• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    We can see the current playbook.

Every statement starts with, "No one is taking your guns, all this proposal is........"

They know that they aren't to the point of physically taking them from those that currently have them. There's virtually no one who has the stomach for what that would mean.

Just like the left has patiently consumed our country over generations, they will do the same here.

1. Steer belief systems of young people away from the concept of gun ownership.
    2. Create a culture that demonizes gun owners as racist, bigoted, uneducated.
    3. Limit opportunities for young people to interact with firearms positively.
    4. Create barriers on the on ramps to new ownership.
    5. Impose higher taxes on ownership.
    6. Create inordinate storage requirements.
    7. Drive gun ranges and clubs out of existence.
    8. Prohibit the transfer of currently owned firearms, particularly intergenerational through wills.

All along, the can honestly say, "no one is coming to take your guns, all this does is....."

not sure if you're agreeing with me, disagreeing or what? yes, "they" are making it harder for "us." we're also making it harder for us because we're not getting younger generations into hunting and shooting, less people doing it = less people voting for it. do i think they will go door to door taking guns, no. but yes on making it harder to keep, use and carry, which will eventually have the same result.

bibitor

Kulak
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2017
    FEMA Region III
    It is difficult to change an organization or system while standing outside casting stones, yelling statements and generally being a pest. If you want to change an organization or system you need to do it from within.

This means get involved directly in politics and possibly get elected to a local, state or federal office.

You don't aim for the capstone on a pyramid when trying to tear it down, you have to break-up the base.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    It depends on the courts and then it depends on the people. If the SC remains intact, the pres/congress can try pushing infringements, but the SC should strike them down. If the SC is compromised by court stacking, it should be a red line crossed to bring Americans off the bench.

What does that mean though? Hot conflict? If so, who are the combatants? Quit paying taxes? Go off the grid? Kill your neighbors for flying a Biden flag?

I think that without a plan/definitives and ROE, even people that want to get off the bench, won't.

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    What does that mean though? Hot conflict? If so, who are the combatants? Quit paying taxes? Go off the grid? Kill your neighbors for flying a Biden flag?

I think that without a plan/definitives and ROE, even people that want to get off the bench, won't.

I have a feeling it might look like some version of Iraq in 2007 or Yugoslavia. Not a good look.

Leftist

Jan 5, 2021
    Everyone should probably calm down.

There is wayyyy too much industry involved in American gun manufacturing for the Chamber of Commerce to allow anything egregious to happen. The political will just isn't there either, with a majority of Americans supporting gun ownership. Also, there isn't an enforcement mechanism in place that would facilitate any serious policy changes. There are like, 2500 ATF agents. Compared to 400 million firearms. Plus, the judiciary from top to bottom is overwhelmingly pro-gun ownership.

Every 4 years there is a panic and the only beneficiary are the industry leaders that profit from our panic buying. Just try and relax. Take good political action (Call/Write/Email your congressman) but try and relax.

bigmancrisler

2A Preacher
    Jun 4, 2020
    Martinsburg, WV
    not sure if you're agreeing with me, disagreeing or what? yes, "they" are making it harder for "us." we're also making it harder for us because we're not getting younger generations into hunting and shooting, less people doing it = less people voting for it. do i think they will go door to door taking guns, no. but yes on making it harder to keep, use and carry, which will eventually have the same result.

This is why every single person I come in contact with especially my age (young 20s late teens) I always invite them to come shooting with me, regardless of their political ideology. I would rather spend the time and money to get someone into guns, or at the very least let them see they aren’t all bad like the media and left makes it out to be. I always offer after taking them shooting that if they want to go buy one I’ll go with them and help them with the process. I have also noticed that more and more people in my age range and younger are becoming more and more out spoken in their conservative beliefs. I have noticed that older people (30+) are more scared to voice their conservative views and are quick to say “oh them stupid liberals”. Yes I know it is difficult to have a discussion with them but I feel that taking the time to convince them to go to the range with me (not trying to convince them that they’re wrong and I’m right) has done more to reshape their thinking.

TLDR: Take a young person out with a 10/22, a brick of ammo, and let them mag dump and see how fun it is. DO NOT BRING OUT YOUR 308 AND HAVE THEM SHOOT THAT THE VERY FIRST TIME. WORK UP TO IT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    There is wayyyy too much industry involved in American gun manufacturing for the Chamber of Commerce to allow anything egregious to happen. The political will just isn't there either, with a majority of Americans supporting gun ownership. Also, there isn't an enforcement mechanism in place that would facilitate any serious policy changes. There are like, 2500 ATF agents. Compared to 400 million firearms. Plus, the judiciary from top to bottom is overwhelmingly pro-gun ownership.

Every 4 years there is a panic and the only beneficiary are the industry leaders that profit from our panic buying. Just try and relax. Take good political action (Call/Write/Email your congressman) but try and relax.

What was your screen name before you got banned?

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    I have a feeling it might look like some version of Iraq in 2007 or Yugoslavia. Not a good look.

I'm not really talking about CW2, I'm posing a slightly different question. Hypothetically, let's say packing the courts is the red line and we're ready to do something about it...what exactly is the "something" everyone keeps talking about? Lot's of people (likely millions) would like to do "something" but they're not the type to instigate conflict.

So again I ask, is it civil disobedience? Is it meeting/resisting confiscation with force? Is it selectively targeting the media and political class?

To be clear I'm not advocating for anything here, I'm simply pointing out that most Americans are going to need some direction if they ultimately decide to do "something."

Sirex