• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    So this review says that the barrel is not threaded and there is no tri- lug mount.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/gun-review-heckler-and-koch-sp5k-9mm-pistol/

This was an early review so maybe its changed.

But if true it's a massive massive problem. If you have not run an MP5 supressed, you have not lived. Anyone who pays $2700 for a gun is going to want to do this.

Nevermind, now i see that was SP5K review.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    HK is supposed to release a sp5k with paddle mag release, threaded and 3 lug barrel in January.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    SP5 have a K on order as well. it's not on MD roster yet. im in Va. it's a beautiful gun !!

USAFRavenR6

Apr 7, 2012
    Mur-land
    Sp5 or the K?

So jealous. In MD, thought wasn't on roster yet?

I was asking some questions on gun broker in regards to shipping of some of the internal things that come with the SP5 to some of the people listing theirs for sale. One dealer hit me up and told me he would ship it to the FFL of my choice for MSRP, which I obviously bit on. Now the only thing I am stressing over is the damn handgun roster.

How the hell does this work to get the SP5 on it? I see the SP5K is listed, which is damn near identical to the SP5 in terms of components and set up.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    I was asking some questions on gun broker in regards to shipping of some of the internal things that come with the SP5 to some of the people listing theirs for sale. One dealer hit me up and told me he would ship it to the FFL of my choice for MSRP, which I obviously bit on. Now the only thing I am stressing over is the damn handgun roster.

How the hell does this work to get the SP5 on it? I see the SP5K is listed, which is damn near identical to the SP5 in terms of components and set up.

You (or someone) will have to submit it for approval. There is a form on the website: https://mdsp.maryland.gov/Organizat...onBureau/LicensingDivision/HandgunRoster.aspx

The next meeting is 3-11-2020 with a petition closing date of 2-20. It'll be on the roster roughly 8 weeks after 3-11. Then you have to wait 7 days for the 77r, lol.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    1 was supposedly submitted about 2 weeks ago by Continental Arms in Baltimore. I don't see it being a issue as they approved the Zenith RS5 which is the exact twin of the SP5.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    It will definitely be approved, there are others like the Zenith and POF on the roster.

The issue is that they wont be on the roster until maybe May, the next official meeting is March 11th.

MaicoBill

MDS Supporter
    Aug 17, 2020
    I am putting a A-2 stock on my SP5 to SBR it. I just finished making the spacers. I will measure overall length tomorrow morning. It was 28 1/2" long with out spacers.

Attachments

• extension 1.jpg
      extension 1.jpg
      53.6 KB · Views: 106
    • extension 2.jpg
      extension 2.jpg
      30.9 KB · Views: 110

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members