• DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Dealer didn’t need to “ keep the mag “
    Pennsylvania sale NOT subject to Maryland mag limit
    Same reason standard mags may be purchased out of Maryland
    Completely legal
    Firearm must comply to Maryland ban list for Maryland residents

Lots of out-of-state dealers are clueless so you have to shop around.

rocket1331

Jul 9, 2014
    So as long as a long gun is legal to purchase in MD, there is no legal barrier to purchase out of state? It would be cash and carry, assuming the state you buy in doesn't require a wait period?

Kirkster

Jan 9, 2009
    Severn, PRoMD
    the ammo seemed kind of pricey to me also, but I am a cheapskate.

It was pricy... 450 for range grade 9mm and I saw a case of gold dot for 600+ But they had it in stock. I saw it going by box at a couple places fo $22 to $25 For good ammo and 18 a box for Gecko...

Glad I am reloading, On Target has zero 9mm for range use, Cindy’s had 9mm but is keeping it till they reopen in late September as their supplier does not know when any Ammo will be available in 2020....

Mitral

Sep 6, 2015
    Calvert
    So as long as a long gun is legal to purchase in MD, there is no legal barrier to purchase out of state? It would be cash and carry, assuming the state you buy in doesn't require a wait period?
    So long as it’s legal to purchase in your state of residence it is legal to purchase out of state thru an ffl Private sales are a no no.
    Handguns are a no no.
    Not all ffls will be cooperative or helpful
    It’s their license their rules.
    It’s like any other long gun purchase
    Fed back round check. Cash and carry

JoeyBimmer

Jul 22, 2020
    Eldersburg MD

yes but if it is cash and carry and no wait period in one state, why would the FFL in the state of the sale have to adhere to the other states wait period?

Is there some law related to this?

Mitral

Sep 6, 2015
    Calvert
    Wouldn’t for long guns
    Can NOT purchase handguns without transfer thru
    Md ffl. Who will do md rules.
    Believe thems the feds rules.

JoeyBimmer

Jul 22, 2020
    Eldersburg MD
    Wouldn’t for long guns
    Can NOT purchase handguns without transfer thru
    Md ffl. Who will do md rules.
    Believe thems the feds rules.

I was talking more in line with how, for example, Maryland regulates AR's where other states may consider them cash and carry. How does that work? Wouldn't it then be the applicable laws in the state you are in, and if you want to be silly and bring it back to your state and then it automatically becomes illegal.

Just thinking in words on a forum, the regulations, as everyone here knows, are ridiculous, and you have these grey areas

Mitral

Sep 6, 2015
    Calvert
    Don’t think you could convince someone to sell ya a standard AR. Or an Ak. Hell its hard enough to find someone to do something that isn’t on the banned list. If ya wanna guinea pig up a grand I’d be interested in the results.

JoeyBimmer

Jul 22, 2020
    Eldersburg MD
    Don’t think you could convince someone to sell ya a standard AR. Or an Ak. Hell its hard enough to find someone to do something that isn’t on the banned list. If ya wanna guinea pig up a grand I’d be interested in the results.

I have no desire to do that, I really just am curious.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    I was talking more in line with how, for example, Maryland regulates AR's where other states may consider them cash and carry. How does that work? Wouldn't it then be the applicable laws in the state you are in, and if you want to be silly and bring it back to your state and then it automatically becomes illegal.

Just thinking in words on a forum, the regulations, as everyone here knows, are ridiculous, and you have these grey areas

This particular one is not a gray area.

The FFL and you are required to follow the laws of the state of residency. If you make a purchase in another state in violation of those laws it becomes a federal crime.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia

HBAR AR’s are cash and carry in MD. (As long as they are not banned)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oddway Otts

Mar 17, 2008
    Harford County
    Okay, it's been almost two weeks since the Gettysburg Show. Some people chose not to go; some people went and wore a mask; some went and didn't cover up. SO, has anyone become ill with Covid 19, China Virus, or whatever? Does anybody know of anybody who went to the show, as a patron or seller, and has now come down with symptoms? Next step: has anyone heard of anyone who attended the show coming down with the virus? I'm just curios. :confused:

FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    Okay, it's been almost two weeks since the Gettysburg Show. Some people chose not to go; some people went and wore a mask; some went and didn't cover up. SO, has anyone become ill with Covid 19, China Virus, or whatever? Does anybody know of anybody who went to the show, as a patron or seller, and has now come down with symptoms? Next step: has anyone heard of anyone who attended the show coming down with the virus? I'm just curios. :confused:

Not that I have heard

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    The two friends and I that went up to the show on Sunday with, haven't felt any effects from the Wuhan Flu.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County

I went Saturday, carried a mask but did not wear it, did not catch the wuflu. I even walked the entire show twice, just in case I missed something. And because I had nowhere else to be at the moment ;).

Cochise

Ultimate Member
    Sep 5, 2008
    Rockville
    I was there with a friend, we both wore masks. It looked like 80% + of the folks there were not wearing masks with a couple idiots wearing a mask over their mouth with their nose out. No virus here, just a lighter wallet ......

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County

Attachments

• wheres-the-beef-wrestlemania.jpg
      wheres-the-beef-wrestlemania.jpg
      36.5 KB · Views: 229

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads