• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    O ok, so they may not even give you another phone call...they are just verifying your bank statements and deposit slips making sure they are legit.

Right. During my initial process (though not during my renewal), my in-person interview went well and pleasantly. The next person in the food chain later emailed me with a request for additional financial documents (tax-related, etc). I got that info to that investigator (with whom I never met or spoke), and then had the physical permit in hand just a few days later.

BlueMule

Jan 28, 2009
    So I just had my phone interview today. 1st investigator called all my references and told two of them that "He'll definitely be approved for his W&C." I find it rather irking that an MSP officer would broadcast that around, but then again those three people are "life references" for me. The 2nd investigator called today, questions were; criminal record, illegal drug use, alcohol use, physical altercations, job title and duties, nature of the three businesses that employ me, how it is that my G&S is applicable (bank deposits), and how much money on average that I would be transporting. That last part of average funds transport I think was a trick question. I'm not the business owner so I provided a dazzling signed reference letter but apparently that wasn't enough, the investigator wanted to talk to one of the owners so there's that.

How do you verify that it’s actually an MSP investigator with all the scammers lately? Good luck.

A couple years ago, I got a call on my phone at work saying my identity was stolen. I stopped him there, and asked for his name, title, and the company he worked for.
    Respectfully, I explained my concerns, and told him I would look up the main number for the bank, as it worked out, and work through whatever was necessary to get to him. Once I reconnected with him through the phone trees, only then did I start a meaningful conversation with him.
    Note: he supplied NO PHONE NUMBERS. I looked it all up. Added about a 1/2 hour to the bad news. But I was sure I wasn't on the end of a phone scam.

Folks, companies, and I would assume even MSP, would understand verifying a cold call requesting that level of detailed information.

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    A couple years ago, I got a call on my phone at work saying my identity was stolen. I stopped him there, and asked for his name, title, and the company he worked for.
    Respectfully, I explained my concerns, and told him I would look up the main number for the bank, as it worked out, and work through whatever was necessary to get to him. Once I reconnected with him through the phone trees, only then did I start a meaningful conversation with him.
    Note: he supplied NO PHONE NUMBERS. I looked it all up. Added about a 1/2 hour to the bad news. But I was sure I wasn't on the end of a phone scam.

Folks, companies, and I would assume even MSP, would understand verifying a cold call requesting that level of detailed information.

When my credit card number was stolen a few years ago, the text alert told me to call the number on the back of the card or the number within their online banking portal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom