• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    just fyi, i got this exact scope at cabelas back in feb 2019 for $900, best i've seen before and after. of course the one at midway includes a tripod.

rob

DINO Extraordinaire
    Oct 11, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    The specs report eye relief as 18-22 mm.

I take it back. That's pretty good.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

atblis

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    The specs report eye relief as 18-22 mm.

I take it back. That's pretty good.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk
    There's a long eye relief eye piece available. Works nicely for shooting glasses.

That scope has been around a while. Wonder if there's a new one coming out.

atblis

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    I can never quite grasp that there's actually a big enough market for high end spotting scopes and binoculars to support all the different manufacturers. Who buys $3k scopes?

rob

DINO Extraordinaire
    Oct 11, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    I can never quite grasp that there's actually a big enough market for high end spotting scopes and binoculars to support all the different manufacturers. Who buys $3k scopes?
    Environmentalist bird watchers and other weirdos that want to look at stuff but not shoot it. Silly people... ;)

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Lots of long range shooters.

I have a straight version of this and love it. I enjoy watching the bullet track at long ranges.

I am considering this, as I could use the angled eyepiece for CMP type shooting.

Vortex makes a reticle eyepiece that is great for spotting.

atblis

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    Obviously there are enough people buying them. It's just something I wonder about. One thing I suspect, is that many of scopes are basically the same scope from the same optic house re-branded and or repackaged. Inside everyone I know, I may be the only one with some "high-end" binoculars and scopes. The reward was when I went to Alaska, and on a couple tours, my mom and I are watching the baby goats frolic, and everyone else was like, "What goats, I don't see any".

I bought one of these Vortex Razors 8 years ago because I decided it was at the value point I was looking for, 95% of the performance for a half the price. Yes, it is neat to be able to watch the bullet contrails and then eventually bullet arc in on a target. For CMP matches, I can see the bullet all the way to the target and see where it hit (200 yards).

To adapt the straight eyepiece scope for position rifle shooting, something to consider is sticking a camera on it and using a tablet to view it. The camera+scope won't be able to pick out bullets at 200 yards or more (which you could with the scope alone), but if you're looking at scored targets that would work great, or at 100 yards. The Svbony SV205 I've found to be decent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom