• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cmartin

Jun 11, 2009
    Just curious as I have seen some comments, what if any Gun Control is hidden in the new Mega Budget that seems to have passed? Considering the size , I am quite sure there are lots of unknowns.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Some consultants told Congress gun control and immeasurable deficits were more popular than a government shutdown so they blinked.

This is what happened under Bush, the Republicans blew up the budget, started a war overseas, and then expanded entitlements (remember Medicare part D?).

It ended when the voters cried uncle and finally voted for Obama.

krucam

Ultimate Member
    Art of the Deal...Give (NICS, though could be argued a good thing), Give (CDC Research which will be biased). Get (Nada).

Reciprocity, Suppressors off of NFA were 2 Bills that could have gotten into the Get category...

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I am not really sure what the get is for Republicans at all. $1.6 billion for border wall funding, paltry.

Looks like the pulled pork BBQ, thats it.

Still waiting to see if ATF got more money. Trump admin asked for more money for ATF to reduce NFA wait times.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Art of the Deal...Give (NICS, though could be argued a good thing), Give (CDC Research which will be biased). Get (Nada).

Reciprocity, Suppressors off of NFA were 2 Bills that could have gotten into the Get category...
    Depending on the party in power, CDC has been a mixed blessing, but I agree, WE THE PEOPLE got nothing ... but the bill.

Rethinking Gun Control
    Surprising findings from a comprehensive report on gun violence.
    The gun control debate is certainly worth reopening. But if we’re going to reopen it, let’s not just rethink the politics. Let’s take another look at the facts. Earlier this year, President Obama ordered the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to assess the existing research on gun violence and recommend future studies. That report, prepared by the Institute of Medicine and the National Research Council, is now complete. Its findings won’t entirely please the Obama administration or the NRA, but all of us should consider them. Here’s a list of the 10 most salient or surprising takeaways.

I lean strongly towards the John Lott school of thought ...

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    What's the point of voting R when all they do is go and vote what the D's want when we have the trifecta? I unfortunately believe it's only a matter of time before we get a federal AW ban unless the courts intervime, when is looking less and less likely. All I can do is sit here and mill.

XCheckR

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    HdG
    How is the CDC the right authority to do a study on gun violence. How is it a disease? Yes they should study mental health and violence. But not gun violence

Does the dept of interior get to do studies on Space travel?

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    How is the CDC the right authority to do a study on gun violence. How is it a disease? Yes they should study mental health and violence. But not gun violence

Does the dept of interior get to do studies on Space travel?

If the CDC is going to report on crime, next years' budget will probably have the FBI making specifications for the flu vaccine.
    :sad20::mad54::tdown:

RepublicOfFranklin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 16, 2018
    The ‘Dena - DPRM
    Basically DJT just signed in more gun control than we got in 8yrs of Obama; and in exchange we got bupkis. The GOP really knows how to rally the base before the midterms, just yeesh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    I lean strongly towards the John Lott school of thought ...

BIG x2 on that. He is a one man wrecking machine wreaking havoc on anti-2A, anti-gun propagandists. He’s so rough on them that he can’t even get people to debate him. Most will refuse to debate him when they find out he’s the opponent. A couple agreed to “respond” to his comments but only after he had concluded his presentation....gives them a chance to make up lies That will not be challenged.

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    What gun control, *specifically*, does this spending bill have in it?

Increased spending for the CDC to "study" gun control? Increased scrutiny with NICs? (organizations who don't report get punished, now?) Is that it?

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    What gun control, *specifically*, does this spending bill have in it?

Increased spending for the CDC to "study" gun control? Increased scrutiny with NICs? (organizations who don't report get punished, now?) Is that it?

Folks may be conflating the debt that was heaped upon our great grandchildren with Trump's desire to ban plastic sliding devices that don't turn a firearm into a machinegun.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    I always thought the Dickey amendment wasn't the best strategy. Blocking the study of something looks like you have something to hide. Instead, the Dickey amendment should have been used to block partisan research, preventing government money from funding Everytown or NRA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom