What is your breaking point for a Revolution?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Winterborn

Moved to Texas
    Aug 19, 2010
    Arlington, TX
    At what point will you decide enough is enough? When will the soap box and ballot box just not be an option? Personally, I think we all need to examine this and set a point in our own minds of when we will put our foot down and decide to hell with it all, I am fed up. If we do not define that point in our minds, we will continue to allow ourselves to be slowly shackled and restricted.

Just curious what everyone thinks is their point of no return.

To get back to the OP's question, and to be completely honest:

When I have nothing left to lose. I'll put up with an incredible amount, even a soul-crushing amount of oppression, to keep my family safe.

Now, what does that mean, to keep them safe?

First, it means, obviously, safe from physical harm and danger. It is my job as the man in my house to protect my wife and daughter from any aggressor.

Second, it means to provide for them, as in keeping a roof over their heads and food in their bellies.

I cannot do either of these things if I am in prison, or dead. If my firearms are taken, there are other ways to ensure my family is safe, but those methods require my presence.

So call me a coward, or whatever you please, but I will not be dying at the door when the gun grabbers come. I will fight them as much as I can in the courts, in the ballot box, in the press. I will be relentless in my fight to support pro-2a political candidates and oppose progressive gun grabbers.

But, in the end......I will protect my family. If that means I must stand down on this issue or be killed/go to prison......I will protect my family.

Take my family away......give me nothing to lose........then you will see a breaking point.

If you take away a man's fear of death, then he becomes truly dangerous.

shaddydan

ADHD chicken fighter
    Oct 22, 2010
    Hydes

When I have nothing left to lose. I'll put up with an incredible amount, even a soul-crushing amount of oppression, to keep my family safe.

First, it means, obviously, safe from physical harm and danger. It is my job as the man in my house to protect my wife and daughter from any aggressor.

Second, it means to provide for them, as in keeping a roof over their heads and food in their bellies.

I cannot do either of these things if I am in prison, or dead. If my firearms are taken, there are other ways to ensure my family is safe, but those methods require my presence.

So call me a coward, or whatever you please, but I will not be dying at the door when the gun grabbers come. I will fight them as much as I can in the courts, in the ballot box, in the press. I will be relentless in my fight to support pro-2a political candidates and oppose progressive gun grabbers.

But, in the end......I will protect my family. If that means I must stand down on this issue or be killed/go to prison......I will protect my family.

Take my family away......give me nothing to lose........then you will see a breaking point.

Well worded Rich! I would have to agree!

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co

Thanks for your thoughts. Lots to think about.

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    The left will revolt long before the right. Just do. Nothing.

The left is doing all the work... they always do. After the damage is done then to move to the right. Most likely the government will be moveing to the right by then..

Our job is wait till the left has destoryed itself.. do nothing until then.. it will be hard.. you will want to restore order... do not...

The left will rise again, just as they did after Reagan if the price of leftism is to low.. let them pay the full measure. Do not restore order.. wait until they admit there folly... then say... " some problems can only be prevented -- not solved .. so sad..."

I kid you not. -- you can't bail then out or we will be right back at it within one generation... I am done with that.

The left wilk revolt.. we will.watch. then maybe we will rebuild.

Anything less will be a temporary fix.

We still have time to stop it.. not much.... but once it starts if you try and prevent it you will be blamed an the left will rise again.

I am not kidding....

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." - Napoleon Bonaparte
    ;)

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County

Action > Reaction

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    A picture is worth a 1,000 words

The Obama Gambit ... wait for it ...

I think that the pawns are all former ObamaBots who finally broke the spell of 'hope & change' only to find that they are without any hope and are about to affect their own change. :innocent0

Attachments

• Chess Pieces.JPG
      Chess Pieces.JPG
      54 KB · Views: 287
    Last edited:

wolfwood

Ultimate Member
    Aug 24, 2011
    On my father's side the "Great Confiscation" plays a integral part of not only my families mythology but of many folk in that part of rural Indiana. I've heard the local SWAT team talk about it. The local Reserve units. Heck literally every branch of government one would think would be part of confiscating firearms is ready to combat the Federals as are local people.Many of whom take the position joining the NRA is tantamount to volunteering to registration. Who else are they going to come for first. It hit me the other day that I've been listening to this every time I am there for all my life and even the less than legal arms are still plentiful.

I'm beginning to think that the Federal Legislature gets a lot of backlash anytime that it attempts to pass any comprehensive gun control as most of the country is quite militantly pro gun. Even the confiscation policy during Katrina resulted in a new state amendment and legislation. State legislation will continue to happen in the "may issue" states but that will be combated in the court system and legislature. In the event of failure our system of Federalism allows us to move.

I go down to Mexico roughly once a month and how it is now to 10 years ago things are much more dangerous and in parts rebellion of sorts (it is much more complicated than that) is already going on. Less tangible infringements are going to continue such as NSA spying but we didn't revolt during McCarthyism. If we get to how Mexico is then people are going to start shooting.

Last edited:

Chris

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 21, 2005
    Cecil Co, Maryland
    I think it will be more surviving then revolution. At some point in time the government will be unable to provide it's intitlements at which time the minon will rise up and want their due. Then we will have kaos, we will be on our own to fight off the hoards or more timely named Zombies. Prepare as you would for a winter storm or hurricane with a little extra. I'm glad I don't live the cities just have business/property but when the S$&@ hits the fan they will not matter anyway. Chris

Whitty Whit

Mar 20, 2013
    5% now. What about in 30 years when they're 50%?

Middle and upper middle class whites (the conservative "base") have 2 or 3 kids each. Shaniqua and Consuela have 6-8, and nearly all of them grow up to be dependent on the state. If we don't find a way to change this country's demographic trajectory, we are screwed.

Too late.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    A warning from Carl Sagan

Before his passing 17 years ago, Sagan offered an observation even more prolific that "billions and billions" ...

Watch and listen to the end ... especially from 2:00 on if you want to know our breaking point.

HINT: We've passed it. The question still remains, what to do about it.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Before his passing 17 years ago, Sagan offered an observation even more prolific that "billions and billions" ...

Watch and listen to the end ... especially from 2:00 on if you want to know our breaking point.

Many of us are students of history. We are seeing events now somewhat analogous to those in the late 18th century. I think if/when a revolution occurs in the future, it will be organic rather than something planned in advance. We will know when the time comes. We talk about what it is that will be the tipping point, and I bet it is not anything anyone has predicted. I watch and wait.

RareBird

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 11, 2013

"This combustible mixture of ignorance and power..." I like it.

To answer your question, nothing except to prepare for the Restoration.

BDurk

Sep 21, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    There will never be any voluntary welfare reform. The welfare reform that Slick Willie signed, kicking and screaming, was watered down to nothingness by Obama.

Wasn't even really true reform except that it worked to push welfare recipient from welfare benefits to disability. :sad20:

Alutacon

Desert Storm
    May 22, 2013
    Bowie
    At what point will you decide enough is enough? When will the soap box and ballot box just not be an option? Personally, I think we all need to examine this and set a point in our own minds of when we will put our foot down and decide to hell with it all, I am fed up. If we do not define that point in our minds, we will continue to allow ourselves to be slowly shackled and restricted.

Just curious what everyone thinks is their point of no return.

I think you are talking dangerous shit and living in a fantasy. I have no breaking point because I love my country and my flag. Period. Don't like all of the laws or the policies, and those I object to, I avail myself of the courts and political process to try and affect change. But the notion of taking up arms against my country is ludicrous.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    I think you are talking dangerous shit and living in a fantasy. I have no breaking point because I love my country and my flag. Period. Don't like all of the laws or the policies, and those I object to, I avail myself of the courts and political process to try and affect change. But the notion of taking up arms against my country is ludicrous.

Slow down there buddy. I am just trying to make people evaluate their position on things. A revolution could take many shapes and forms, not just a violent uprising.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Name change to protect the ...

When the Gov. enacts martial law.

Washington. Bureaucrats and politicians will never use the term martial law. Instead, the phrase ‘continuity of government’ is substituted. In reality, they’re the same thing. Last month, the Office of the Director of National Intelligence – the head of the entire US intelligence and security apparatus – released instructions for the implementation of continuity of government in America.

Obama Administration issues Martial Law Directive

jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland

Washington, Franklin, Jefferson, Hancock

They were not ludicrous but devote Patriots that understood what government was meant for, The People. When they exercised their "boxes" they understood what the only method left was to address their grievances.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions and rightfully so, however if one is not open minded enough to look at the surroundings and realize when they are broken there indeed is no hope.

No one in this thread has ever trumpeted armed revolt. What has been advocated is what is your breaking point which would be when is enough enough. Not what will you do when enough is enough.

Fishguy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2009
    Montgomery County

So you make no distinction between your country/flag and the government who runs it?

I love my country, it's the government I fear.

Also, what is truly dangerous is the notion that folks think words typed on the interwebs is dangerous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom