• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I don't care what side of the isle you are on , but let me tell you folks this dangerous for America . We become no better then China or Iran if we censor certain social platforms . 2021 just told 2020 hold my beer

1A only means the government has a really high bar for what it can directly prevent you from saying or printing. To play for free in these privately owned company sandboxes, you play by THEIR rules, which can be changed at any time. You agreed to it when you signed up. Want to be free from intervention from anyone but Uncle Sam? Set up your own servers and take on the liability of what people post there. We're still better than China or Iran because Uncle Sam isn't overtly ordering this, this is glorious capitalism at work. Investors and corporate boards are dodging liability now that it got ugly. Parler servers aren't being seized, not yet anyway. Sorry if you lost any accounts there or otherwheres, really.

Botfellas

Apr 14, 2020
    Urban Jungle
    Unbelievable how quickly it is escalating. I don't see this incoming government sitting idly. I expect more restrictions on our freedoms. I wouldn't be surprised if the media and the brain dead folks that watch them approve with thunderous applause...

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    The liberal Dems are giddy with this temporary power (i hope) . If they go down this path i hope they catch some of their voting block in the net . They have 2 years i think and they are going to hit the gate running .

Jan 13, 2020
    You agreed to it when you signed up. Want to be free from intervention from anyone but Uncle Sam? Set up your own servers and take on the liability of what people post there. We're still better than China or Iran because Uncle Sam isn't overtly ordering this, this is glorious capitalism at work.

Exactly. This has nothing to do with the first amendment. Nobody here would give a shit if facebook shit down some BLM page.

Crazytrain

Certified Grump
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 8, 2007
    Sparks, MD
    elGato said:
    1A only means the government has a really high bar for what it can directly prevent you from saying or printing. To play for free in these privately owned company sandboxes, you play by THEIR rules, which can be changed at any time. You agreed to it when you signed up. Want to be free from intervention from anyone but Uncle Sam? Set up your own servers and take on the liability of what people post there. We're still better than China or Iran because Uncle Sam isn't overtly ordering this, this is glorious capitalism at work. Investors and corporate boards are dodging liability now that it got ugly. Parler servers aren't being seized, not yet anyway. Sorry if you lost any accounts there or otherwheres, really.

Exactly. This has nothing to do with the first amendment. Nobody here would give a shit if facebook shit down some BLM page.

Elgato's has 9 posts. gmoney_downtown has 36.

Why does this matter?

Well, gmoney is making a claim based on limited time on the board that we wouldn't care if BLM was taken down on Facebook. That's a broad statement that I think is generally incorrect. Perhaps the majority here want to be treated equitably, and if the Social Medias are going to dump on us, we are resentful that they let the opposing side just run rampant, and if anything promote their views. Ideally, I believe the majority here would be prefer no one was deplatformed. This is a 2a board; but more importantly, in my view it is a civil rights board. Of course there are opposing views.

Regards elGato... Social Media companies have successfully made themselves the public square. With current government 1a violations, they are effectively the only practical public square. Start a new server? Sure. Then be attacked for it. Parler is being deplatformed AS WE SPEAK. Other forums probably are as well. There appears to be a social media conspiracy with other tech companies, the old media and most likely government representatives and maybe other actors to eliminate alternate platforms. THIS IS A DIRECT THREAT TO FREEDOM. Far more dangerous than what happened on Wednesday.

BTW, I'm not sure if this is related; but I can't post here while my VPN is running. I'm not sure if PIA has decided to start blocking stuff, if MDS is stopping VPNs, or if some ISP between me and MDS is playing games. Perhaps it is just a coincidence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom