• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageShooter

Jan 10, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    Fri. (new start time used to be 3 pm) 1 pm - 8 pm, Sat. 9 am - 5 pm, Sun. 10 am - 5 pm. Anyone going? I am.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Fri. (new start time used to be 3 pm) 1 pm - 8 pm, Sat. 9 am - 5 pm, Sun. 10 am - 5 pm. Anyone going? I am.

I might hit it on the way out of town if I can get away at 2:30 from town.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    It is a long drive...is it a decent show for mags, ammo, etc, at good prices?

Ten M2 PMAGs for $90 or $100 depending on the vendor. USGI tan follower or EPM new in wrap at $8-10. Dominion Defense has new Glock 19 and 17 mags at $25 and 33rd at $35. One of the vendors from OH has Soviet and Chinese AK mags at $25 each. I think there's a vendor with greasy Romanian and Polish AK mags for like $13 each. There are plenty of other mags too, but prices are probably not better than online.

Two vendors have 50rd boxes of 9mm HSTs for $19 each.

Not sure if they'll be there, but Velocity Ammunition had brass cased Geco 115gr 9mm at $160 a case and 1k Federal 147gr loose in a .30 call can at $173 at the Fredericksburg show. They also had 1k 147gr 9mm HSTs at $325
    loose in a .50 can. I think they're usually at Nation's.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    Not sure if they'll be there, but Velocity Ammunition had brass cased Geco 115gr 9mm at $160 a case and 1k Federal 147gr loose in a .30 call can at $173 at the Fredericksburg show. They also had 1k 147gr 9mm HSTs at $325

yeah the stamp on their fed 147 brass was a little different, but they swore it was regular ol' american eagle. my one buddy bought a case/can and it worked fine but didn't test it for true accuracy. they have been at the dulles show the past two times.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA

actually, the friday start time did use to be 1pm. i worked just a block away and bought their annual pass so i could just walk over at lunchtime. not working there (or anywhere!) any more but 1 is still better as you can get in and out just a hair before rush hour(s) start. i'll prob go friday.

Lousy Shot

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 4, 2020
    Maryland at the Bay
    Ten M2 PMAGs for $90 or $100 depending on the vendor. USGI tan follower or EPM new in wrap at $8-10. Dominion Defense has new Glock 19 and 17 mags at $25 and 33rd at $35. One of the vendors from OH has Soviet and Chinese AK mags at $25 each. I think there's a vendor with greasy Romanian and Polish AK mags for like $13 each. There are plenty of other mags too, but prices are probably not better than online.

Two vendors have 50rd boxes of 9mm HSTs for $19 each.

Hey, thanks! Appreciate it!

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    It is a long drive...is it a decent show for mags, ammo, etc, at good prices?

Plenty of mags and ammo. Bring a hand cart for the latter. Whether or not it's worth it depends on where you are driving from...for those of us in Deep Southern Maryland, it's the least distant large gun show.

Lousy Shot

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 4, 2020
    Maryland at the Bay
    Plenty of mags and ammo. Bring a hand cart for the latter. Whether or not it's worth it depends on where you are driving from...for those of us in Deep Southern Maryland, it's the least distant large gun show.

Deep Southern Maryland? Where exactly is that? (never heard that one) :)

I'm guessing just before the 301 bridge into Virginia...or are you talking about the "other side," near Crisfield?

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Deep Southern Maryland? Where exactly is that? (never heard that one) :)

NAS Patuxent River. I always put it that way because the denizens of the I-95 Axis have such poor geography knowledge, even of their own state. To them, there is nothing south of Waldorf...which to us, is a good 40 minute drive up the north road.

safecracker

Unrepentant Sinner
    Feb 26, 2009
    TK Defense will be there with a bunch of new and used guns, as well as specialty 12 gauge ammo. Also doing Maryland transfers.

Lousy Shot

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 4, 2020
    Maryland at the Bay
    So, is the consensus that it is worth the time and gasoline to drive out to Chantilly for the show? It has been at least a dozen years since I visited the Aerospace museum annex out there.

Lousy Shot

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 4, 2020
    Maryland at the Bay
    NAS Patuxent River. I always put it that way because the denizens of the I-95 Axis have such poor geography knowledge, even of their own state. To them, there is nothing south of Waldorf...which to us, is a good 40 minute drive up the north road.

Aha! I think the last time I was out there was for a dinner at an Indian restaurant near the base gate. 10 years at least.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    actually, the friday start time did use to be 1pm. i worked just a block away and bought their annual pass so i could just walk over at lunchtime. not working there (or anywhere!) any more but 1 is still better as you can get in and out just a hair before rush hour(s) start. i'll prob go friday.

How long ago was that? My last trip there was April last year and it was 3:00PM opening on Friday cause I was down in the area and waited an hour till it opened and got out by 4:30 to head home.

Lousy Shot

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 4, 2020
    Maryland at the Bay
    So, DAVSCO, is there a decent lunch restaurant close by where the gun show is being held? I usually avoid the food served inside these venues, but I wouldn't mind finding a decent place nearby. I remember a really good Mexican place in Herndon, but I was told it closed. Anything else out there...where I can drop my wife off to shop? Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom