dead guy was one of the numerous vagrants that have set up camp about front the station? There've been tons of not so stable people there lately.
    Som one asked what dept handles union? Like MPDCs short answer it seems to be everyone. Amtrack guys are stationed there all the time but I've even seen MdTA there on occasion

He was not a vagrant that lived by the train station, he lived in DC. but elsewhere in the city.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom